Fantasy 2024 - Empire League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a few more things to do to have the site fully ready, but the new league page is open....

======================

From the league Home page, the faq listed below calendar...we are in the following stage...

MARCH to APRIL -- Re-Signings

• Off-Contract Player Spreadsheet
  • When a rostered player reaches 0 years contract he becomes a RFA.
  • Create cap space by not re-signing unwanted RFAs.
  • The spreadsheet lists all these RFA rookies and vets.
    • Elect (no max) rookies to re-sign for 1-2 years contract.
    • Elect (max 2) vets to re-sign for 2-3 years contract.
    • Elect (max 1) vet to give a 1 year Exclusive Tag to, which cannot be given two years in a row to the same player. The cost of an exclusive tag is the same as the player's salary. This player remains on your roster, he does not enter the auction.
    • Elect (max 1) vet to give a Non-Exclusive Tag to, and a draft round grade for him - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
  • This represents a draft pick traded to you if he signs with a new team during the auction. If he doesn't attract a bid he returns to your roster on a 1 year contract.
  • RFAs on a salary of $6m+ that are released and sign with a new team in the auction earn you a compensatory draft pick.
  • Compensatory draft picks are placed at the end of the 2nd round and ordered from highest to lowest salary.

======================

Spreadsheet containing all your off-contract rookies and vets....(note: players in red bold are those who cannot be given an exclusive tag to again).

Exclusive = one year contract, remains on roster, doesnt go into auction, you pay a salary cap hit equal to his salary.

Non-Exclusive = you assign him a draft round grade, he goes into the auction, you dont bid on your own tagged player, but you get to Pass or Match whatever auction bid he might attract. Pass meaning you get the teams draft pick. Match meaning you get to re-sign player for a new 3 yr contract PLUS cap hit of whatever the winning bid amount was.

Looking back over last years thread and yes, we did 3 re-signs and 1 franchise tag equal to the cost of the player (manager chose draft round grade and the player was available to bid on in the auction) for vets. Just keep it like that GG.

Looking back over last years thread and yes, we did 3 re-signs and 1 franchise tag equal to the cost of the player (manager chose draft round grade and the player was available to bid on in the auction) for vets. Just keep it like that GG.
i remember why i changed it that are better.

1...people were never seeing the second tagged player on the embedded image above the auction page. And often bidding on a tagged player they didnt realize was tagged.

2...added wrinkle to tags, having one that just stays on roster for a year like a proper franchise tag, and one that is able to test the market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading that first page of the 2023 thread we already changed it last year to 3 vets and 1 non-exclusive tag.

And you agreed with me why the change due to people bidding on tagged players bot seeing the second row of them.

Only difference this year....

Instead of three vets to re-sign and one non-exclusive....two re-sign, 1 exclusive, 1 non-exclusive....still total four vets, but a better wrinkle this way than 2023

i remember why i changed it that are better.

1...people were never seeing the second tagged player on the embedded image above the auction page. And often bidding on a tagged player they didnt realize was tagged.

2...added wrinkle to tags, having one that just stays on roster for a year like a proper franchise tag, and one that is able to test the market

I planned my roster and cuts around being able to re-sign 3 vets to a 3 year deal. I can't remember these changes being mentioned anywhere. If it was mentioned and agreed to I'm happy to be corrected, just show me the posts.

I planned my roster and cuts around being able to re-sign 3 vets to a 3 year deal. I can't remember these changes being mentioned anywhere. If it was mentioned and agreed to I'm happy to be corrected, just show me the posts.
Well hang on and let me see. Have to halt all the 2024 set up i have to do to trace this.

I can get rid of the exclusive thing... im not so hung up on it, its just a fun wrinkle. As you DO still get to keep three vets, its just one of them only for 1 yr. While you still get a vet you can shop in auction.
Yeah, do your wrinkles and experiments on the other league.

Ok, updated.....

MARCH to APRIL -- Re-Signings

• Off-Contract Player Spreadsheet
  • When a rostered player reaches 0 years contract he becomes a RFA.
  • Create cap space by not re-signing unwanted RFAs.
  • The spreadsheet lists all these RFA rookies and vets.
    • Elect (no max) rookies to re-sign for 1-2 years contract.
    • Elect (max 3) vets to re-sign for 2-3 years contract.
    • Elect (max 1) vet to give a Franchise Tag to, and a draft round grade for him - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
  • This represents a draft pick traded to you if he signs with a new team during the auction. If he doesn't attract a bid he returns to your roster on a 1 year contract plus a franchise tag cap hit equel to his salary.
  • RFAs on a salary of $6m+ that are released and sign with a new team in the auction earn you a compensatory draft pick.
  • Compensatory draft picks are placed at the end of the 2nd round and ordered from highest to lowest salary.

Note on the spreadsheet....

Players whose NEW SALARY is highlighted in a color, are those with a new salary over 6m, which means if you elect to let them go into the auction as free agents, which means you can also bid on them, and someone else ends up winning them, not you, then you receive a compensatory 2nd round draft pick that is placed at the end of the 2nd round....so 2.17, etc.

Rookies:

Gonzalez 2
Palmer 2
Phillips 2
Waddle 2
Baringer Undecided, will get back to you

Vets:

Wilkins 3
Burns 3
Metellus 3

FT:

Luvu 2nd