AE 2009 - Armchair Endzone Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AE Next Duel Conferences/Divisions confirmation

When someone gets some time can you just explain the full rules etc for FEATURE GAMES.
Who picks what games will be featured for the week etc etc.

Re: Armchair Endzone (2009) - Discussion

I have heard around the traps about this Wizard character, very knowledgable from what i understand and is going to be very tough to beat in this competition.
Rumour has it he has been working closely with George Costanza during the off-season gearing up his beloved Wizards Warriors for FF seasons and has been in heavy training for this competition.

Don't want to scare anyone but i believe he's the man to beat.

the most annoying merkin on the forum. been so much better around here since his red card. the G shouldve reached into his top pocket a long time ago...:p

Deacon Jones Division is littered with bigfooty heavyweights. Just a matter of who comes out the strongest....

muscle+men.jpg

The only "problem" I have is that Joe Namath is overrated. He's somehow a HOFer for what? Compare Ken Stabler's record/stats/achievments with Namaths....how is Stabler not in, but Namath in the HOF?

The travesty continues in AE! Gonna make sure if I ever play anyone from that division, I'm gonna take extra attention in beating you. Given that there are two Raider fans in that division, being put under the Namath division must upset a little too.

Joe Willie is a Superbowl hero, G.....and superbowl heros deserve to be recognised too.

you cant gloss over what he ended up doing for pro-football. He took a team from a so-called inferior and upstart league (remember this is prior to the merger) and created the greatest boilover in football history by helping the Jets defeat the greatest team of the era. It gave the AFL, the merger, and the new NFL enormous credibility at the time.

So one game got him a HOF? I doubt that its that important, given how much bigger role guys like Hank Stram and Lamar Hunt and Al Davis played in the merger.

Still overrated imo. As a QB he wasn't that good, and if you're going off of onfield performance, someone like Ken Stabler was better than him in every category.

Im not dissing the Jets or Jets fans in this, just touching on Namath himself irrespective of which team he may have played for.

sweet.

i get juddy and rory.........the two guys ive had the most run ins with on this forum.

and there's some friendy rivalry with ndg, with him playing football in SA.

you've done your homework again Woodson. :thumbsu:

bring it on bi-atch :cool:

Joe Willie is a Superbowl hero, G.....and superbowl heros deserve to be recognised too.

you cant gloss over what he ended up doing for pro-football. He took a team from a so-called inferior and upstart league (remember this is prior to the merger) and created the greatest boilover in football history by helping the Jets defeat the greatest team of the era. It gave the AFL, the merger, and the new NFL enormous credibility at the time.

I love Namath as a character of the game. But as a QB he is incredibly overrated. His career QB rating is 65.5 which ranks him 171st alltime. He is very lucky to be in the Hall of Fame.

SuperBowl hero? He won the MVP in SuperBowl 3 based on what? He was 17 of 28 for 206 yards, no TDs. Matt Snell should have won the MVP. Or even Randy Beverly.

He made the 'guarantee' and thats what gives him his mythos, not to mention his character off-field. And yes, the Jets upset the Colts which gave the AFL much needed credibility, and was one of many events that propelled the leagues toward merger.

Also, the Colts werent the greatest team of the era. Prior to SuperBowl 3, all they had won was the NFL title in 1958 and 1959, ten years earlier. The Packers were the dominant team of the era, winning the NFL title in 1961, 1962, 1965 and the SuperBowls in 1966 and 1967.

Joe Namath is a legend of the game for making 'the guarantee' and his profile and charisma off-field. But as a player he is overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1967 Namath became the first QB since the NFLs inception (1920) to break 4000 yards in a season, and the only until 1977. His career QB ranking is 24th from the Dead-Ball Era, which is average in comparison to some of the QBs who didn't make the hall of fame, but the 171st ranking is skewed by the favour the passing side of the ball has been given post 1977.

Of course, in the scheme of actual QB performances, he was average and is overrated. But he was the figurehead when a team made the AFL something when it was pretty much a joke to most.

He 'deserves' a division named after for that, alas....

Anyway, back to the AE!

His career QB ranking is 24th from the Dead-Ball Era, which is average in comparison to some of the QBs who didn't make the hall of fame, but the 171st ranking is skewed by the favour the passing side of the ball has been given post 1977.

Yep, thanks for that Zarko. I forgot to mention his ranking amongst QBs of his era prior to '77. Here's a link to an article on Dead-Ball era QBs for anybody interested.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/7_2282_Dead_Ball_Era_career_passer_rating_leaders.html

He was indeed symbolic of the era and of the changing nature of the sport, and the influence that the AFL had brought upon the game, particularly on the offensive side. His 4007 yard in '67 is evidence of that transition.

But like you say, he's still overrated even in the dead-ball era.

Now back to AE, can someone tell me the name of my conference and division. For some reason, the tables that Woodson posted arent loading on my page. Thanks.

Yep, thanks for that Zarko. I forgot to mention his ranking amongst QBs of his era prior to '77. Here's a link to an article on Dead-Ball era QBs for anybody interested.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/7_2282_Dead_Ball_Era_career_passer_rating_leaders.html

He was indeed symbolic of the era and of the changing nature of the sport, and the influence that the AFL had brought upon the game, particularly on the offensive side. His 4007 yard in '67 is evidence of that transition.

But like you say, he's still overrated even in the dead-ball era.

Now back to AE, can someone tell me the name of my conference and division. For some reason, the tables that Woodson posted arent loading on my page. Thanks.
Derrick Thomas Division in the John Elway Conference.
Other people, 11sjw-Mizza-BurningLevi-BigMicka-Haterade-Tcol-SBlack

So one game got him a HOF? I doubt that its that important, given how much bigger role guys like Hank Stram and Lamar Hunt and Al Davis played in the merger.

Still overrated imo. As a QB he wasn't that good, and if you're going off of onfield performance, someone like Ken Stabler was better than him in every category.

Im not dissing the Jets or Jets fans in this, just touching on Namath himself irrespective of which team he may have played for.

no, i meant based on the events of superbowl 3, and the cred the Jets gave to the AFL and the merger, he deserved to get an AE division nomination.

i tend to agree with you that over the course of his career, he was average. But he still a part of football folklore.

JOHN ELWAY CONFERENCE
Derrick Thomas Division
11sjw
BigMicka
BurningLeviathan
Clash Hendrix
Goedy
Haterade
SBlack
TCol

Anthony Munoz Division
Chism
Footylover18
Matt897
Mordikai
Reacher
Stinger

Bruce Smith Division
Albertonrob
Chris25
Hunt ers
Larkis
Marklar
Mr E
Riggy
Warney

FORREST GREGG CONFERENCE
John Mackey Division
Juddy_like
McGarnacle
NDG
Oscarman
Rory
Your Not Me

Earl Campbell Division
Balmainforever
Galactic
GeeCats
Showbag
STKO
Sven
WADW
Woodson

Joe Nameth Division
Apex
Island Bomber
Manureid
Moo
Peterbuch
Marcuz

BILL WALSH CONFERENCE
Steve Largent Division
Arakaan
Bloods
Neddy
TGBB
Wizard
Wolfmother

Deacon Jones Division
Cassius
Danielz
GG
Jeff Dunne
Redragger
Superfreak
TacHawks
Zarko

Art Monk Division
Camsmith
Crowman
Dspeed
Fuey
Meltiger
Statsman

Next year, Woodson, give me the honor of naming the divisions and conferences. I wanna do something different.....naming them all after the biggest busts in NFL folklore.
Can't have nine divisions named after Russel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back