Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having dinner at the lobster house which is in Beaumaris apparently so hopefully this is close to Caulfield
So so in distance.
Beaumaris is lovely, in case you don't know, a very well to do suburb.
Infamous for the disappearance of Eloise Worledge, kidnapped during the night January 1976. Scott St Beaumaris.
Anyway Beaumaris is a few suburbs away something like
Beaumaris, Black Rock, Sandringham (Sandy) then Hampton, Brighton, across to gardenvale then Caulfield.
Not too many cheap house in that lot. But lovely friendly suburbs.

Haha - you're safe here.......Happily married :)
Ha ha
Because nobody has ever told naughty lies to their beloved.... ;)
But we know you're fine, Collingwood integrity goes a long way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure she had some valid reasons for trying to get him to I guess... answer a question properly (would be nice to see the whole segment not such a small chunk) but jeez this is a whole new can of worms to be introducing to Parliament! What are peoples' thoughts?

EDIT: I should say, avoid the comments section unless you want to scoop your eyes out with spoons.

I'm sure she had some valid reasons for trying to get him to I guess... answer a question properly (would be nice to see the whole segment not such a small chunk) but jeez this is a whole new can of worms to be introducing to Parliament! What are peoples' thoughts?

EDIT: I should say, avoid the comments section unless you want to scoop your eyes out with spoons.

It's more feminist gibberish... good on him for putting her back in her box. He hadn't even said anything yet before she accused him of it...

It's more feminist gibberish... good on him for putting her back in her box. He hadn't even said anything yet before she accused him of it...

The video unfortunately doesn't paint a complete picture so we can't quite assume that to be true, not that that excuses the use of the word.

It's interesting because she was probably right to go on the offensive, just chose the wrong path to venture down... There are very fine lines not to be crossed nowadays.

The video unfortunately doesn't paint a complete picture so we can't quite assume that to be true, not that that excuses the use of the word.

It's interesting because she was probably right to go on the offensive, just chose the wrong path to venture down... There are very fine lines not to be crossed nowadays.

I'm glad to see men finally standing up to these feminist diatribes that for too long have gone unchecked. :thumbsu:

I'm glad to see men finally standing up to these feminist diatribes that for too long have gone unchecked. :thumbsu:

Yep, gone unchecked for oh...a couple of decades, following several millennia of male diatribes.:thumbsu:

You're nothing if not predictable sirlothie. I couldn't resist biting back this time, even over a leisurely Saturday morning breakfast!:)

Wow she completely embarrassed herself.

You'd hope our senators would be above that, sadly it's not the case.

Wow she completely embarrassed herself.

You'd hope our senators would be above that, sadly it's not the case.
Did she?
How can you make such a definitive conclusion when you haven't heard what led to her making the comment in the first place.
Kappa you do have a habit of making absolute statements when your not aware of the full facts.
Now maybe she did make a dill of herself or maybe she was justified in her comments. Without knowing what transpired before the comment was made neither of us know
It is possible that the Senator she made the comment to was being a complete arse before she made the comment.

By the way I have been living overseas for many years and don't know any of these people therefore my comments are not based on any bias towards a particular party or person.

Did she?
How can you make such a definitive conclusion when you haven't heard what led to her making the comment in the first place.
Kappa you do have a habit of making absolute statements when your not aware of the full facts.
Now maybe she did make a dill of herself or maybe she was justified in her comments. Without knowing what transpired before the comment was made neither of us know
It is possible that the Senator she made the comment to was being a complete arse before she made the comment.

By the way I have been living overseas for many years and don't know any of these people therefore my comments are not based on any bias towards a particular party or person.

Um.....

What happened before the comments is completely irrelevant to my post, she made a complete fool of herself with her comments and then the cringe-worthy attempted justification.

If the other guy in the video made an arse of himself before hand that changes absolutely nothing in regards to her comments and how she handled herself, this isn't primary school.

What your post is literally saying is that if we see someone go on a racist rant about how they hate Aboriginals, we cannot make any definitive conclusions about them or their comments until we hear what led to those comments being made :drunk::drunk::drunk:. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Whether the guy was a complete arsehole or not, she acted like a buffoon...

Um.....

What happened before the comments is completely irrelevant to my post, she made a complete fool of herself with her comments and then the cringe-worthy attempted justification.

If the other guy in the video made an arse of himself before hand that changes absolutely nothing in regards to her comments and how she handled herself, this isn't primary school.

What your post is literally saying is that if we see someone go on a racist rant about how they hate Aboriginals, we cannot make any definitive conclusions about them or their comments until we hear what led to those comments being made :drunk::drunk::drunk:. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Whether the guy was a complete arsehole or a perfect gentlement it doesn't matter, she acted like a buffoon.
No. If the guy is being a sexist and is patronising her and is belittling her then what is wrong with her making the comment that he is being a sexist.

Imagine the following

Aboriginal person. "We need to be recognized"
Me "Your a stupid black person. Just know your place"
Aboriginal person "That is simplistic and wrong."
Me "Screw you. Your an inferior person and I am not going to show you any respect"
Now video cuts in
Aboriginal person "Your being racist and patronising"
Me "How dare you play the race card. Don't go playing the race game just because someone disagrees with you. The Australian public is sick of people not being able to express their opinions without being called racist"

Now. Read the comments above in full and I am an a-hole. Read it after the video cuts in and it is quite easy to come to the conclusion that the Aboriginal person is playing the race game.
The point is Kappa you make absolute definitive comments when your not aware of all the facts.

The practice of people turning their opinion magically into something factual is becoming tiresome
People are certainly entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own set of facts

Additionally people quoting one or two known facts, then adding an opinion and calling it a third fact treats us all as fools

No. If the guy is being a sexist and is patronising her and is belittling her then what is wrong with her making the comment that he is being a sexist.

Imagine the following

Aboriginal person. "We need to be recognized"
Me "Your a stupid black person. Just know your place"
Aboriginal person "That is simplistic and wrong."
Me "Screw you. Your an inferior person and I am not going to show you any respect"
Now video cuts in
Aboriginal person "Your being racist and patronising"
Me "How dare you play the race card. Don't go playing the race game just because someone disagrees with you. The Australian public is sick of people not being able to express their opinions without being called racist"

Now. Read the comments above in full and I am an a-hole. Read it after the video cuts in and it is quite easy to come to the conclusion that the Aboriginal person is playing the race game.
The point is Kappa you make absolute definitive comments when your not aware of all the facts.

You have completely failed to understand my point.

This has zero to do with anyone playing the gender card.

If after the video cuts in the aboriginal person had called the white person "white trash" could we make the conclusion that they were out of line and made a very inappropriate comment? Regardless of what happened before... Of course we could.

Which is exactly what has happened here (at least in respect to my comment)

The practice of people turning their opinion magically into something factual is becoming tiresome
People are certainly entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own set of facts

Additionally people quoting one or two known facts, then adding an opinion and calling it a third fact treats us all as fools

They must be terminally miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back