Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a wrong matchup IMHO. Should have gone to Wallis.
Fair call although Wallis is there tagger. I cant remember the last time a tagger played on a tagger. Hunter turned in a blinder at thats the strength of the dogs midfield.

I said early last week a defensive tag should be put on Murphy.

Fair call although Wallis is there tagger. I cant remember the last time a tagger played on a tagger. Hunter turned in a blinder at thats the strength of the dogs midfield.

Wallis isn't a tagger anymore, he was when Libba, griff, Cooney were here last year. But not anymore

Wallis is the inside ball winner who got 30+ against us, and if Jacobs could tag Nathan Jones, he could certainly limit Wallis as well, which would have made life easier for Swallow and Cunnington IMO.

Can comfortably say that I backed him from when we drafted him "AS A MIDFIELDER". He was never going to make it as a defender, although always showed promise as an inside midfielder. He's young and hopefully can continue to take his game to the next level. Judging from his success as a tagger, I can see Ben making the transition into a regular midfielder, like many taggers before him, and being excellent at it. Tagging will teach him a lot as a player, as well as adds an extra string to his bow.

Can comfortably say that I backed him from when we drafted him "AS A MIDFIELDER". He was never going to make it as a defender, although always showed promise as an inside midfielder. He's young and hopefully can continue to take his game to the next level. Judging from his success as a tagger, I can see Ben making the transition into a regular midfielder, like many taggers before him, and being excellent at it. Tagging will teach him a lot as a player, as well as adds an extra string to his bow.
Many start off as defenders though to train them to learn to run both ways that early years teachings naturally kicks in to defend.

What got me dirty was Ziebells missed tackle on Bontempelli. Still filthy on that.

Bont looked at Jack... decided to take him on... & then left him for dead. There is simply no other way of looking at it.

It was a wrong matchup IMHO. Should have gone to Wallis.
Absolutely agreed it was the wrong match up. Truth is Bont will be a ******* star if he keeps his head in the game and his body healthy. He's just so tall, strong, and fast as well as having all that skill. I'm not saying he will develop the same skillset as Gaz, but imagine if Gaz was that much taller and heavier? You would basically have to play a tall defender on him in the midfield. Hell, Blicavs is the only player I can think of offhand who has the possible physical traits needed to affectively nullify him.

Not sure if Wallis would have been a great matchup either though. As an ex-tagger himself he would know all the tricks of the trade and would be able to nullify him somewhat. In a perfect world I would have preferred if we rested an inside mid (such as the TWO we are resting tonight!) and played him in the guts without a specific opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back