Which team is closer to a premiership - Richmond, GWS or Collingwood?

Which team has the better list

• Richmond

Votes: 164 36.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 128 28.3%
  • GWS

Votes: 161 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We've actually won a flag kicking it to Cloke before. And he didn't even break the 50 goal mark that year either.

Next.

As I recall Collingwood 2010 team was pretty much unstoppable that year, gameplan was intense and the sheer amount of ball entering into the forward line meant at some point the duo of Dawes/Cloke was going to bag a few goals.

I think he had a reasonable year. He had to play out of position (FF, not CHF) and try and hold our forward line together alone. Though that's where Moore and Howe will help ease the burden.

He wasn't elite in 2010 yet we shat in the H/A season that year and walked away with a flag with Cloke kicking 2 goals in the replay. You simply don't understand that his worth to us isn't measured in goals. If he returns to CHF with ample support, which he should do next year, he and the team will be better for it.

Yeah I'm sure he's great to have around the club and tells good jokes etc, but Pies are soooo predictable. The bloke is cooked. I hope he plays for ages.

As I recall Collingwood 2010 team was pretty much unstoppable that year, gameplan was intense and the sheer amount of ball entering into the forward line meant at some point the duo of Dawes/Cloke was going to bag a few goals.

We won a flag and almost went back to back with Cloke and Dawes as KPFs.

Cloke is the least of our worries. He will benefit from a stronger midfield, better delivery and Moore/Elliot improving + Howe.

Yeah I'm sure he's great to have around the club and tells good jokes etc, but Pies are soooo predictable. The bloke is cooked. I hope he plays for ages.

He's great to have around the club because he knows what it takes to win finals and premierships because he's done it before.

Move on troll.

He's great to have around the club because he knows what it takes to win finals and premierships because he's done it before.

Move on troll.

91 points was a bit of a reality check, eh. Lack of effort from your mob was the disturbing thing. Couldn't care less

Hey, at your best you're a competitive side

Yes they have.

Reid at his best is AA, ie similar quality to Rance, yet he only played 5 games in 2015...the hope is we get a full year from Reid and we will see a big improvement to our defence.

Imagine what Richmond would be like if Rance only plays 5 games in 2016.

pie improvement won't come from Pendles, Swan and Sidebottom, although he missed more games than Deledio, it will come from adding Treloar and Aish to the team, plus hopefully Reid, and Greenwood who only played a handful of games in 2015, and improvement from guys like Adams, Grundy, Elliott, Langdon, Williams, Moore, DeGoey, Crisp, Marsh and Broomhead.

Actually if the Pies get as good a run with injury as Richmond did in 2015 we would be over the moon...and bounce up the ladder.
So Collingwood are going to get improvement from a bunch of kids but apparently Richmond aren't going to have youngsters improve. We've got Ellis Menadue Lennon(9 games in 2 seasons) Drummond Vlastuin McIntosh McBean among others to come into the side or take greater roles in the side.

Richmond's chances of a premiership approach zero without Maric or another decent ruckman. Your selection panel wouldn't be caught dead naming Vickery as main or only ruck.
Beg to differ, Maric isn't the be all and end all when it comes to our premiership chances. In fact you'll find many a Richmond fan already realises that Maric needs to be replaced for us to take the next step because he isn't as competitive as he used to be. Hampson will no doubt get a crack at the ruck, but Vickery was drafted as a ruck forward and plays his best footy when up the ground involved in games. Rotating him with Griffiths gives us 2 200cm mobile goal kicking ruck/forwards who while they won't win 30-40 hitouts a game can do damage around the ground and when resting forward.

BTW I noticed in your side I quoted, Grundy is the only ruckman in the side with support from Moore, way to ruin 2 kids futures by putting them up against bigger bodies week after week. Vickery & Griffiths have a good 5-8 years in the system and are developed and shown they are capable of playing in the ruck.

Injuries are just luck, we were fit in 2010 and won a flag, Richmond get a clean run of health and can't make it past wk1 of the finals

Yes Reid is fragile, stats are that if he plays 20 games we make finals...having a fit Reid down back would be enough to turn a couple of our close losses into wins.

I also Completely forgot about Macaffer, another bloke returning from an ACL, perhaps we can get him primed for Cotchin again
Give me a spell, we had 6/7 players not get on the park for the year and that was on top of your 1/2 week injuries and missing Deledio early doors for 4/5 weeks and Edwards late for 5 weeks and yet we still won 15 games and finished 5th.

So our players have peaked, but for some miraculous reason Collingwood players all have improvement left in them? 

Reid will strengthen your team no doubt, will he instantly solve all your backline problems and make you a finalists side? Doubt it.

