Preview St Kilda vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense VDS, but how is you going off your nut at what you're reading on here any different to anyone reacting strongly to our selections?

It's all the same thing. Someone seeing something that don't think is right and expressing that view. If it's OK for you to do it like this, then surely it's likewise OK for others to respond strongly to something they don't agree with? Would you not agree?

Never take offense with you ARR. Just exercising my democratic rights. Check the PM for a deeper explanation.

Not denying anyone their right to discuss, just some of the s**t thrown at the club is OTT, IMO. And not warranted.

I mean seriously,,, caning the club because they haven't given us a reason?

And BTW, this is me being placid and measured.

Last edited:
47772D17-85AC-43AA-8D1E-A3BDB9AE4A59.jpg

Following the Demons 490 point demolition of the Saints, in which Hogan kicked 17 goals, Watts 12 and Petracca 8 (to go with his 73 possessions), and in which the Saints totally forgot they had Acres on the bench and left him sitting there for the entire match, mods prepare to move into the site once known as Big Footy.

theirs so many other reasons any player can get omitted, since u hate the most OBVIOUS one heres another one for you. look at his TOG between the first and second games. looks to me as if lee was dragged multiple times in the GWS game for something.. could it have been for slow play? could it be for bad communication or positioning?

View attachment 240895
Not many tackles if just looking at stats

47772D17-85AC-43AA-8D1E-A3BDB9AE4A59.jpg

Following the Demons 490 point demolition of the Saints, in which Hogan kicked 17 goals, Watts 12 and Petracca 8 (to go with his 73 possessions), and in which the Saints totally forgot they had Acres on the bench and left him sitting there for the entire match, mods prepare to move into the site once known as Big Footy.

At least Hogan didn't break the record!!! :footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy::footy:

Look, there are 5000 new members this year. 5000 people who have said, "Okay, we'll give this club a shot", and for many you could add, "again" to that sentence. If they feel the club isn't doing enough on field, they may well leave, and not come back. The only other way they'll stay, in spite of poor performance, will be if they understand the seemingly inexplicable decisions and can say, "Oh, now, that makes sense."

How hard would it be in the Insider video to say: "Look, some fans may be disappointed for Tom Lee, but we'd told Tom he needed to develop his 1%s (or whatever), and he only had 3,when his minimum was 6. He gets to go back to Sandy to work on that." - seriously, how hard would that be? Then all of us would be fine. They obviously have a good reason, unless they're morons, or capricious, which I hope they're not. So just tell us the reason.

Maybe they should also tell us all the match ups and game plan in advance... after all, we are season ticket holders, yeh?

Yes Lee is pretty stiff to be dropped, but I think a lot of people are forgetting how poor he was on Cameron early last week..
Why would we put our third tall defender, playing just his second game in 2 years on the best key forward on the ground, maybe the best in the comp?

Seems like terrible coaching & matchups.

Maybe they should also tell us all the match ups and game plan in advance... after all, we are season ticket holders, yeh?
Imagine what our opponents could do with the knowledge lee was dropped for not getting enough 1 percenters!!! Worse than kicking into a five goal breeze :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joey has been very good.

I feel Fisher & Dempster are being asked too much of. I'd like to see Lee & even HJ get games as key posts with Dempster & Fisher taking lesser roles. Perhaps we see this once it sinks in with Richo that our season is cooked & we need to develop defenders seeing as our back 6 would be closest to the oldest group in the comp.

Yeah it's bit of a concern when we're relying so much on two key defenders that probably only have a year or two left at most, with Carlisle out I expected Lee and Goddard to be given more opportunities to help them out and help with the handover when they retire.

I think most supporters would be prepared to wear a few mistakes from our young key defenders providing they're showing improvement and Lee seemed to be doing that while Goddard didn't look out of his depth at all last season when he came in.

Just to give my two cents on this weeks match.

As usual, just wanting to see sustained effort from the playing group. There's no doubting GWS are a quality side and banging down the door to finals football and more in the near future, but there were far too many patches in the game where our structures collapsed and defensive efforts faltered.
It sounds simple, but if we bring 4 quarters of footy typified by our emphasis on pressure, forced turnovers and ball movement (all a work in progress of course - but nonetheless effective when executed correctly) then we will be a real chance.

Credit to Melbourne, they're getting it done and taking steps forward - but we need to come out hungry and ready to bring our best. I felt we sat back for too long, too often vs GWS (And similarly against the Bulldogs) and it's up to our playing group to set the bar a little higher in terms of what we expect from an effort/intensity standpoint.

This sounds exactly where Tom is at - Limbo.

Just not good enough to receive such little feedback, and I've heard other players with similar complaints about poor communication.

Young guys with under 20 games of experience being made the scapegoat for poor team performances is pathetic.

I got a PM from ************ ******* who posts on here and SS and he wasn't overly happy with the way he was handled and the communications. He denied he'd been informed by the coaches on a path forward. I can't remember the exact specifics but I think it's fair to say there was a feeling he wasn't feeling like there was a fair system in place for guys outside the favourites.

Last edited:
Obviously Lee has things they feel he needs to work on, but it seems others get the opportunity to do that in the firsts. Anyway, I hope he can go back to Sandy and sort out whatever it is he needs to sort out. From what I've seen it's certainly not marking or kicking as he is one of the best. Must be tackles and 1 percenters but jeez he's stiff and I think they like to make a bit of an example of him (eg the before half time substitute) which is s**t man management in my opinion.

I got a PM from Daniel Markworths cousin who posts on here and SS and he wasn't overly happy with the way he was handled and the communications. He denied he'd been informed by the coaches on a path forward. I can't remember the exact specifics but I think it's fair to say there was a feeling he wasn't feeling like there was a fair system in place for guys outside the favourites.

is this stuff true? can any of the ITK's confirm?

Like these are pretty damning claims to be making and I'm hoping like hell it isn't true

I got a PM from Daniel Markworths cousin who posts on here and SS and he wasn't overly happy with the way he was handled and the communications. He denied he'd been informed by the coaches on a path forward. I can't remember the exact specifics but I think it's fair to say there was a feeling he wasn't feeling like there was a fair system in place for guys outside the favourites.

Who wasn't happy?

Daniel?

Lee?

Daniel's cousin?

Yeah it's bit of a concern when we're relying so much on two key defenders that probably only have a year or two left at most, with Carlisle out I expected Lee and Goddard to be given more opportunities to help them out and help with the handover when they retire.

I think most supporters would be prepared to wear a few mistakes from our young key defenders providing they're showing improvement and Lee seemed to be doing that while Goddard didn't look out of his depth at all last season when he came in.

Two key defenders who are more suited to a quarterback role and a third tall. If Gwilt was still here he would have taken another key post. He must have a few height issues old Richo.

is this stuff true? can any of the ITK's confirm?

Like these are pretty damning claims to be making and I'm hoping like hell it isn't true

i don't want to muck rake, when you are outside the system it's a pretty frustrating position and you are really in competition with team mates so I assume he was venting to his family so I wouldn't get too worried but I hope they have improved the feeling of a progression at least. I have a friend who's nephew was in a similar position at another club and they were similarly upset so it might be universal when you are on the outside of the main group counting down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back