Roast AFL media - trade rumour tracker

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought as our season winds down and thoughts turn towards the offseason movements it would be fun to track which media personality, Big Footy poster (only the ones who take themselves too seriously), twitter account and so on has the worst mail when it comes to player/pick trades.

The trade period is like catnip for the media; it seems to get more media engagement than the actual footy and all the media outlets are right there to soak up all the clicks and ad views. This desperation for content most definitely leads to a quantity over quality situation and there's always plenty of predictions that seem pretty suspect.

If you come across any predictions of player movements in the media post them here. Screenshots are ideal because an embarrassingly wrong article or social media post can be quietly deleted. For interviews and radio/tv segments if possible get some footage/audio, but failing that a quick summary is fine.

What I envisage is a spreadsheet with columns for Media Personality, Player/Pick being traded, Destination (club/s, state or 'Anywhere'), Exchanged For, and Outcome (Correct/Incorrect/Partial Credit). Lore loves spreadsheets so they've been volunteered to keep that side of things up to date.

By draft night hopefully we'll be able to rank them all by how rank their predictions were.

Opposition posters are more than welcome as long as y'all stick to the spirit of the thread which is mostly just making fun of the shitty AFL media landscape.

I thought as our season winds down and thoughts turn towards the offseason movements it would be fun to track which media personality, Big Footy poster (only the ones who take themselves too seriously), twitter account and so on has the worst mail when it comes to player/pick trades.

The trade period is like catnip for the media; it seems to get more media engagement than the actual footy and all the media outlets are right there to soak up all the clicks and ad views. This desperation for content most definitely leads to a quantity over quality situation and there's always plenty of predictions that seem pretty suspect.

If you come across any predictions of player movements in the media post them here. Screenshots are ideal because an embarrassingly wrong article or social media post can be quietly deleted. For interviews and radio/tv segments if possible get some footage/audio, but failing that a quick summary is fine.

What I envisage is a spreadsheet with columns for Media Personality, Player/Pick being traded, Destination (club/s, state or 'Anywhere'), Exchanged For, and Outcome (Correct/Incorrect/Partial Credit). Lore loves spreadsheets so they've been volunteered to keep that side of things up to date.

By draft night hopefully we'll be able to rank them all by how rank their predictions were.

Opposition posters are more than welcome as long as y'all stick to the spirit of the thread which is mostly just making fun of the shitty AFL media landscape.
There's usually an identical thread on the trade board, complete with one of Lore's spreadsheets, and I've handed the responsibility for it to other mods because I don't have time to keep on top of every rumour

Don't these kinds of journos come to Big Footy for their mail? Oh what a conundrum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back