News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

not only that, you cant blame one or two players for 30seconds worth of work on a loss that took 4 quarters to make!
Toumpas had 26 disposals, kicked 2 goals and laid more tackles (8) than any other Melbourne player and double the tackles Vince laid.

I think Toumpas will come good.

He has the smarts. He wins the ball.

He just needs to find some confidence in himself and his body.

Totally different player but he kind of reminds me of Shulz when he arrived

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think this is spot on. He's still averaging 20 touches a game, so he's hardly been Mr Invisible.

We just haven't scrubbed all the Melbourne off him yet.

I think this is spot on. He's still averaging 20 touches a game, so he's hardly been Mr Invisible.

We just haven't scrubbed all the Melbourne off him yet.
Yep.

The comment about the Melbourne senior players blaming him for a loss just shows why he might be needing to get some confidence inhimself.

Way too early to write him off. There are some promising signs there.

Last edited:
Funnily enough they're playing the Saints tomorrow. ......
That is why Vince has come out and blamed Toumpas for their 2 point loss to the Saints in round 11 last year. No mention of who was responsible for their 6 goal loss to the Saints in round 17 though, probably because Toumpas didn't play.

To be honest though what gets written about from his ex supporter base is no worse than some of the things our own supporters say about the lad both on this board & at the games.

I've posted ad nauseum that Jimmy has been nowhere near as bad as some of the comments in the 'changes' thread each week make out, compared to a number of our high profiled players him & DBJ have been 2 of our only positives of the season.

What happened to backing our players in & making them feel like they belong? The lad is Port Adelaide now, always wanted to be a part of our club & doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he cops.

I know i've been having a crack at Toumpas in the Butcher thread in terms of him getting a go, but I do think he'll eventually come good for us and i'm happy that he's getting a good run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne are on the way up, no point denying it. They will account for the Saints easily.

Disagree. I think the Saints are better at this stage.

To be honest though what gets written about from his ex supporter base is no worse than some of the things our own supporters say about the lad both on this board & at the games.

I've posted ad nauseum that Jimmy has been nowhere near as bad as some of the comments in the 'changes' thread each week make out, compared to a number of our high profiled players him & DBJ have been 2 of our only positives of the season.

What happened to backing our players in & making them feel like they belong? The lad is Port Adelaide now, always wanted to be a part of our club & doesn't deserve the amount of criticism he cops.

Absolutely spot on, the Port supporter base at large has been absolutely ripping in to the young bloke when he's been far from our worst player and is one of the few that might actually have an excuse at this point for not being at his best.

Melbourne are on the way up, no point denying it. They will account for the Saints easily.

Hmm I dunno about that, guess we'll see.

They've had a couple of decent wins, but then again Collingwood and Richmond aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

And they lost to Essendon.

Time will tell, but if the last 50 years are anything to go by....

Hmm I dunno about that, guess we'll see.

They've had a couple of decent wins, but then again Collingwood and Richmond aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

And they lost to Essendon.

Time will tell, but if the last 50 years are anything to go by....

How many times have Melbourne been on the up? Remember when they hit the top of the ladder in 2004, a fact hyped and celebrated by all and sundry in the national footy media that entire week? Then they came to Adelaide, full of hype and with a head of steam in round 19 and we sent them packing to the tune of 73 points. They didn't win another game that year, including a week 1 finals exit having finished 5th.

Totally different player but he kind of reminds me of Shulz when he arrived

Reminds me of Jasper Pittard circa 2013. Give him a few years and people will look back at their negativity re Toumpas the same way they now look back at negativity re Pittard.

Pittard always showed a lot, just was inconsistent and made some howlers. Toumpas doesn't show anything other than being a mediocre sanfl player

Melbourne have micro false dawns every week

Remember round 1+2. They won the Greatest Win of All Time Trophy For Beating GWS At Home In Round 1 then they lost to this Essendon side days later.
Any team that counts their preseason wins alongside their H&A wins as Gawn did last week clearly aren't used to winning form.

Saints are on the up as well, they may not have a ruckman as good as Gawn but their midfield & small forward line is pretty damn good if I did tip I'd be backing them in to win tomorrow.

Pittard always showed a lot, just was inconsistent and made some howlers. Toumpas doesn't show anything other than being a mediocre sanfl player

Nah Pittard definitely went through a phase where he stunk it up big time.

Toumpas has shown he can find the ball and he has decent delivery. He's got lots to work on but I think we'll see rewards with him.

What he needs more than anything else is some bravado, which is hard to find when the team sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back