Toast Fremantle's 1st Rookie Pick: Matthew Uebergang

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha I have. Got a group chat going on facebook with our two other best mates, so we're having a pretty good laugh about the love for him on this thread.

He's the only one in our group that plays lol. Only time it comes up now is when we complain about how he's impossibly good at everything he does. :p

Can you ask him whether freo have said they see him as a forward or defender? Interesting to see how they see him :)

Haha I have. Got a group chat going on facebook with our two other best mates, so we're having a pretty good laugh about the love for him on this thread.

He's the only one in our group that plays lol. Only time it comes up now is when we complain about how he's impossibly good at everything he does. :p

Can we send him some questions on his journey and interactions with the club to turn into a AMA thread? :)

I think you will find he has been told to stay WELL away from any form of social media! ;)
Yeah that would probably be getting drilled into his head pretty relentlessly I'd say. Might be wise for me to pipe down until I know what's off limits. I'll try and have a chat with him this week, see what he says.

Yeah that would probably be getting drilled into his head pretty relentlessly I'd say. Might be wise for me to pipe down until I know what's off limits. I'll try and have a chat with him this week, see what he says.
Thanks for sharing everything so far!

I'm super excited to have a fellow nerd playing for Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always called Chris Mayne "Minutes" after that show he used to do.
Thanks, he is not that bad , just needed some competition to kick straight, is always good to have two or more player fighting for position if one off form , injured another step in.

Nah I'ma gonna get him as my buddy and when I do I'll petition the mods to change my name to Ueberkepfan. And possibly change my real name by depol.
Deed poll.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Been chatting to Matt for the last hour or so. Basically told me not to relay anything he tells me about what's happening at this point in time. Which I can understand. But can confirm straight from the horses mouth for those who were wondering, his name is pronounced You-bergang. :p

Been chatting to Matt for the last hour or so. Basically told me not to relay anything he tells me about what's happening at this point in time. Which I can understand. But can confirm straight from the horses mouth for those who were wondering, his name is pronounced You-bergang. :p
Thanks mate,
None of us want him getting in trouble in his first few days at Freo.

No worries - just as long as he knows he has us all excited and willing him on to succeed! :)

Imagine the roar this guy will get when/if he gets his first touch in a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back