Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a *en joke, first penalty was blatantly a dive.

We simply don't travel well as team, these sort of performances are not uncommon. Also why is Mooy in the team? He's honestly given up the ball so many times, I don't rate him in the slightest.

The bloke who was stretchered off is now walking behind the goal celebrating. Shambles.

The penalty was a clear pen. However it was also a clear foul on Davidson.

Davidson been thoroughly beaten tonight.

Honestly most of the Arab nations are dirty in the way they play, you wouldn't see this sort of time wasting from the Aussies and the East Asian nations. They dive, complain about every call and have a go at each other for messing up constantly. I noticed it last qualifying campaign and all throughout the Asian Cup.

When the alternative is beating the Solomon Islands 20-0 and then not making the World Cup, i'll happily settle for frustrating games in the middle east
I honestly can't remember the last high quality Socceroos international I have seen in that region though. Bad Pitches and questionable refereeing at times. Qatar 2022 is going to be a shambles

When the alternative is beating the Solomon Islands 20-0 and then not making the World Cup, i'll happily settle for frustrating games in the middle east
I honestly can't remember the last high quality Socceroos international I have seen in that region though. Bad Pitches and questionable refereeing at times. Qatar 2022 is going to be a shambles

Understand the pitch was poor but we had a number of guys out there who were really poor. Especially our full backs. They were shredded.

I truly believe that Spira isn't up to it at this level either. I think he should've seen red once that foul is called.

Federici lacked intensity when coming out for the second goal.

Elrich gave the ball away all night.

Davidson constantly caught in possession and was made look silly quite a few times.

Leckie, Oar, Luongo also invisible for a lot of the game. The former and the latter will be ok though. Oar however, isn't good enough.

Still, we should be ok to get out of this stage - just frustrating viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a ****en joke, first penalty was blatantly a dive.

We simply don't travel well as team, these sort of performances are not uncommon. Also why is Mooy in the team? He's honestly given up the ball so many times, I don't rate him in the slightest.
Whenever a penalty is awarded and tne guy who has just won it runs over and does a celebration it should be instantly stripped

Still filthy at that effort last night. Really poor effort, too many guys simply not up to it. Thankfully it only delays our progression but wouldnt want to put up displays like that in the next round

Hopefully thats a good learning experience for the young squad but it was pretty poor. Disgraceful display by Jordan but did anyone expect anything different really ?? Its what turns off a great deal of people to this game here, but it'll never change.

Onwards and upwards.

We need strikers, we started with Leckie up front (should be on the wing). We can't keep on relying on Cahil to kick our goals. Guys like Juric and Troisi should be starting up front. What's happened to Taggart as well?

Mooy, Wright and Ehlirich are also not national team standard.

Honestly most of the Arab nations are dirty in the way they play, you wouldn't see this sort of time wasting from the Aussies and the East Asian nations. They dive, complain about every call and have a go at each other for messing up constantly. I noticed it last qualifying campaign and all throughout the Asian Cup.

east asian teams do it too im sure (diving and time wasting).

look if we did it more, if say cahill dived and won a penalty that won us an important game, i would close my eyes and say nah nah nah nah not listening to those (opposition supporters) bagging us/cahill. but because a non aussie did it, i call them cheats.

We need strikers, we started with Leckie up front (should be on the wing). We can't keep on relying on Cahil to kick our goals. Guys like Juric and Troisi should be starting up front. What's happened to Taggart as well?

Mooy, Wright and Ehlirich are also not national team standard.
If Mooy isn't as good as Rogic and Luongo then he's not far off. He's comfortably the best passer in the Australian squad, he just occasionally tries to play difficult passes when he should be playing a little simpler because he is that good.

Whether Rogic, Luongo and Mooy can all play in the same team is a different story however. They all take up similar positions and it can leave us defensively light in midfield because they're all creative, attacking players. I know we were chasing the game but we went with 3 at the back towards the end so I wonder if that's something Ange has been working with in training or if he just made that change to try to get goals. It would definitely allow us to play that extra attacking player in midfield.

