Heathcote District FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex-Eaglehawk and Kang Flat forward Phil Lobb was one has played at Elmore previously as well coming off a couple of flags and good years at Romsey so they will be hoping too see more of that. Jesse Smith that played a couple of games with Carlton was another Cam Millward someone mentioned on here some others might be able to fill the gaps with others. Id say 4th or 5th would be a good finish for them.

Lock in David Price B&F winner from Nagambie to Elmore too. Still talk couple more of Lobbs Romsey premiership team mates could come also.

Big outs. But my mail is they have recruited very well and are going under the radar again. Elmore looking very good. Should make the finals this year that's for sure. Not sure if they can push the top 2 or 3 though. Any word on mounts?

So who are they going to jump in front of? North, Colbo or Leitchy?

Elmore need at least 12 senior players to compete as wasnt much there last year.

Not alot on here out of North or Colbo and have heard both are VERY happy with recruits. A few might get a bit closer but I'm still on last years top 3 to do the business.

Lock in David Price B&F winner from Nagambie to Elmore too. Still talk couple more of Lobbs Romsey premiership team mates could come also.
Rather see them chance their arm elsewhere than roll out for an opposition club .... never seen a comp like it (RDFL) where blokes don't batter an eyelid when it comes to running out against past team mates.
Keeping to a HDFL theme I see young Saladino (ex H'cote) joining Wallan

Last edited:
Rather see them chance their arm elsewhere than roll out for an opposition club .... never seen a comp like it (RDFL) where blokes don't batter an eyelid when it comes to running out against past team mates.
Keeping to a HDFL theme I see young Saladino (ex H'cote) joining Wallan
Huge get for Wallan if true. Apparently 2 knee reconstructions I'm led to believe tho, apparently a gun

Have White Hills signed a former Calton & GWS tall whom recently kicked a ton in the O&M?
I happened to have a look at the Hillies training the other night and noticed there was a couple of tallish lads that weren't there last year training with the boys. Both appeared to have reasonable ball skills also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of the bloke playing four games? That doesn't qualify him. Waste of dollars i would have thought. What's the tie up here. Anyone know

Will have a go at the ladder and my tip for league medal

Ladder

North Bendigo
Leitchville Gunbower
Colbo
Elmore
White Hills
Huntley
Mt Pleasant
Heathcote
Lockington

League Medal- Tim Lincoln umpires won't miss him this year

I watched Huntly beat Colbo in a scrappy skilled riddled affair from both teams. Huntly kicked 6 in the last quarter to win the game.

Just wondering how Symons, Greenwood ,Cowling, Kairn, Whittle and a few other BFL players going to Huntly have points allocated against them as I thought they might all be 4 pointers? thats 20 points for just those 5. My sums added up to 30 points for 7 players so probably havent got it right but on HDFL website on players it should show points per player as well and wouldn't write this long-winded question.

If that's the case with the new ruckman - Skewes?, Gleeson ( didnt play but have seen him a couple of years ago) and the Semmel boys (3 pointers?) also there how many points do they have?

I cant see how if 42 points they could be under? Hence the reason I don't think the points system will work.

Not having a crack at Colbo but they are extremely lucky with their recruits they have so many locals on 1 point in their team or they would struggle as well. Knight, Hall, Carmody,Hon are all 4 pointers IMO.

I'm already convinced the points system wont work on small town teams and wondering if this may be the start of rationalisation? We will be told it isnt but how do small towns footy's clubs survive without recruits? You cant get them from juniors as limited and most other leagues are major around the area so they are supposed to be 4 point players in their first year. Its not making sense to me.

What is the penalty for playing with more than the allocated points? Not saying its happened but just neutral observer wondering?
If nothing why worry about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back