Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought you guys might like this! dont think there's anything to worry about in regards to the go home factor here!
Was a Facebook post

Appreciation post to my family and a few others. Surprise visit from Perth and they drove! Wouldn't be living my dream if you guys weren't around. The continued love and support you give your sons we are very lucky. I haven't forgotten you either Tineka Devellerez very blessed to have you in my life. God has put me on a journey and place me in good hands. I had the privilege to live with the Catsoulis family for a couple years and now they feel like another family. I'm living now with two champions in Mark Grainger and Tim Gaynor very blessed. Getting drafted for me was the hardest thing I've had to work for. I love the Joondalup Kinross Juniour football club for the work they put into me as a Juniour. Gavin Bailey had a huge role in my development along with Greg Makie, Damien Aylward and John Sherrifs. My old man Neil Robertson obviously taught me from scratch. The little things in life help you become the person you want to be. Appreciation goes a long way in your development. It's the little things. I'm excited for the years ahead THANK U
Love my club. Love living in Brisbane. Exciting year for our club. #yourclubrepresent

Just thought you guys might like this! dont think there's anything to worry about in regards to the go home factor here!
Was a Facebook post

Appreciation post to my family and a few others. Surprise visit from Perth and they drove! Wouldn't be living my dream if you guys weren't around. The continued love and support you give your sons we are very lucky. I haven't forgotten you either Tineka Devellerez very blessed to have you in my life. God has put me on a journey and place me in good hands. I had the privilege to live with the Catsoulis family for a couple years and now they feel like another family. I'm living now with two champions in Mark Grainger and Tim Gaynor very blessed. Getting drafted for me was the hardest thing I've had to work for. I love the Joondalup Kinross Juniour football club for the work they put into me as a Juniour. Gavin Bailey had a huge role in my development along with Greg Makie, Damien Aylward and John Sherrifs. My old man Neil Robertson obviously taught me from scratch. The little things in life help you become the person you want to be. Appreciation goes a long way in your development. It's the little things. I'm excited for the years ahead THANK U
Love my club. Love living in Brisbane. Exciting year for our club. #yourclubrepresent

All aboard please.

Was a Facebook post

to be honest the like button doesn't really do it justice.

Thanks for sharing

Definitely sounds like a task you assign to someone who has been ear-marked as an emerging leader at the club.

Certainly.

It's not something that would happen often with a player just about to enter his third season. He really give his all and leads by his actions and vocals on field. Which is something we lack as some on our list are good at one but not at the other. He speaks his mind but does it in an enticing/inviting way if you will rather than a condescending one(fwiw, I'm not talking about the Rockliff rumors at all there, it's just rare in younger players). I'm very happy with where he is at.

We've all seen blokes who drop by the wayside from lack of endeavour, inability or unpreparedness to take advantage of the opportunity they are given to make it at the elite level.

I don't think I am going out on a limb by hazarding a guess that this bloke isn't going to be one of them.

And to boot, from personal experience, a thoroughly nice person.

"The Boys Are Flying"

Speaking to the Sunshine Coast Daily, Lions midfielder Nick Robertson has described the team's improvement and hard work during this year's pre-season.

"The boys are flying, it's the best I've seen the group train in the three years I've been here," Roberston said.

"It's definitely intensified, everyone's really having a dip including Hippy (Hipwood).

"He trains really well, but he blew up in the first session.

"He did what I did in my first session with the club, he just busted his bum and the heat got to him.

"You've go to spew before you get liked at the club."

Robertson came into the club as an in-and-under midfielder, but made a reputation as one of the club's best runners by winning the 2km and 3km time trials.

He will join the boys at the annual pre-season camp in Maroochydore from today where they will tackle intense training alongside team building activities.

Was a Facebook post

Robbo on another note just wondering if Nick had to choose between footy and cricket? Cause apparently you were a lightning quick bowler.

How'd you hear that!!
Lol lol
Nah, nick wasn't a bad cricketer but probably not state cricket.
Pretty quick bowler but like I rag him. Pedestrian compared to his old man
Lol lol

Thats probably because dads use the frontline in the nets as a suggestion rather than a limit, dirty rotten scoundrels the lot of them. (fast forward a 15 years and that will be me)

Not a bad chat by Nick.
Thought some might be interested. He never tells me about this stuff.
Found it by fluke!!

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/3927824
A great interview, Robbo18! Most interviews are 5-minute sound bite stuff, so it's cool that these young guys could take a bit of time for a chat. He gave you a nice little hat-tip for his running ability too. ;) He presents really well. Straight talking but well-considered.

Reserves Wrap - Southport - 05/03/16 (Shane Woewodin’s comments)

We had him planned for wing and a bit of half back throughout the day, but because of the loss of a couple of inside mids we had to play Nick a little more inside on the weekend. We’re working really hard on his ground level stuff, it was a little bit inconsistent but he certainly improved in areas throughout the day. The wet conditions made it a little bit harder, but his hardness inside and his tackle pressure (was good). He certainly got a good run under his belt.

Reserves Wrap: V Redland

He played inside mid and at times throughout the game outside on the wing. He lost his perimeter a couple of times, and I didn’t think his GPS was at a level that it would be playing senior footy. He’s still working on his ground level stuff, there was some good stuff but it was also a bit inconsistent – there is room for improvement. Also he’ll work on his ability to have a bit more composure in and around congestion. We’re still working on those little fundamentals in Nick’s game. He’ll put himself into selection for round 1, with Zorko out there’s an opportunity for him on the wing in the seniors. It was a big weekend for him having to play NEAFL and then back it up in the seniors against the Suns the following day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we, as an already poorly skilled side overall manage to carry Bell, Robinson and Robertson all in similar roles though, given their disposal is not exactly their strong suit? I'm not so sure.

Reserves Wrap - Aspley Hornets - 23/04/16 (Shane Woewodin’s comments)

Again, Nick Robbo blew the GPS up on the weekend. He missed a couple of ground balls which is a key focus of his at the moment to be able to have composure in that area of the game. In his skill efficiency he missed a few kicks also, which he needs to be able to tidy up and make sure his field kicking improves. He has been working on that along with his handballs. He hit the scoreboard which was really good and gave away a couple of silly free kicks on the day which was again a concentration thing. His work rate and ability to cover the ground is really important for us, he’s certainly ticking all boxes there.

Reading his game analysis he doesn't seem far away. Fitness has always been there so surprise with the gps numbers. Some critical areas he's currently working on tell me he's still a couple weeks away.(just my read on it anyway) He needs some stability, so I want him to stay in a while once he gets promoted. I'd be interested to know how many senior games he's strung together in a row in the past? Couple of unlucky injuries haven't helped.Keep knocking on the door young man. Your turn will come.

I was always surprised when he was getting a crack on the wing, thought he would be a much better in an under player with his aggression and size, and given his disposal is considered one of his weakness....though i guess his decision making isnt still fully there hence he isnt being given a crack in the centre either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back