Jordan extended their lead at the top to 4 points with a win over Tajikistan.

We have a game in hand (they've played 5 to our 4) but basically means we've got minimal room for error now. We've got 4 games to try and get back on top (including 1 against Jordan at home) and failing that, to ensure we finish amongst the top 4 runners up to make it into the next round.

No one told me Barca were playing in the Asian Qualifying games:

If this is what Thailand can bring, then I can't wait for some quality Thai players to come Leicester way (We've got an academy of them, currently at the U17 level).

So far, Bhutan, Cambodia, Yemen, and of course India are all eliminated from the World Cup. To show how much the national team means to the Indian Football Board, there was an ISL game at the same time India lost 3-0 to Oman. The contrast between the domestic and international game out there is so skewed one wonders if the future of Indian Football has anything to do with Indians at all.

Hey NUFC Tiger , The Azkuls are still 3rd, 2 points behind Uzbekistan, but it was a disappointing result against Bahrain after a draw with North Kora (I know Bahrain is usually one of the better sides, but still. Mind you, you guys did get a tough group.)

No one told me Barca were playing in the Asian Qualifying games:

If this is what Thailand can bring, then I can't wait for some quality Thai players to come Leicester way (We've got an academy of them, currently at the U17 level).

So far, Bhutan, Cambodia, Yemen, and of course India are all eliminated from the World Cup. To show how much the national team means to the Indian Football Board, there was an ISL game at the same time India lost 3-0 to Oman. The contrast between the domestic and international game out there is so skewed one wonders if the future of Indian Football has anything to do with Indians at all.

Hey NUFC Tiger , The Azkuls are still 3rd, 2 points behind Uzbekistan, but it was a disappointing result against Bahrain after a draw with North Kora (I know Bahrain is usually one of the better sides, but still. Mind you, you guys did get a tough group.)

Yeah they had a disappointing 2-0 loss to Bahrain which puts a big dent in their chances but still got a few games to try and get through.

Before that about a week ago they played in North Korea (first time a Filipino team has played in the country) and managed to hold on for a draw - first time North Korea hasn't won at home I think? If not, still looking a chance to make the Asian Cup qualifiers which would be massive.

Either way, a lot of media in the Philippines are lauding it as one the biggest results for the Azkals in their history.

Believe it or not, there were also 7 dedicated (maybe mad is a better word) fans who followed the team and watched the match in Pyongyang - they may have been slightly outnumbered by the 50,000+ home crowd. :D
azkals-north-korea-cedelf-tupaz1.jpg

Yeah they had a disappointing 2-0 loss to Bahrain which puts a big dent in their chances but still got a few games to try and get through.

Before that about a week ago they played in North Korea (first time a Filipino team has played in the country) and managed to hold on for a draw - first time North Korea hasn't won at home I think? If not, still looking a chance to make the Asian Cup qualifiers which would be massive.

Either way, a lot of media in the Philippines are lauding it as one the biggest results for the Azkals in their history.

Believe it or not, there were also 7 dedicated (maybe mad is a better word) fans who followed the team and watched the match in Pyongyang - they may have been slightly outnumbered by the 50,000+ home crowd. :D
azkals-north-korea-cedelf-tupaz1.jpg

Ah, good old North Korean 'pride.' Hopefully they didn't constantly jeer through out the game like they do with Japan, lol.

I think I can see where the 7 fans are in that pic, lol. But I tell you one thing, it would make for one heck of an experience, I know a thing or two about that.

But I'm surprised by that. The Azkals were starting to get Stronger, and North Korea's ranking really does defy its actual ability (Definitely Top 10, could be Top 5 on their day) I'm actually surprised to learn that the two countries have only met twice, with the 2nd one being the game played just then.

Certainly was a good result, but you guys are going to need to pick up the pace for the next round.

Oh by the way, if you're doing Ultimate Team: http://www.futhead.com/16/players/16072/neil-etheridge/

Fillipino In-Form! Your number 1 keeper if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back