List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that Melbourne were considering our first round to Adelaide for Lynch :eek: I reckon we will be asking for there first round as well depending on where they finish and who we rate and could get through to that pick. Maybe we could throw in Toump as well and ask for Danger compo pick as well :D. They could then land the SA Francis.

I read somewhere that Melbourne were considering our first round to Adelaide for Lynch :eek: I reckon we will be asking for there first round as well depending on where they finish and who we rate and could get through to that pick. Maybe we could throw in Toump as well and ask for Danger compo pick as well :D. They could then land the SA Francis.
You'd think that Toump and Trengove would be obvious Crows trade bait but unfortunately they've got next to no trade currency IMO. Picks 2 and 4 and we couldn't get a bag of chips for them! If only we could do a hand back and get Weitering and Francis...

Apologies for my lack of knowledge about draft prospects, but would this Curnow be related to Ed Curnow at Carlton? If so, he'd want to be a considerably better player to warrant the wraps he's getting.

Yes they are brother I believe, mate.

Charlie Curnow has had a lack of exposure due to injuries over the past 12 months, but he is starting to look like the big bodied midfield beast prototype.

Talk is that if he has grown in height (we will know once he's tested at the draft camp), he will be genuine key position height and could play pretty much anywhere.

Lack of exposed form is the only thing holding him back, but if Frances is gone, I'd be more than happy to pull the trigger on Curnow. He has far bigger wraps than his older brother.

Will sexton from geelong Falcons looks a decent late -rookie pick. Ripping kick out of half back

Yes they are brother I believe, mate.

Charlie Curnow has had a lack of exposure due to injuries over the past 12 months, but he is starting to look like the big bodied midfield beast prototype.

Talk is that if he has grown in height (we will know once he's tested at the draft camp), he will be genuine key position height and could play pretty much anywhere.

Lack of exposed form is the only thing holding him back, but if Frances is gone, I'd be more than happy to pull the trigger on Curnow. He has far bigger wraps than his older brother.

Is Curnow playing or still injured? I hope all these wraps on him aren't just because he's a midfielder who had a growth spurt.

Is Curnow playing or still injured? I hope all these wraps on him aren't just because he's a midfielder who had a growth spurt.

He was around 190cm I believe, and could potentially be measured at around 194cm at draft camp.

He returned from injury 3 weeks ago or so, and has continued to show the signs where he left off last year.

Powerful, athletic and good skills. You take him as a midfielder but he can float forward as an aerial threat or play as an intercept defender.

I should hea over to the draft board and catch up on the most recent thoughts actually..

He'll play the rest of the year plus finals - he's a Stringer type.

He'll play the rest of the year plus finals - he's a Stringer type.

Stringer is a big, solid unit. Just googled Curnow, looks a similar build I guess. Chris Dawes is also a solid unit but still plays like a ballerina.

Whilst googling, Rhys Mathieson pops up in a few photos too. Annoying facial (lack of) expression in every photo - he's got his own version of duck face going on.

You'd think that Toump and Trengove would be obvious Crows trade bait but unfortunately they've got next to no trade currency IMO. Picks 2 and 4 and we couldn't get a bag of chips for them! If only we could do a hand back and get Weitering and Francis...
They'd turn out exactly the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking the sound of Curnow. But think we also need to add pace in the middle. Is he quick?

Not quick enough to straighten out that ugly mop of frizzy hair.

Lynch's stats for today - 2 Goals/22 Disposals/5 Marks/2 Tackles. We will be a better team with him in the side. The quicker we get Dawes out and Lynch in, the better...

Went to the TAC Cup double header today - some interesting players.

Crocker from Oakleigh could bolt up with finals form.

Only stayed for a little of the 2nd game but Parish and Curnow both pretty impressive.

What position did Curnow play?

Does he look key position size for AFL level, or big mid?

Full forward - he's a big boy, genuine key position size I think now.

I'd say somewhere around 6'4-5 with a big frame and long limbs.

I only watched the first quarter but he had 3 1v1 marks inside 50, 2 goals 1 and a couple of snaps from ground play that didn't score.

Good set shot action and skills - he looked a litter worse athletically then I remembered from last year but he's been out for a long time with a leg injury, think his mobility may take a little longer to come back.

Parish really impressed - laid a really nice aggressive tackle on a bloke who would be 5-10 kg's heavier than him easily.

The phantom drafts (or whatever that thing that Terry Wallet does) still have Curnow at 191cm, not quite as tall as you'd like.

The phantom drafts (or whatever that thing that Terry Wallet does) still have Curnow at 191cm, not quite as tall as you'd like.

We won't get a current height till the combine I think - looks bigger then that, but may just be his frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back