Virginia Shooting on Live News Broadcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Adding more conditions won't change a thing, if they can't buy it legally, they'll just buy it on the black market, which does exist, especially in the cities with stringesnt gun laws, such as Chicago and New York. Those two cities are highest for gun crime too, despite these laws. Hell, here in Australia, the crims don't seem to find it very hard to buy firearms not available to licensed people. An Ozpost worker was getting Glocks sent into Australia through the mail....

you realise the idea of restrictions is not stop all crime its supposed to reduce it?
FFS this tired stupid argument that unless something is 100% effective just forget about it.

the fact is violent crimes involving guns in the US is far to ******* high. they have a problem and like alcoholics the refuse to take ownership of that problem. your "stringent" gun laws in Chicago are a prime example of their not being any real gun laws.

lets have a look at their laws shall we:
waiting period 72 hours for handguns 12 hours for long arms
concealed weapon permit: yes you can legal carry a gun around on you
firearm registration: no, you do not have to register your firearm
pre exemption for arms purchased prior to 2013: yes
assault weapon laws: no
magazine size restrictions: no

then there's all the loop holes around the sale and application of the arms.
BTW do you know what the time frame of the information surrounding a licence is in Chicago?
180 days, you make your purchase 3 days later you get your gun and you may not even be denied a FIOD for up to 180 days.

i can go into the joke that is the selling laws, that fact that out of towners can freely bring in fresh arms without licences and sell them without any background checks. etc, etc. and this is where the biggest problem lies, the fact you can get around Chicago's gun laws simply by purchasing the gun out of state there is no gun registration laws in Chicago the licences are to own and carry guns purchased in Illinois. but 2009-2013 60% of guns recovered in crimes in Chicago were purchased outside of Illinois.

and this is the issue, to get around gun americas most stringent gun laws you need only hop in your car and go for drive.
or you can buy one on ebay from a private seller. This does not make effective laws.

the simple fact remains every country that's enacted common sense gun laws has seen a corresponding drop in gun deaths.
suicide rates have also dropped and most of all random attacks such as massacres have dropped.

the US has the highest murder rate per capita of any developed country.
they have an insane amount of massacres.
and they just so happen to have the largest number of firearms per capita of any developed country.

BTW Illinois doesn't even make the top 20 twenty states when it comes to gun deaths:

D.C 24.5
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alaska
Alabama
Nevada
Arizona
Arkansas
New Mexico
Tennessee
West Virginia
Montana
Wyoming
Kentucky
South Carolina
Oklahoma
Georgia
Missouri
Idaho
Florida 12.4

in case your wondering: illinios is 8.2 and new york is just 4.4
So either there a massive amount of s**t shots in those states or like always the gun nuts cherry pick statistics and lie to you.

Last edited:

A bit like the anti gun groups cherry picking stats? Oh...

i'm not sure you understand what the word cherry picking means?

the claim by those who want to see common sense gun laws in the states is that it reduces deaths from firearms.
you've claimed this is a lie, i provided the actual stastics which clearly corroborates the position of those that you refer to as "the anti gun lobby".
cherry picking would mean i'd have to leave out certain states in order to get what i'm after or erroneously report the number of shootings with factoring a standard per capita bases to arrive at the statistic (like you did trying to compare low populated rural communities to large over populated cities with entrenched poverty and racial tensions)

BTW another random shooting happened a few hours ago some nutter was taking shots at motorists, http://www.ksat.com/news/report-active-shooter-targeting-vehicles-on-west-side cops still looking for the gunman, locals are advised to use caution and be aware that there's an "active shooter" on the loose.

thats a thing in the states now, an "active shooter" warning broadcast over the local radio to let everyone know a nutters picking people off. kind of like our bushfire alert system, But for maniacs with guns.

1133cbCOMIC-first-they-came-to-register.jpg

whats sad is you wonder into the wrong part of reddit and you find that there more then a few yanks opposed to drivers licences and car rego they claim its unconstitutional and taking away their rights.
There is actually nothing at all stopping you from having a car that is not registered, and driving it without a driver's licence. All you have to do is keep it and drive it on your own property.

There is actually nothing at all stopping you from having a car that is not registered, and driving it without a driver's licence. All you have to do is keep it and drive it on your own property.

only on my own property? whats next FEMA CAMPS?

You can have my car when you pry the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.

So where's the thread and the outrageous outrage from people over the guy in Sweden who went on a rampage with a sword?

BAN SWORDS. PEOPLE DON'T KILL PEOPLE, SWORDS DO!!!

Why do people need sharp objects anyway? Ban all forms of knives and swords, they are dangerous.
People who need knives, and not everyone does rightttt, will need to get licensed, and store their knives and sharp objects in a secured cabinet that can't be easily moved and is locked.
They should also be subject to random inspections by police.

We need a Sharp Objects Enforcement Branch similar to the Firearms Branch of police forces.

This is outrageous.
What sort of society are we living in where sharp objects are so easily and readily available to any mad man with the intent to cause harm to others!!!

oh my god you have a point.............................. except swords are a prohibited/restricted weapon in most australian states, meaning you need a genuine reason to own one. (just like a gun) you're caught with one without a related licence you'll get a fine and the weapon taken. (just like with a gun)

you're not very good at this :(

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back