Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I hear both Ameet Bains and Andrew McKay say all they know is it is between us and the other team (also Paul Connors), then I don't care who you are... whether you be Barrett, Stevens, any in the know Carlton or Saints posters... the truth is Carlisle has either not made up his mind or if he has, he hasn't advised either club (or journo).

I really don't care if we recruit Carlisle, however it is almost a case I only want him because you want him. If no one else was interested in Carlisle, I would not give two shits if we get him or don't get him.

All I want is that if he does nominate us, we pick him up in the PSD. That's where I would be ecstatic only for the fact that Essendon get nothing for him

I know I will be hounded for this and I cannot stand the bloke [warning, skip past this post as it is referring to Lindsay Thomas], but maybe is for free, we could look at Lindsay Thomas. Unfortunately in less than 2 years, we have gone from an abundance of Small Forwards, to no small forwards. We need to improve our forward line pronto. Maybe the goals he always scores against us is confusing me, but he would be our best forward if we get him (sad state of affairs when this is the case).

If he is contracted then obviously we would have to give something for him, in which then I am not interested.

I know I will be hounded for this and I cannot stand the bloke [warning, skip past this post as it is referring to Lindsay Thomas], but maybe is for free, we could look at Lindsay Thomas. Unfortunately in less than 2 years, we have gone from an abundance of Small Forwards, to no small forwards. We need to improve our forward line pronto. Maybe the goals he always scores against us is confusing me, but he would be our best forward if we get him (sad state of affairs when this is the case).

If he is contracted then obviously we would have to give something for him, in which then I am not interested.
Would only be taking the opportunity of Clem, Menz and others. We will also bring Jed Lamb in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

upload_2015-10-6_15-25-38.jpeg

I don't see how it is. A contract is only between the parties - in this case the player and the club. Unless the contract specifically contains those kind of clauses, WADA can't impose their own terms on it from the outside.

In other cases, I suppose the club could argue that the player has effectively voided the contract by not being able to play...but not sure we could argue that given we know what he is facing.
Their contract is also with the AFL not just the club and therefore they have to abide by the laws of the AFL who are governed by WADA when it comes to banned substances. I know I've definitely heard that if you are banned you are not allowed to receive income from the sport you are banned from for the time you are banned. Otherwise what would be the deterrent if you could still collect your wage while sitting out for two years.

I don't agree the it's clear they can't get paid. However, the more immediately problem for the Bombers is how they deal with the salary cap in the event of suspensions.

We know they'll have to pay the top up players. So either they pay them and the suspended players and presumably go over the cap. Or they stop paying the suspended players and presumably get sued.

Under the WADA Code suspended sportspeople cannot be paid during their suspension.
10.12.4 Withholding of Financial Support during Ineligibility In addition, for any anti-doping rule violation not involving a reduced sanction as described in Article 10.4 or 10.5, some or all sport-related financial support or other sport-related benefits received by such Person will be withheld by Signatories, Signatories’ member organizations and governments.

Of course this does not mean suspended Bombers will not be able to sue Essendon for damages for its involvement in leading each suspended player to have become suspended. Those damages would include loss of income but would be wider than that.

Would only be taking the opportunity of Clem, Menz and others. We will also bring Jed Lamb in.
Clem is not a small forward. Not sure about his juniors but the year he was drafted, he was a small defender. Plus I don't hold hi hopes for Clem. I rate players within clean hands, which I don't believe he has.

In regards to Menz, he is not a small forward. He is a medium forward and will not be affected by any other small forward coming is.

Who else do we have? Ellard retired. Armfield in not a true small forward and most likely will not be at the club next year. Walker is not a true small forward. Bell was the only other player that could possibly play that role whilst resting and he won't be there (most likely). We are bare bones in that department.

In regards to Jed Lamb, don't know enough about him, however for a player so young to be given away by two clubs with nothing next to his name does not fill me with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back