Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachie Henderson has gotta be the best of the attainable key forwards. Only 25. Would ontrade Melksham
pick for him if Geelong have gone cold. Draft a young key forward to take Henderson's spot in 2-3 years.

Do it Bombers.

Would be a good stop gap for 3-5 years, you'd think, and is a decent forward.

Just not being tag teamed by the best 2 defenders, would be great.
McCarthy could end up benefiting from it and kicking more goals than Daniher.
It's win/win.

Do you realise that McCarthy's form fell off in the second half of 2015 and he spent time in the NEAFL.

But if a club is silly enough to pay 700K.

Do you realise that McCarthy's form fell off in the second half of 2015 and he spent time in the NEAFL.

But if a club is silly enough to pay 700K.

Oh no, inconsistency from a young player :rolleyes:
He missed 3 games for the year.
He's 20 years old and kicked 35 goals, that's 9 less than the rising star, Jesse Hogan and is 1 more than Joe Daniher kicked.
Dude is a gun.

Last edited:

I want Francis before McCarthy, just think Francis is going to be a pretty special type of player, he just brushes tackles aside like Martin.
1 on 1 he nearly always wins.

I would even trade pick 5 (if we get it) & pick 25(Melkshams) for pick 3 to make sure we get Francis and Parish.

2 guns in 1 draft is huge.

Are you guys seriously doing this to me? McCarthy? I didn't even consider it. Now I'll be disappointed if we don't get him despite never being in the race for him. Thanks for emotionally toying with me.

You know, I wonder what these sources are. Is the 'sources' on bigfooty truly just a mate talking crap?

Well now that the idea is in my head, we do have more to give than Fremantle does.

Plus, we seem to have a very good relationship with GWS, especially when it comes to trading. And of course McCarthy is exactly what we need.

Now, how will you convince a kid like McCarthy, who i$ a home $ick Fremantle $upporter from all report$, to come to E$$endon? Hmmm. Que$tion$ mu$t be a$ked

I want Francis before McCarthy, just think Francis is going to be a pretty special type of player, he just brushes tackles aside like Martin.
1 on 1 he nearly always wins.

I would even trade pick 5 (if we get it) & pick 25(Melkshams) for pick 3 to make sure we get Francis and Parish.

2 guns in 1 draft is huge.

I knew Francis was a smart footballer but I didnt realise he was so athletically gifted as well. hes fast and super super agile, could break the official agility record. He has beaten it previously.

Can someone explain why a player like Aish does not become a de-listed free agent if Brisbane refuse to trade him to "send him into the draft"?

Is there something between a de-listing and not re-signing that means a player goes into the draft? Wasn't there a point that de-listed players became free agents?

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the someone like Aish does not become a de-listed free agent if Brisbane refuse to trade him to "send him into the draft"?

Is there something between a de-listing and not re-signing that means a player goes into the draft. Wasn't there a point that de-listed players became free agents?

I think it is because technically he is not de listed by the club as the club wants him to stay.

Can someone explain why the someone like Aish does not become a de-listed free agent if Brisbane refuse to trade him to "send him into the draft"?

Is there something between a de-listing and not re-signing that means a player goes into the draft. Wasn't there a point that de-listed players became free agents?

I certainly don't have an answer but could it be something to do with years spent on an AFL list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis and Parish would be awesome, though I think one of them will be taken by Gold Coast.

Any other option for Gold Coast to take?

Anyone know much about Blake Hardwick? Around what pick would he go for?

Kicking 12 goals in a game and about 45 in 11 games is pretty impressive

EDIT: Is expected to go around the 40s range and is a medium forward. Kicked 45.16, which is extremely accurate. Don't know much about him, but looks like it is worth a try considering that Woosha is after increasing our scoring power.

Last edited:
Anyone know much about Blake Hardwick? Around what pick would he go for?

Kicking 12 goals in a game and about 45 in 11 games is pretty impressive

From what I've been told on here is a medium fwd in the medhurst mould. Medium lead up, strong in the air, good on the ground. Hard match up. Bags of 12 10 9 7 this year I think on the way to the leading goal kicker.

I want him.

From what I've been told on here is a medium fwd in the medhurst mould. Medium lead up, strong in the air, good on the ground. Hard match up. Bags of 12 10 9 7 this year I think on the way to the leading goal kicker.

I want him.
Height 181cm. Weight 78kgs. Seems like he is almost ready to play at AFL ready with one preseason. Definitely interested.

If we can get Parish, Francis, Brown, Coghlan, Lueunberger and perhaps someone like Lovell, then that would be an amazing off season.
This is exactly what I want. If we miss Lovell I'd like Aidyn Johnson. Would love Bennell and Mcarthy but neither have any real chance of happening

This is very interesting. I am not sure that the Lions can really do what has been threatened.

It's one thing to not be able to get a deal done but, to me, is something entirely different to refuse to deal. In that scenario it's only fair that the Lions de-list.
Have they refused to deal? I thought an offer was on the table? They are just refusing to trade aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back