Preview Round 23 Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Very hostile over on the port board. It seems some of their posters are taking our 1st place and player management this week personally. Travel over at your our peril.

Some of their supporters are real feral dicks, for sure. They were frothing at the mouth to get their revenge on us for earlier this year and they now know that their win will be hollow and have no bragging rights attached. The injury trolls over there would attract thread bans if the situation was reversed and they were posting over here.

plosing.jpg

pwin.jpg

I didn't mind this article in afl.com.au: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-01/the-perks-of-being-no1

Dockers to have played more than 2000 minutes in 2015
Garrick Ibbotson
Lee Spurr
Stephen Hill
Cameron Sutcliffe
Aaron Sandilands
Chris Mayne
Matthew Pavlich
David Mundy
Luke McPharlin

Top eight in season 2015
PLAYED EVERY GAME PLAYED / >2000min
Fremantle 8 / 9
West Coast 7 / 12
Hawthorn 3 / 8
Sydney Swans 6 / 11
Western Bulldogs 2 / 7
Richmond 11 / 13
North Melbourne 7 / 10
Adelaide 7 / 9

Top eight in the past month

PLAYED EVERY GAME PLAYED / >400min
Fremantle 15 / 8
West Coast 14 / 9
Hawthorn 15 / 11
Sydney Swans 17 / 14
Western Bulldogs 14 / 13
Richmond 18 / 10
North Melbourne 17 / 7
Adelaide 19 / 13

So i expect that "Dockers to have played more than 2000 minutes in 2015" to be rested, perhaps minus Chris Mayne.

This is a game where the final fringe players will either make the final team or enjoy peel's second week in finals. The final choice whether Muz buzz, Duffield, Crozier, De Boer, Tabs, Clarke, A Pearce, C Pearce, langdon, weller or Blakely are picked. I think there is still plenty to play for in this game and these guys must perform!

Fremantle have announced that McPharlin, Sandilands, Pavlich, Mundy, Hill and Spurr won't play. (AFL Fantasy source - fairly reliable)

I assume Sutcliffe is injured and won't play either.

Fremantle Dockers ‏@freodockers 21m21 minutes ago

Lyon: McPharlin, Sandilands, Pavlich, Mundy, Hill and Spurr won’t play #foreverfreo

Fremantle Dockers ‏@freodockers 17m17 minutes ago

Lyon: Ballantyne will train today… he’s pretty keen to get back
#foreverfreo

Fremantle Dockers ‏@freodockers 11m11 minutes ago

Lyon: Connor Blakely will definitely play (on Saturday)
#foreverfreo

I am surprised Ibbotson is not having a rest, but I assume he is cherry ripe.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Pav, McPharlin, Sandi, Hill, Mundy, Spurr, Sutcliffe

In: Taberner, Pearce, Clarke, Weller, Blakely, Grey, Crozier

???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see why not. Port are a good match up for us too, they don't have too many big players and rely on their run and carry .

Out: Pav, McPharlin, Sandi, Hill, Mundy, Spurr, Sutcliffe

In: Taberner, Pearce, Clarke, Weller, Blakely, Grey, Crozier

???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Duffy in for someone as well....however i don't particularly hate the makeup of that team....too bad it will be against a Red Hot (abeit at the wrong time of the year) Port.

i think Saturdays game will show us a lot about whether we have a big fall to come when our premiership window closes or if we will keep the premiership window open for awhile longer to come

I really hope Clarke has a blinder this week that forces him to be picked for finals.
Griffin has been alright against the battling teams but Clarke just has that extra level to go up, he can provide a run through the middle or linkup play that Griffin just isn't able to and i just hope that given his dumping to the Wafl he comes back with a real intent and hunger for finals action.
This is all just hope though as everyone here knows his potential but potential doesn't win games.

I'd prefer us to stick with Griffin.

Clarke has averaged 2 more disposals per game than Griff, but Griffin wins marginally more hitouts and most importantly he's kicked 7 goals in 7 games (should be 8 considering the time Griff was sent off for the blood rule when he had just marked in the goal square) compared to Clarkes 0.5 per game.

Also, he's been just as good against the good teams as he has against the bad teams. His best games for hitouts were against WCE and GWS; his best mark tallys came against North and Richmond; and his most goals came against North and StKilda. The Melbourne game was his worst game.

We need goals. We need to stick with Griffin.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=1567&tid2=9&pid2=3143&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

I'm not sure but I thought Frawley tore his pectoral muscle(balla injury) and returned ahead of schedule too.
Ballas tore ligament off the bone which is a reattachent procedure and recovery to strengthen it from tearing off again.

Tearing the pectoralis muscle is a different kind of injury. I did mine in Feb and even with all of the correct physio it takes 1 year to get back to about 90% strength. I'm 6months in and with all the correct physio, gym work and exercises, that year mark looks correct. Ballas got the 'better' injury by a long shot which is why he is about ready to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back