Fantasy 2024 - Syndicate League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
League page....

So far me and BeinPurplenGreen have expressed interest. Looking for 10 more people.

It's a new dynasty league I've created that is a bit different, and imo will be much more fun and a little simpler than empire.

Firstly, it's a prize money league...$30 to join every year, and minus annual league cost, the rest of the pool is what the league champion gets in prize money....say, roughly $300.

League will have salary cap and contracts but there is no start up draft or future drafts, instead there'll be a Vet only auction and then a Rookie only auction to acquire your start up roster...and future years, will be the same...a vet auction then a rookie auction.

You have to win bids to acquire players, like an eBay auction, not blind. However much you win a bid ends up that players salary for a 3-5 year contract. Trying to fit a best possible roster inside $100m cap.

It's kind of a hybrid of american football and soccer. No h2h games, just weekly all-play tally, top team end of year is winner.

The way it's like soccer is that there are transfers and loans at various points of the season. You trade and loan to make extra money above your cap space that can carry forward to future years. So your 100m cap could end up 110m, 150m etc, as you wheel and deal, while others might end up poorly managing and have a cap of 80m for a year or two later.

You would trade for cap money basically. Whilst loans is loaning a player out to a rival team for a gour week period (for more temporary cap money exchanged) and that player would return to your team at the next transfer window.

When I imagine the league I really do think it'll be a lot of fun, and interest given that soccer angle to it.

I'm curious but what are $60 of league costs?
Myfantasyleague charges money every year to run a league. Its somewhere in the $60-90 aud range. So $30x12 people = 360. So minus whatever the league ends up costing for the year, the remaining is the prizemoney that the winner of the comp will receive.

I'm not sure how much it'll cost yet till i pay for the league. Wont pay for it until I for sure have 12 people joined (obvious reasons).

I usually pay it upfront and then collect the fees during the season or towards the end of the season.

Bump. Looking for participants. Keen on this.
Im in 9 leagues already and not that keen on an auction league. Sorry mate. Hope it gets filled for you though.

Im in 9 leagues already and not that keen on an auction league. Sorry mate. Hope it gets filled for you though.
That's fine, you're right to yay or nay. Just a shame tho if i cant fill league because i think this league format has potential to be really fun...the entire auction no draft is different, the easier method of contracts (for commish) and the soccer-like transfer window system -- loaning players out for a few weeks or trading them outright for cash/cap reserves that can extend into a future year or two.

That's fine, you're right to yay or nay. Just a shame tho if i cant fill league because i think this league format has potential to be really fun...the entire auction no draft is different, the easier method of contracts (for commish) and the soccer-like transfer window system -- loaning players out for a few weeks or trading them outright for cash/cap reserves that can extend into a future year or two.
I get you, and if I was in less leagues I probably would but already forking out $200 a year for fantasy also. I thinks thats enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back