Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here goes
Carlisle Dangerfield Leuenberger Treloar Aish Yarran Henderson Freeman Martin Dixon Bennell Bell Lobbe Lycett Lennon Kennedy Smith Selwood Seedsman Hickey Casboult.
There are probably a few more but these are guys that i can think of off the top of my head that haven't shown any inclination to want come to us.
There are at least 10 players that would make our team better, they have been linked to multiple teams but not to us, I find that concerning.
It's a two way street dude. We have to want or rate them more than other teams.
Carlisle wanted crazy money, we didn't want to give him crazy money.
Danger wanted Geelong, we're not Geelong.
The rest are either not good enough to get a game in our team, injury prone, not leaving their current side or junkies.

And once again trade week hasn't even started.

Henderson = rejected us last year.

I dare say he would think a little differently now. If he wants to play in defence, I'd make him a priority.

Surely Geelong can't get all of S Selwood, Danger, Henderson & Z Smith who at one point or another have said that's where they want to go. I'd lol if they got Smith, they are so stocked with ruck talls as it is.

If we somehow can get Henderson & Martin, boy oh boy wowee would we rustle some jimmies next season

Multiple (hip, shoulder and foot I believe) - hasn't played seniors since 2013.

I don't particularly want him - just heard from someone involved at North it was likely
Harper is also mates with Biggs apparently, which is a motivation for him. Injuries have destroyed much of the confidence he has in his body. If he's not traded or delisted, he probably only be rookied.

I reckon a 2nd rounder (Pick 30) is too much but I don't think a 3rd rounder (Pick 48) would be enough.

Maybe your Pick 30 for Andrew Moore and Pick 47?
Moore's a chance to get delisted. Lucky to remain in the system at all IMO.

Pick 30 is way too high. We only want 3 picks this year, so I'd be shocked if we gave up 30 for a depth guy like Moore.

Averages 12 touches a game at VFL level. Yikes.
Foot, ankle and hip problems has meant that he had the turning circle of the QE2 early in the season. His second half of the year as an inside mid saw his stats rise, but he's never been a big ball winner.

Slept on the suckling thing. I'm just not that down with it. Im a real Biggs fan, and with wood, JJ and Webb, I just don't really feel it.

Nice player though, and wont kill me if it happens, but just not rooting for it.

The Clinton young and Malceski precedents scare me a bit as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slept on the suckling thing. I'm just not that down with it. Im a real Biggs fan, and with wood, JJ and Webb, I just don't really feel it.

Nice player though, and wont kill me if it happens, but just not rooting for it.

I'm with you mate
Not the end of the world if we get him but would like to think our priorities are elsewhere

Reckon if we got him he'd spend most of his time on the wing delivering inside 50 with those guys all off half back. Then when Boyd and Bob retire he can go down back and add a bit of experience while Webb should be ready and can take his spot on the wing. I dont mind it but the price has to be right.

The big one there for me is Webb. Suckling's point of difference is his kicking, but Webb is a beautiful kick.

Is Suckling straight out taking his spot?

Can see arguments for and against Suckling, either way I'm a bit meh.

I would be against if he was costing us a trade, but as a free agent, it's hard to argue that the risk is too great.

One or a couple of those might end up as a future midfielder; Suckling might end up playing as a f/t midfielder
and obviously they didn't work out, but we also recently lost Fuller & Pearce
so we just might have some concerns about our rebounding defender depth (note how we struggled when two of JJ/Murphy/Biggs didn't play)

I understand your concern with Malceski & Young putting in poor performances, but sometimes them's the breaks
Suckling might also turn out to be a crucial piece of the puzzle in order to improve in 2016

The issue I have with someone like Suckling is that he has already 'climbed the mountain' and just may not have the motivation to start it all over again at another club. Of course he could be handy, but would he be hungry enough to make a big impact?
Webb could be the player to play an almost identical role to Suckling.

The issue I have with someone like Suckling is that he has already 'climbed the mountain' and just may not have the motivation to start it all over again at another club. Of course he could be handy, but would he be hungry enough to make a big impact?
Webb could be the player to play an almost identical role to Suckling.
but no-one can say for certain when Webb will be ready to consistently play week to week, it may take a couple of seasons yet
by which time, Boyd & Murphy may of retired

I'd also disagree with Suckling & Webb been too alike of players (which also isn't necessarily a bad thing)

but no-one can say for certain when Webb will be ready to consistently play week to week, it may take a couple of seasons yet
by which time, Boyd & Murphy may of retired

I'd also disagree with Suckling & Webb been too alike of players (which also isn't necessarily a bad thing)
Fair enough, but my main point was about his level of motivation.

Suckling played in the 2012, 2014 and 2015 GF teams but missed 2013 with injury (sic). The opinion of a few die hard hawks supporters is that his kicking has stagnated a bit, but his decision making is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back