😲 Umpire appointments & discussion - Rounds 0, 1,2 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

still can't believe there are Richmond fans that think there is nothing wrong with the way we have been umpired for 7 years

If you took a minute to watch more than just our games, you’d see the same s**t happens in most games. It’s not a conspiracy against us

If you took a minute to watch more than just our games, you’d see the same s**t happens in most games. It’s not a conspiracy against us
Yeah I watch plenty of neutral games cause of SuperCoach, and I do agree that umpiring in general is terrible. But I haven't seen any other team cop it from the umps as consistently as us and for so long, especially when specific umpires always seem to hate us.

When we were winning flags we still got reamed and melted about it but we were that good that it rarely ever had an impact on the outcome of a game.

Now that we are past our prime and are back with the rest of pack, the constant frees or 50s being called against us but never our way kills our momentum and brings our opponents back in to the game.
Perfect example is the game against the demons towards the end of last season. We started off great but whenever we got out to a 2-3 goal lead, the umps would gift Melbourne cheap frees or 50s and give them the chance to get on top. By the 4th quarter we were cooked mentally and physically and let them run away with the win.

Yeah I watch plenty of neutral games cause of SuperCoach, and I do agree that umpiring in general is terrible. But I haven't seen any other team cop it from the umps as consistently as us and for so long, especially when specific umpires always seem to hate us.

When we were winning flags we still got reamed and melted about it but we were that good that it rarely ever had an impact on the outcome of a game.

Now that we are past our prime and are back with the rest of pack, the constant frees or 50s being called against us but never our way kills our momentum and brings our opponents back in to the game.
Perfect example is the game against the demons towards the end of last season. We started off great but whenever we got out to a 2-3 goal lead, the umps would gift Melbourne cheap frees or 50s and give them the chance to get on top. By the 4th quarter we were cooked mentally and physically and let them run away with the win.
I can’t forget the game against Hawthorn which at half time was 12-1 in their fa our and O’Gorman had paid 11 the other was OOTF so tell me again why I shouldn’t be concerned , when you to a game and sit there and watch who pays frees there is something fundamentally wrong with the game

I can’t forget the game against Hawthorn which at half time was 12-1 in their fa our and O’Gorman had paid 11 the other was OOTF so tell me again why I shouldn’t be concerned , when you to a game and sit there and watch who pays frees there is something fundamentally wrong with the game
I remember a Hawks game at the G when we got absolutely towellred by the umpires ,then we got a free and the Hawks fans called the umps cheats lmao.

5 X 50 m penalties to ☀️
57 X Frees to ☀️

3 free kicks to 🐯 in the first half before ending the game with 11
CFL boy's club raced in O'Gorman so brace yourselves Tiger Army.
New CEO ,the boy's club puppet.
No wonder they did not want Benny in there.
He woulda turned the boy's club brothel upside down!

I remember a Hawks game at the G when we got absolutely towellred by the umpires ,then we got a free and the Hawks fans called the umps cheats lmao.
Might have been the same game I was talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever noticed liquids and sprays that kill germs all kill 99.9% of them. Never more never less. Coincidence it is the same as this issue?
Dont think so. But the 0.1% of germs left over are obviously the most unhealthy for people and resistant to real changes in their environment.

Last edited:
Part of it, it seems, is a general refusal to play for free-kicks. it must be part of our culture even across coaches, the boys just refuse to dip into tackles and do all the shady tricks you see modern players do that attract frees. Genuinely believe other teams train it. Yze might've brough a bit of this across from the Dees will be interesting to see.

Anyone prepared to make a bold call on where Richmond ends up after tonights game on the free kick differential ladder? Only a 1 in 6 (16%) chance we are the end up on the bottom by end of the game. Surely not?

Free Kick differential ladder 2024:-

Carlton 20-16 (+4)
Melbourne 24-21 (-3)
Sydney 21-24 (-3)
Brisbane 16-20 (-4)
Richmond ????

Was at Windy Hill the other day and this old guy who is a staunch Bombers fan see's my Tigers hat and comes up to me for a chat. He wished me luck against the GCS but then went on to say the AFL want GCS to win now and will do everything they can including having the umpires give them easy free kicks. And he's not even a Tigers fan.

As soon as I saw we had O'Gorman I thought he's right you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back