And all the other kids you rattled off, they're all talented kids, but to expect them to simply just have linear improvement without any down spots is to big a task to ask of them, in any case, I can rattle off some of our talented kids sitting aside in the VFL waiting for there turn, but, as is the theme in this thread, they'll simply just get brushed aside as duds and all Collingwood kids hailed as the next champions.
All Richmond's guns have peaked, you expect Rance and Martin and Maric to have a bigger impact in 2016 than they did in 2015? They will maintain their level and hopefully not struggle with injury.

Exactly the same as guys like Swan, Pendles, N.Brown, Varcoe etc for us, they won't improve us.

Cloke had a sh1t season, is that the new normal or will he return to a 50-60 goal forward??

Reid and Greenwood will also be like new recruits in 2016.

The Collingwood guys like Elliott won our goal kicking, Adams and Crisp were top 5 in the BnF, they are young guys playing vital roles in our team...not random names of guys playing VFL.

They're competitive, the Pies.
But they're no threat to a contender.

One-paced, poor KPPs & cooked come July.

Haven't thought about them for a fair while, actually. Bigger fish to fry

You seem to think about them daily, seeing you are always posting about them

Also, Pies have really burned some first rounders.

Kennedy, Freeman, Scharenberg (poor kid, but he was a risk).

2 kids unable to develop onfield for another year due to drugs.

That comes at a price.

91 points was a bit of a reality check, eh. Lack of effort from your mob was the disturbing thing. Couldn't care less

Hey, at your best you're a competitive side

Haha. At your best you're not competitive in finals.

Am I doing this right?

All Richmond's guns have peaked, you expect Rance and Martin and Maric to have a bigger impact in 2016 than they did in 2015? They will maintain their level and hopefully not struggle with injury.

Exactly the same as guys like Swan, Pendles, N.Brown, Varcoe etc for us, they won't improve us.

Cloke had a sh1t season, is that the new normal or will he return to a 50-60 goal forward??

The Collingwood guys like Elliott won our goal kicking, Adams and Crisp were top 5 in the BnF, they are young guys playing vital roles in our team...not random names of guys playing VFL.

Martin has improved every year of his career. He's 24. So yeah I think he'll go up again. Ivvy will continue to be the 5th-8th best ruck in the competition. Never stopped McEvoy...

Greenwood has had 1 good year in his life & cashed out. Good luck to him.

You have some good players. But flag type in coming years? Nahhhh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries are just luck, we were fit in 2010 and won a flag, Richmond get a clean run of health and can't make it past wk1 of the finals

Yes Reid is fragile, stats are that if he plays 20 games we make finals...having a fit Reid down back would be enough to turn a couple of our close losses into wins.

I also Completely forgot about Macaffer, another bloke returning from an ACL, perhaps we can get him primed for Cotchin again

Yeah luck, not good management, or drafting players that don't have a poor history with injuries?

Wheres this fallacy come from that we had an injury free season?

Dylan Grimes and Deledio both missed 5 games throughout the year.
Edwards, Griffiths and Vickery all missed large chunks of the season.
Conca who is in our best 22 only managed 3 games.
Corey Ellis was getting games before going down with injury.

Give me a spell, we had 6/7 players not get on the park for the year and that was on top of your 1/2 week injuries and missing Deledio early doors for 4/5 weeks and Edwards late for 5 weeks and yet we still won 15 games and finished 5th.
Who were the 6/7 players??

Yeah Lids missed 4, Sidey missed 6 for us early.

It looks as though Edwards and Lids were the only to notable injuries you guys copped. You had 14 blokes play 22 or more games for fecks sake.

l0l yes, our guns like Cotchin, Martin, B Ellis, Miles, Rance, Riewoldt etc have all peaked and will struggle to find any improvement in them. :D

Your one eyed approach to assessing your list v ours really is something of beauty, Buckley and co really do have that propaganda machine in over-drive. :):thumbsu::footy:

Like the trend of Collingwood taggers ruining your captain?

Oooh. Does google go back that far?

91. I can still remember the "Retire, Trav" calls from the Pies behind me. Fickle bunch.

As for Macaffer, pity about him breaking again. But I'd be more sympathetic to a bloke with an ounce of talent. Karma.

Oooh. Does google go back that far?

91. I can still remember the "Retire, Trav" calls from the Pies behind me. Fickle bunch.

As for Macaffer, pity about him breaking again. But I'd be more sympathetic to a bloke with an ounce of talent. Karma.

Maybe it's the trend of failed finals performances that's irked you to the point of potting injured players.

Macaffer's fit and raring to give it to Trent again come Round 2. Even if he breaks down there's always his premiership medal there to console him.

The biggest threat Collingwood pose to us is their ongoing solicitation of Vickery

His price certainly went up after reaming them last time. Handy player. Would be their best forward by a mile

Back