26. Tampa Bay
27. Arizona [Via Houston]
28. Buffalo
29. Detroit
30. Baltimore
31. San Francisco
32. Kansas City

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting draft board. Think QBs go top 2 with Chicago and Washington then its open to lots of different scenarios and trading. Pats in a good spot to trade back if they dont want to take a QB that high. NYG, Atlanta, Denver and Vegas (maybe Minnesota too) all potentially looking for a QB and to move up.

I know the Chargers are in the box seat for Harrison and it would sell some tickets but I'd avoid. That's been the Chargers MO since forever...splashy plays that barely gloss over their inability to play football fundamentals.

They would be better served seeking out cornerstone sound players who football. They have their QB, now surround him with football players not just one highlight reel.

Last edited:
I know the Chargers are in the box seat for Harrison and it would sell some tickets but I'd avoid. That's been the Chargers MO since forever...splashy plays that barely gloss over their inability to play football fundamentals.

They would be better served seeking out cornerstone stone sound players who football. They have their QB, now surround him with football players not just one highlight reel.
Right now I feel the Cards will take him at #4 before the Chargers get a chance

They would be better served seeking out cornerstone sound players who football. They have their QB, now surround him with football players not just one highlight reel.
The way the NFL is now, I'd argue that WR is a cornerstone position.

They've muscled their way into the conversation alongside the OTs, pass rushers and CBs (who are all obviously at least one step below the QB in terms of importance)

They've muscled their way into the conversation alongside the OTs, pass rushers and CBs (who are all obviously at least one step below the QB in terms of importance)
JJ is the face of the Vikings. He even does that NFL flag football ad. and did the Madden ad

Not arguing that receiver is not an important position but I'm talking about what is right for the Chargers. The joke is the Chargers are always going to Charger. One elite receiver is not going to change the fubars they make across the rest of the game. I'm just saying they need some meat and potato footballers and focus on working from the inside out on that team.

Not arguing that receiver is not an important position but I'm talking about what is right for the Chargers. The joke is the Chargers are always going to Charger. One elite receiver is not going to change the fubars they make across the rest of the game. I'm just saying they need some meat and potato footballers and focus on working from the inside out on that team.
a good coach is going to be a start. they havent had a coach since Norv Turner and by the end the game had passed him, he struggled to adjust.

JJ is the face of the Vikings. He even does that NFL flag football ad. and did the Madden ad

Again not arguing the importance of the WR position. Vikings used to have some guy called Moss as their face of the franchise too, Rice was the face of the 49ers and so on.

WRs have always been important and it is not a new trend....of course JJ is going to be more marketable than some 1 gap lunch pale fatty interior lineman. My argument is do the Chargers have enough of those guys?

Unless you know the OL guy is going to be a 10+ year starter a top 5 pick is an ask. Sure one stud on the OL makes the rest look better but its not going to fix the Chargers OL issues.

high quality OL coaching can do more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless you know the OL guy is going to be a 10+ year starter a top 5 pick is an ask. Sure one stud on the OL makes the rest look better but its not going to fix the Chargers OL issues.

high quality OL coaching can do more.
The Chargers do have one good guy (at least when healthy) in Rashawn Slater. The problem is the rest of the OL sucks, even when they've spent highly on the OL

The Chargers do have one good guy (at least when healthy) in Rashawn Slater. The problem is the rest of the OL sucks, even when they've spent highly on the OL

Sort of my point with the Chargers, they have quality stock but they suck. Maybe they need more blue collar guys who are willing to football.

As aussiedude says, coaching is not immune to the Chargers problems either.

Sort of my point with the Chargers, they have quality stock but they suck. Maybe they need more blue collar guys who are willing to football.

As aussiedude says, coaching is not immune to the Chargers problems either.
They will cut Keenan Allen so they would be stupid to pass on Harrison if he made it to them.

Wouldnt be surprised if they took Nabers at #5 even if Harrison is gone. Nabers is a beast. Doubt he gets past #7 if there are no trade ups for QBs, Giants and Titans probably very interested in him also.

They will cut Keenan Allen so they would be stupid to pass on Harrison if he made it to them.

They cut their 3rd round WR Allen saving nearly $20m and replace him with a top 5 rookie WR. Who will cost about $3M in his first year. But that $17M doesn't free up cap for the Chargers to go sign players it only eats into their projected $40M cap overrun. If they have to cut other players they are going to create even more holes in their roster and one pick isn't going to solve that.

So now they have a rookie WR, meanwhile they have an underperforming yet expensive offensive and defensive lines, holes everywhere and no capital in FA to move.

Yet they spent a top 5 pick on a WR in arguably one of the deepest WR classes in history and have no ability to address their other needs.

Personally, if they want Harrison (subjectively, who wouldn't?) then they should run a full fire sale first.

But they are a team who are irrelevant in their new city who like to follow winners. Not sure where that really leaves the Chargers.

Dont think ive ever seen it, Arthur Smith finished 7-10 in all three of his seasons and the Falcons ended up with the 8th pick in the draft each time. Pretty insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back