AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AE registration closes 22 August.. Join Now

Not sure if I missed the explanation - I understand that if you're in yellow you are a rookie, but what is the distinction between grey (eg GG) and white (eg me)?

That's got me scratching my head.
Maybe it's conference split up for ND?
And while we're at it, what does orange (briscoe) mean?

White/ grey.. just a background matting contrast thing.. image is also reduced size so it looks more grey/white as the right side has more light.
AE08 members returning.

Gold coloured members = AE09 rookies
Orange coloured member = AE07 member

I appreciate everyone's patience in the much anticipated unveiling of the
AE website. JD has had to overcome personal illness lately along with fine tuning the site as it's much a meticulous process to ensure INTEGRITY of the AE & moreso, JD's web design portfolio of work.

In the meantime, the updated AE members projection is now 54. I have
faith the AE website will ensure more exposure and greater interest in the
upcoming FINAL THREE WEEKS.

AEpromo.jpg

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

Count me in Woody, just having a little a few problems the Home Fiscal Policy, which the ATO might clear up in a week or so...txt me your details

You should take a photo of it and post on here.
Then you wont have to re-tell the stories over and over like a grandpa whenever a BF person visits your sportsbar. :)

Oh but then Woodson turns into a boring steelers supporter..........

Ummmm, I forgot what was the point I was making!!!!!!!!!!

Oh but then Woodson turns into a boring steelers supporter..........

Ummmm, I forgot what was the point I was making!!!!!!!!!!

Was that because the framed pic of Big Ben was too overwelming. :p

I'm still awaiting some numbskull to question the credibility of Gridiron.. I have changed the subject in a number of conversations with my patrons who look, stare.. drink.. that's right.. the evil linebacker stare from behind the taps is too much for them to read. :p

Am I right in understanding you own/manage a drinking establishment Woody??? If so, and it is in Melbourne, DAMN, was in Melbourne for a 'lads' weekend recently, could have used a good watering hole (Steelers gear not withstanding)!

Sir Woodson, I did read somewhere you were setting up a website right? how is that going...

(too lazy to read all of thread)

Last word was JD was doing this, but has run into some delays, but it will be coming online soon-ish. JD may be able to shed more light on it though.

Yeah I'm building a site for it. The site is essentially done but unfortunately I've struggled to find the time over the past 3-4 weeks to finish it off due to a month from hell on the personal front. I'm not going to make any rash promises for the next 48 hours but I should have it up and working sometime this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm building a site for it. The site is essentially done but unfortunately I've struggled to find the time over the past 3-4 weeks to finish it off due to a month from hell on the personal front. I'm not going to make any rash promises for the next 48 hours but I should have it up and working sometime this weekend.

Look forward to it JD.

Been dripping with anxiety... that's for sure... can't wait to see that FIREBALL website you have to show us JD.. so glad you're back and we'd really like to see you make the AE list first & foremost. ;)

Bob_Sinclar_504880a.jpg

Where is this watering hole, Woody?

anglers-tavern-night1.jpg

'Paradise City' on Saturday Nights.. ;) The Anglers Tavern.

No problems and no rush JD. It took me 6-8 week to just front up with the money for Woodson.

I'm sure you can't do much worse than that competition last year run by the radio. :D

re: AE flashback moments (3XKO 2008)

AE3XKOpromo.jpg

It only took 9 ROUNDS in the 2008 season of the 3XKO comp for Cassius Clay to be proclaimed 3XKO Champ 2009..

Here's a flashback to HOW it all dramatically unfolded..

Week 1: Cassius Clay cops a bruising cut to the eye courtesy of the razor sharp arm of Jake Delhomme as he connects with Dante Rosario at the back of the endzone to rally past the Chargers who lost on the last play of the game 24-26.

fin.jpg
Ouch!!
.. but thanx to AFC heavyweights, Steelers & Patriots keeping Cassius' feet firmly planted on the 3XKO canvas.

Week 2: Powerful performances by the Cardinals & Giants, keeps Cassius jabbing with unbridled enthusiasm.

Week 3: A rare Heavy Patriots LOSS (to Miami) smashes down Cassius to the cold hard canvas with a tremendous thud as the struggle to hold off the
down count...
gal_msg-ali-frazier-71.jpg

BUT WAIT!! Here comes the BILLS to the rescue... amazing 17 point fourth quarter fightback 24-23 win over the Raiders saves Cassius arse BIG TIME!!

billscomeback.jpg

<< Nine AE members GAWN after 3 intense feisty rounds.. >>

Week 4: Faith in the Saints allows Cassius to fight another day. But the same can't be said for 20 others as the GAWN COUNT hits an alarming 29!! :eek:

3XKO_Wk4.jpg

Week 5 The feisty Bengals couldn't overcome the might of the Cowboys as Cassius rides high with the help of his belovered Eagles rivals.

