Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just give us the official announcement already so we can celebrate.

Cosmo-Kramer-Laughing-in-Car-Seinfeld.gif

Just wondering as someone who has literally no idea about Perth how far Freo is from Mandurah and where the majority of the team lives?

Hopefully a relatively fair deal can be struck, but most importantly Harley can have a long and successful career and everyone can see the talent the man has for many years to come

As a GC supporter, how do you feel about Bennell as a player? Is the hype real?

As a GC supporter, how do you feel about Bennell as a player? Is the hype real?
He is a star. One of the most naturally gifted players I've seen in 35+ years of watching footy. More natural talent than Gaz. Will be sorely missed. No problems with his onfield or track work ethic, just needs to sort himself out off-field.

He is a star. One of the most naturally gifted players I've seen in 35+ years of watching footy. More natural talent than Gaz. Will be sorely missed. No problems with his onfield or track work ethic, just needs to sort himself out off-field.

Agree with all of this, it will be interesting to see what trade options are offered. Some talk on our board of Weller and next years first rounder? what are you guys thinking?

Agree with all of this, it will be interesting to see what trade options are offered. Some talk on our board of Weller and next years first rounder? what are you guys thinking?
We are thinking of our second round pick this season.

It isn't going to be pretty between our fan groups.

We are thinking of our second round pick this season.

It isn't going to be pretty between our fan groups.
Which is exactly why I'm not going to get involved here.

Which is exactly why I'm not going to get involved here.

Healthy debate is good though and most of us on the board love it.

I think he is worth a 1st rounder but not sure that he is worth a 1st rounder and Weller. Maybe a 1st rounder and Suban.

Can you give us any insight into his transgressions with your club? Were they a media beefup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healthy debate is good though and most of us on the board love it.

I think he is worth a 1st rounder but not sure that he is worth a 1st rounder and Weller. Maybe a 1st rounder and Suban.

Can you give us any insight into his transgressions with your club? Were they a media beefup?
There's a difference between healthy debate and how Collingwood/Brisbane troll each other after Beamslast year.

For the last question, are you asking me? Cause I'm 100% Freo.

There's a difference between healthy debate and how Collingwood/Brisbane troll each other after Beamslast year.

For the last question, are you asking me? Cause I'm 100% Freo.

I just finished a 12 hour shift so I'm tired and accidently quoted the wrong person. Sorry haha

Part 1 - page 82
Part 2 - page 99

Part 3

Ross 'Follow me Harley, I want you to see what it will take to be a Fremantle player'

Ross swaggers out of his room with Harley in tow

Fyfe 'Morning Ross! Lachie and I just thought we'd do some work on our quads'

Lachie 'I'm adding size every season, I'll catch Fyfey soon enough!'

Harley 'Don't you have a broken leg? Shouldn't you be resting?'

Fyfe 'I did rest... had a solid 8 hours sleep last night, plus it's a non weight baring bone, so a few squats won't hurt'

Harley stands still admiring the physique and dedication of our champion.

Suban appears bare chested, dripping with perspiration with a towel draped across his shoulder.

Suban 'You have to get that jump on the competition don't you boys?'

Lachie and Fyfe in unision 'Another sauna Subes?'

Fyfe 'When are you going to put in the hard yards? Come lift some weights, you need to break tackles, not flap about like a fish!'

Ross and Harley move away whilst Fyfe and Lachie giggle. Subes stands in the middle as all turn their back on him.

Subes to himself 'F@#$ I hate weights'.

Ross 'If you can see yourself with the level of dedication we aspire all to have... we could offer you a 3 year deal, nothing certain and please keep to yourself at this stage, but we want you to feel comfortable... plenty of water to go under the bridge first... does that make sense?'

Harley excuses himself and then enters the bathroom. He immediately pulls out his phone and messages his cousin 'YEAH BOIIIIIIII! Just been offered 3 years at Freo. Keep it secret Cuz. We'll catch up for a drink this arvo'. He exits...

Colin Young rubbing his hands together 'Here comes the champ'

Ross leads Harley and manager back into his office. Suban can be heard in the distance... 106, 107, 108. Harley turns to see Suban doing bicep curls with a 10kg dumbell...

Strange thing about his set shots was before the GF he hardly missed. It has to be a pressure/mindset thing. Hopefully he can work through it.
You try kicking a football on a slippery deck with a 50km/hr+ swirling wind. It was mostly due to the conditions that he missed those early shots on GF day, not pressure/mindset.

it would be better to know the extent of what actually went on. most of us would do weller plus first if it was a normal trade.

But it appears to be an abnormal situation

You try kicking a football on a slippery deck with a 50km/hr+ swirling wind. It was mostly due to the conditions that he missed those early shots on GF day, not pressure/mindset.

I think you misunderstood me... I'm saying that before that one game he was incredibly consistent. Since that game in shocking conditions he has been anything but with set shots. Which would indicate a mindset thing imo more than anything else.

Other than that.. If you are happy to convince Freo to let me play if happily try to kick from fifty in swirling breeze at the g. Not sure how I'd go though. Again... Think you misunderstood.

Depends if we want to create a relationship with GC for future trades. Unlike Essendon who are impossible to trade with, we might want to build some allies with some clubs

if we don't, we will shaft them.

GC are not in the position to get much considering the nature of his exit. He won't play there again. As such he is only a small step from being delisted. If the trade was value based on talent then we would be talking first with pick maybe more. As its value through circumstance then a second rounder I would have thought would be incredibly fair from us. Not because on talent he isn't worth more but simply because they've all but sacked him. Hard to then start spruiking his worth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back