The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Radar's voice doesn't annoy me.
More the way in which he projects his views annoy me.

He looked so out of place on BTG.

Not the best, not the worst but needs to be a special guest and not a host.
The way he asks questions of guests annoys me. Not to level of Dermott, but not that far away either.

I just wish guests would have the nerve to say to Dermie or Maher, 'Sorry, you've lost me, what was the question?'

darren lehmann did say that once. i remember where i was when it happened. turned off into a side st off ferntree gully rd mulgrave, heading north towards waverley rd.

derm asked a typical long winded question. lehmann replies "gees, pretty long question...um.."

I just wish guests would have the nerve to say to Dermie or Maher, 'Sorry, you've lost me, what was the question?'
He was asking Peter Senior a question this morning and he took so long I forgot what he was asking. Must love the sound of his own voice.

If Andy Maher was interviewing recently won Newcombe Medalist Sam Groth:

"It was a big night in Crown last night where, in a sold-out Palladium Room, Victorian Sam Groth was the winner of the 2015 Newcombe Medal in an outstanding performance and Sam's been good enough to join us so Sammy, first of all, congratulations on the medal."

(Waits for Sam Groth to acknowledge the pleasantries and replies with thank you to the 2 Andy's and asking them how they're going.)

"We're good mate now, first of all, the Newcombe Medal is becoming a prestigious medal where the finest of Australian Tennis are gathered and only the best can win and you were a very worthy winner.

It was an outstanding performance from you mate but what I'm wanting to ask is, were you expecting to win the medal?

I mean, there were talks this year about the behaviour of Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios and whether or not their behaviour would impact on their chances of winning the Newcombe Medal.

There were also talks on whether Sammy Stosur would be good enough to win it yet again or would a rising star in Thanasi Kokkinakis be good enough to win it.

You've made a fantastic comeback where, only a few years ago, you switched from the racquet to the boots in Football playing for the Vermont Football Club in the Eastern Football League so what I want to know is what does this medal mean to not only yourself, not only your girlfriend, not only your mates but the whole family I mean were they emotional when you came up and accepted the medal knowing your trials and tribulations?"

The delusional ones who think they are good are always the hardest to performance manage, as they see criticism as unfounded and unfair.

The mere fact that Maher puts his hand up for a frontline media role is delusional on his part. So no doubt performance managing him would be a nightmare. Probably why they are gently easing him out via the shortened midday slot.

Although the fact that Maher has managed to keep a variety of frontline media roles remains one of the modern Australian media's great mysteries.
Can't stand the prick, if he's hosting a Big Bash game I turn it straight off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Maher when he is with Watson, I can't stand Gaze at all.

Harford is a good media performer but does need to get off the fence more.

I can understand why people don't like Allen, but I don't mind him and he complements Schwarz well.

I actually really like Fine, I don't know why but I often find myself agreeing with him and for the time of night he presents I think his style works well.

Leach was great on SEN but I have found him fairly insufferable on the ABC, will be interesting to see how he goes back on SEN.

The best person on SEN by far is Dr. Turf, he knows a lot about most sports is funny and seems like a genuine kind of guy.

I've been pushing, with no luck, for Rita to co-host with Rohan Connelley.
I'd also like Rohan to get a graveyard shift where he can play his album collection and hopefully get it out of his system so I don't have to hear about it every time he is on.

Did anyone hear the Morning Glory chat with Jake Lehmann the other day? It was a disgrace.

Gaze starts off with looking at the Shield scorecard and thinking Callum Ferguson's first name is CJ.

Then they proceed to throw 500 questions about Jake's Dad towards him, and slipping in one question about how Jake is tracking. Of course the questions were punctuated with the standard 'your Dad's fat!' style fare.

I can understand 2 or 3 questions about the influence his Dad has had on his career, that's normal, but the whole interview was about that. You could tell Jake was sick of the interview half way through.

Then what topped it off was Andy Maher asking him who they're playing next! Would this ever happen if an AFL player was interviewed during the season? "Hey Matt Priddis, who are West Coast playing on the weekend?" Jesus. A little bit of research wouldn't go astray. Was made worse by the fact that the answer was 'Victoria', the state these bone heads are meant to be broadcasting in.

They have well and truly past their use by date. SEN should be throwing money at guys like Damien Fleming to front the morning slot. He would be perfect.

Did anyone hear the Morning Glory chat with Jake Lehmann the other day? It was a disgrace.

Gaze starts off with looking at the Shield scorecard and thinking Callum Ferguson's first name is CJ.

Then they proceed to throw 500 questions about Jake's Dad towards him, and slipping in one question about how Jake is tracking. Of course the questions were punctuated with the standard 'your Dad's fat!' style fare.

I can understand 2 or 3 questions about the influence his Dad has had on his career, that's normal, but the whole interview was about that. You could tell Jake was sick of the interview half way through.

Then what topped it off was Andy Maher asking him who they're playing next! Would this ever happen if an AFL player was interviewed during the season? "Hey Matt Priddis, who are West Coast playing on the weekend?" Jesus. A little bit of research wouldn't go astray. Was made worse by the fact that the answer was 'Victoria', the state these bone heads are meant to be broadcasting in.

They have well and truly past their use by date. SEN should be throwing money at guys like Damien Fleming to front the morning slot. He would be perfect.

wow that's just bad. people like them (andrew x 2) are comfortable in their jobs without fear of recourse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back