"...take one for the Ca$h.." :D

<< Two more AE members crunched which raises the 3XKO casualty list number to 31 >>

Week 6: If flirting with dangerous opposition isn't enough, Cassius Clay wasn't perturbed at all. He dialed up the trusting Saints once again to deal with the Raiders in which they delivered an emphatic 34-3 whitewash result..

In the meantime, EIGHT more AE members bit the dust as the countdown to the Final FIVE 3XKO survivors stood accordingly >>

<<Arakaan - Camsmith - Cassius Clay - TAC Hawks & YourNotMe! >>

Week 7: In an ironically twist, Cassius changes tactics, aborting his Seahawks selection, in favour another NFC East rival of his belovered Eagles, the Giants, as they take down the Niners (Seahawks LOST btw) while TACHawks sticks firm with his belovered Jets on the road to Oakland.. but TACHawks crashes n' burns out of the 3XKO race in a gutting upset Overtime LOSS !!

<<40 GAWN!! The fab four remain: Arakaan - Camsmith - Cassius Clay & YourNotMe! >>

Week 8: Duhm duhm duhm.. Another One Bites the Dust (hey!) as YourNotMe! falls hard after his selection, 49ers gets blown right out out of the Bay to the savage Seahawks, losing emphatically 13-34. Meanwhile, Cassius Clay, dodges a satirical bullet (to spite? TACHawks) by nominating the Jets as Favre connects with Coles with 1:05 remaining to scrap past the brave Chiefs, winning 28-24.

001353_fbn_jets_favre_2_nyt1.jpg

Brett salutes Cassius... "...that one's for you"

<< Only Three Remain : Arakaan - Camsmith - Cassius Clay>>

Week 9: Sometimes Too Much Love Can Kill You.. as the case was for two of the last three survivors.

Arakaan expecting his belovered 3-4 Jaguars to pussywhip the 0-8 Bengals, especially with the back up QB Ryan Fitzpatrick behind centre..

What happened?: Ryan Fitzpatrick connected with formally Chad Johnson, now Ocho Cinco, for two critical TD's to painfully BITE and SPIT the smugness right out Arakaan. Final score: Jax 19 Cinci 21. Ouch!!
chad_ocho_cinco_benched.jpg

Wait a minute.. smugness doesn't end there folks...no sirreee.:D

Camsmith, the buoyant Broncos fan that he is... decides, to ride with the wind.. sticking with his 4-3 AFC West leading Broncos, fresh back the week 8 bye, facing the last placed AFC East 3-4 Dolphins, (don't forget they were 1-15 previous campaign).. @ Mile High!! Safe Bet??
invesco-field.jpg

What happened?: Miami sharked three picks, especially the one that Syracuse's Will Allen (#25) took BACK to THE HOUSE from the Miami 32...
will-allen-655x350.jpg

Stunning the Broncos 26-17 and posting the 'Fins 11th regular season win from their 15 meetings. Bet Camsmith was caught well unaware of the bogey team factor!! :p

So that leaves us with Cassius Clay's 'KILLER BLOW'
muhammad-ali-knock-out.jpg

...not that the 4-3 Bears win over the winless 0-7 Lions was exactly quite a walk in the park... no sireeee. the fact is that the Bears needed to overcome a double digit deficit, trailing 13-23 at HT..

Enter the much maligned REX GROSSMAN..

R_Grossman_081102_Wide.jpg

scores on two crucial touchdowns to save Cassius Clay's bacon.. from getting mauled by the Lions. Bears rally @ Soldier Field to win 27-23.

and there you have it folks.. another EDGE of YOUR SEAT AE chapter flashback..

CONGRATS to CASSIUS CLAY !!

PP31037.jpg

Actually Fuey, the 3XKO 2007 story is indeed on file for next week's AE pre-season Flashback series.. a real ring-a-ding-ding, all feathers affair that will leave all those who HAVEn't joined the AE this season, gather 'round the AE campfire here to see what it takes to go all the way.. just like the Steelers!! :D

235900_f520.jpg

Thrills, Spills, Anxiety OVERKILL... it JUST doesN't get any better folks!! and NO Place for marshmallows.. let alone, faint hearts! This is the NFL buddyboys!! And we all know what the NFL stands for?? ;)

Whats going on with STO?? I would of thought an NFL guru and know it all would be a shoe in to win this comp!!lol

Does he not like these competitions or is the $30 a bit to steep.... ;)

Whats going on with STO?? I would of thought an NFL guru and know it all would be a shoe in to win this comp!!lol

STO is clearly all talk and no action! :p

Bit of both. Im a uni student, that thirty bucks could be better spent on scotch.

In reality ill join, but on my own schedule. No amount of cowboy fan hemmerhoid blood postings will change that.

STO is clearly all talk and no action! :p

Right, thats it...

This means war Manure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back