Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow if true Richmond must not rate his character at all... but I guess that's already a given. This is going to be another Sylvia...

Sylvia is a different case, the spud played the system so well he fooled everyone.

Harley on the other hand will actually perform on the field, but the issue can we keep his off field discretions out of the public eyes?

In this draft easily worth the punt
When has another proven afl player (10 fyfelow votes in a crap team that could only just put 22 on the park) come for this cheap at age 23 (about to enter footy prime). From wa so will settle better.

A bit of a tool at times. And likes coke (more than half of afl players do). Was a PICK 2 in a "GOOD DRAFT" and is just what we require (other than kpf). He is seriously a match winner that is unstoppable on his day. RTB is gonna enjoy this turn around more than walters.

The only bad news is for fyfes brownlow hopes next year. Mundy hill sandi bennell neale all stealing votes off him

He probably couldnt be bothered as he has his mind set on freo (for last 2 weeks)

Mind you he probably was out having a big one with dusty ;-)

I only hope this is true.

Could Ross and Harley have created some smoke and mirrors for one of the greatest swindles of the modern era.

Ross 'Ok Harley, after all these discussions it's evident you want to play for Fremantle... does that make sense'

Harley 'Yeah'

Ross 'Here's the plan. Some other teams are going to show interest. Let them wine and dine you, but then piss them off in some way... I'm sure you have methods... does that make sense'

Harley 'Like get blitzed?'

Ross taps nose gives a cheeky wink.

Harley 'I could just miss a meeting?'

Ross 'No no, blitzed is great, but you could also miss a meeting... we could screw Gold Coast over, may even nab you for a 3rd rounder at that rate' evil laughter

Harley 'Yeah f@#$ em'

Ross eyes darting around the room just to make sure no one else is around

Suban walks in with Ross' daily cup of coffee and property market reports, places on table... walks out.

Harley has inquisitive look on his face.

Ross 'You didn't think he was simply playing because he was best 22 did you?'

Harley 'I was wondering'

Evil laughter continues

Could Ross and Harley have created some smoke and mirrors for one of the greatest swindles of the modern era.

Ross 'Ok Harley, after all these discussions it's evident you want to play for Fremantle... does that make sense'

Harley 'Yeah'

Ross 'Here's the plan. Some other teams are going to show interest. Let them wine and dine you, but then piss them off in some way... I'm sure you have methods... does that make sense'

Ross 'No no, blitzed is great, but you could also miss a meeting... we could screw Gold Coast over, may even nab you for a 3rd rounder at that rate' evil laughter

Harley 'Yeah f@#$ em'

Suban walks in with Ross' daily cup of coffee and property market reports, places on table... walks out.

Harley 'I was wondering'

Evil laughter continues
so messed up hahaha love it.

Sylvia is a different case, the spud played the system so well he fooled everyone.

Harley on the other hand will actually perform on the field, but the issue can we keep his off field discretions out of the public eyes?
My God, do people really still think like this?

I am more convinced than ever that you are an Eagles plant Banker :mad:

What?

Who cares what he does in his personal time, as long as he does he job. I'm sure they're countless doctors, lawyers etc.. on drugs/alcho, but because they don't have media scrutiny they get away with it.

Most players do crap but they are smart enough to keep it behind closed doors. If you think players are saints you are kidding yourself. We all hear the storys.

Some dont but no club wouldnt have at least 25% That enjoy a social event. Moderation is key and it should be an off season thing for the most part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most players do crap but they are smart enough to keep it behind closed doors. If you think players are saints you are kidding yourself. We all hear the storys.

Most players don't get dumped by their clubs for reasons completely unrelated to playing ability.

We're not talking about a bloke that has a few beers now and then here.

Will he become our Shaun Burgoine, or another Sylvia? Worth the punt. All it will cost is a few bucks and some embarrassment if we have to jettison him. Interesting times to be purple.

I think he will cause no embarrassment on field, its the off field stuff which worries us.

This could not have turned out any better. Our risk is now just $ and a list position, our transaction will essentially be worthless if draft as shallow as rumoured.

Which also gives us more currency for McCarthy.

Harley 'Yeah'

Harley 'Yeah f@#$ em'

Harley 'I was wondering'

Evil laughter continues
You missed the bit where Ross sits back in his armchair and strokes his fluffy white cat.

Harley 'Yeah'

Harley 'Yeah f@#$ em'

Harley 'I was wondering'

Evil laughter continues
You should write a play "The Boss". For some reason i imagine a mafia style gloomy room and RTB in pinstripes

What?

Who cares what he does in his personal time, as long as he does he job. I'm sure they're countless doctors, lawyers etc.. on drugs/alcho, but because they don't have media scrutiny they get away with it.
Yep, perhaps you could run that line of thinking through Mainy, Ben Cousins, Chad Fletcher, Daniel Kerr, Daniel Chick etc.

If you think the club has no duty of care you are dreaming. Why do you think companies drug test employees? Who cares what they do in their own time???

Confession first up, I have no idea where Bennell will end up. The picture of him at dinner with Martin I thought proved nothing. Christ players (David King for example) would have a great time over here on a free holiday paid for by Freo only to say at the end thanks but no thanks. Maybe Bennell had that attitude & his mind is set on us so he never had any intention of attending a medical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back