Remove this Banner Ad

matty_boy08

All Australian
Feb 24, 2008
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool & Miami Heat
What does everyone think of adding a new team next year?
I would'nt mind a new one for bulldogs supporters.
seeing as how there isnt one.
Get your thoughts.:thumbsu:

Well maybe just backing it in would be good so i can get the team up and running you can always join later on.
I need about 20 more boys to fill the team
but i hope this gets the nod

No. How many affiliated teams do we have now?

Why would we need another team when we could barely sustain a non affiliated one last year.
The main reason why i want to start a new one is to get some doggies supporters playing this game i was on the doggies thread and most people dont even know what this game is?

So get them in to a different team. A new team creates uneven numbers, and drains the league of more players. I'd rather every team has 10 posting players with one less team than every team having 7 posting players because there's an extra.

Fair enough.
I see where your coming from and there is alot of UNACTIVE players in this game.
but i thought it might be an idea since theres no doggies.
No harm in asking true?

In all fairness its very true about the number of dogs who know about this. i posted on the dogs board and the only responses i got were 'i have know idea what it is' and 'is it like dream team i always do terrible on those things' and 'yeah me too'. If starting a new dogs team got more people to join it would not drain the league of players at all.

With Wally, no go for me.

The uneven numbers in the comp would mean a bye or the comeback of the AFL Allstars, in conjunction with the Shagons merger at the start of this season (a couple of months ago), it doesn't seem the best move at the minute.

With Wally, no go for me.
Any reason mate?
just want to get everyones perspective on it?

I understand that there will be uneven teams. but i looked through this sub forum
and there seems to be a new hawks team starting up?
so that would make it 18 with my team aswell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMAO sorry boys.
my mistake i looked through the teams didnt see a hawks must ov over looked em..
SORRY!
well in that case it would leave un even teams.

Lol,
Sorry mate.
Whats the difference between affliated and un-affilated?
Does it really make that much of a difference?

Not bulldogs only but predominatly bulldogs supporters.
to get them involved in the game.

5.6: New Clubs: Anybody wishing to enter a new side into the Sweet F.A. must apply to be admitted into the Sweet F.A. The new clubs must have:
- a nominated Captain
- unique club colours and mascot
- a nominated home ground
- a basic logo/emblem and jumper design
- a minimum of 15 players at the time of application
- a minimum of 20 players by the start of the Preseason Cup.

Any club not meeting the following criteria will not be admitted. No club will be admitted once a season has commenced. The “off season” is deemed to be from the day after the Sweet F.A. Grand Final and the 31st January the following year.
Applications can be made during a season but the new club will not be admitted until the following year. The Administrator will have the final say on all applications.

really if the new club has the listed requirements filled, then only TFULA can reject the application.

I'd say no because there's more important teams to look after at the moment(roys and bombers, unless bombers have gotten superactive recently...?).

I also don't think we need another team as of yet.

I've been asked a couple of times, both by TBNB, and now by Matty, about the possibility of creating a new team.

My flat-out answer is to say I don't think we need another team/s, but if we were, they would NOT be affiliated teams.

With your starting point, Matt, trying to draw Bulldogs fans to the game, there's a hell of a lot of fans from all 16 clubs who don't know about the game. If we were to bring a team in for each of them we'd have 20 + teams.

Also, the problem with affiliated teams is that if things go wrong, you're short of numbers, you have to wait for more Bulldogs fans to show up. This problem is one that the Bombers are encountering at the moment.

We've got 8 teams at the moment, and I'd like to expand at some stage, but only when each team has at least 12 active posters.

I've been asked a couple of times, both by TBNB, and now by Matty, about the possibility of creating a new team.

My flat-out answer is to say I don't think we need another team/s, but if we were, they would NOT be affiliated teams.

With your starting point, Matt, trying to draw Bulldogs fans to the game, there's a hell of a lot of fans from all 16 clubs who don't know about the game. If we were to bring a team in for each of them we'd have 20 + teams.

Also, the problem with affiliated teams is that if things go wrong, you're short of numbers, you have to wait for more Bulldogs fans to show up. This problem is one that the Bombers are encountering at the moment.

We've got 8 teams at the moment, and I'd like to expand at some stage, but only when each team has at least 12 active posters.
It is an affliated club but it can have other members from other teams.
I would've called the team Western Bulldogs so that bulldogs members know that we are based on the western bulldogs team.

If other people were to join i would say yes to them. aswell
because we all know only about 1/3 of a team posts in these forums.

and if my team was made up of only doggies supporters then it would be preety hard to get 20-25 new players.

But i see where your coming from.:thumbsu:

It is an affliated club but it can have other members from other teams.
I would've called the team Western Bulldogs so that bulldogs members know that we are based on the western bulldogs team.

If other people were to join i would say yes to them. aswell
because we all know only about 1/3 of a team posts in these forums.

and if my team was made up of only doggies supporters then it would be preety hard to get 20-25 new players.

But i see where your coming from.:thumbsu:

See the thing is we have BigFooty Bombers, Geelong Gumbies, EastSide Hawks, Mount Buller Demons, and WestCoast Wonders who sound affiliated.

None of them are. In fact, the most West coast supporters are located at East Side.

BigFooty Bombers are the most affiliated of the lot with only 1 non-Bomber supporter on the team.

The only affiliated team is the fighting Furies - Richmond supporters team. We allow Richmond supporters only into the team - but I'll talk to Hougs about changing that.

I would allow a new team - possibly the something Bulldogs but not the Western Bulldogs. Understand?

Back