Debutant
Nov 24, 2007
Australasia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Development of Jarrad Grant
Sun Herald -by Mark Stevens -
April 23, 2010 12:00AM

"It was very clear a while ago that Matthew Kreuzer, Trent Cotchin and Cale Morton were going to be three players gone before our pick (No. 5)," Clayton said at the time.
"If Jarrad Grant's not the next best player after them, then I'll swim to Williamstown from here."
Clayton, now Gold Coast recruiting boss, chuckled last night about the quote resurfacing, but he's not about to back down.
"It's not about the player that plays first, it's about the player who plays longest," Clayton said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/development-of-jarrad-grant/story-e6frf9if-1225857153394

I think someone is going to get wet. I hope it is me and not Clayton

Good to see, although i still think he is 1 - 2 years off marking a mark in the seniors

"If Jarrad Grant's not the next best player after them, then I'll swim to Williamstown from here."

Hmmm...Really have to doubt this guy sometimes??

Rhyce palmer (7), Patrick dangerfield (10), Rioli (12), Harry Taylor (17), Tayte Pears (23).

Get ur togs out scotty!!!

All i have to say is Rioli... I can't believe we could let a player similar to the Buddy draft slip again....

Yes i know at the time we where screaming Key forward.. But he is not the answer.. I hope i can eat my words by the way...

All i have to say is Rioli... I can't believe we could let a player similar to the Buddy draft slip again....

Yes i know at the time we where screaming Key forward.. But he is not the answer.. I hope i can eat my words by the way...

Come on, there would have been riots if we'd drafted small again.....

Keep your fingers, toes and other appendages crossed for him....

According to 3AW just got the goal of the day - lazy pick-up, turn and goal. Wish I could see it!:)

That honour should go to Dangerfield for that run, broken tackle, bounce, dummy then goal.

Grants was good play by a big man, though. Was barely a pick up and turn, was almost a pick-up and kick in the same motion around the corner.

His quick hands were what impressed me most, a couple of those quick pick up and handballs were almost crossy-esque!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One knock on him is the fact that he is the strangest looking human being I have ever seen. Not going to be good for his marketability.

His quick hands were what impressed me most, a couple of those quick pick up and handballs were almost crossy-esque!

Beat me to it.

His hands tonight were outstanding. He needs to learn to get in goal scoring positions a bit more and obviously he needs a bit more strength for that first touch in marking contests. But his effort tonight was good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back