Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty I have no problem with Grigg as a footballer as long as he gets dropped when he runs into some poor form , Chappy the same but if we were implementing a no dick head policy like the Swans did in the early 2000's they'd be out the door today with Newman.

Not convinced he is a dickhead. I am convinced he isn't the future and could well be holding a kid back from developing while still providing a similar output (sometimes more, sometimes less) to what Newy currently is....

Well why are you talking about promoting 100 sponsors ? Your not making sense. It's obviously a light hearted video that went bad and needed to be edited and wasn't . Have a coffee , drink some water or have a shower before you post drunk .
YEh it was me. Hand is up.

It was said in the context of JR/players saying something positive about the immense appreciation they have for everything that the sponsors kick in, great to see them all there tonight, great to catch up and chat etc etc. that's what I meant by promoting.
Sorry Flea, Rusty...now back into it you two.

Where did you get your 100 from ? Even by reading Livos post your not making sense . The video only went for about 6 minutes . You couldn't even run 100 sponsors names through on a credits real in 6 minutes
So do you see why i stated the promoting of sponsors on the vid? 44 players with an ave of 2 sponsors each approx which is how I got to 100( I said about). The last bit is exactly why I stated we don't promote sponsors on this video as you rightly state there is no time, which was my point.

So do you see why i stated the promoting of sponsors on the vid? 44 players with an ave of 2 sponsors each approx which is how I got to 100( I said about). The last bit is exactly why I stated we don't promote sponsors on this video as you rightly state there is no time, which was my point.
Nah your back tracking , if your not drinking you'd have said 88 not 100 cause you love your stats and in my opinion are very good at them .

Nah your back tracking , if your not drinking you'd have said 88 not 100 cause you love your stats and in my opinion are very good at them .
haha talk about back tracking, you were wrong when you didn't understand the original conversation with Liv, yet nothing. No backtracking at all. Sorry mate, but when I said 100 it WAS because I had 2 sponsors per player plus another 12 because there is mostly more per player than that( how many posters go in for our BF players?). Nothing sinister happening here. I don't love stats at all and don't know why you said that.

haha talk about back tracking, you were wrong when you didn't understand the original conversation with Liv, yet nothing. No backtracking at all. Sorry mate, but when I said 100 it WAS because I had 2 sponsors per player plus another 12 because there is mostly more per player than that( how many posters go in for our BF players?). Nothing sinister happening here. I don't love stats at all and don't know why you said that.
Come on Flea you know your numbers and rules and regs and your good at them. Don't be so humble . If anyone has a question on here about lists ,list dates , rookies , promotions etc you'll have the answer . I've gotta go know and watch Malthouses press conference . Have a good night !

Grigg plays well in our wins and poorly in our losses (in general, I'm sure there are exceptions to both).

Well off the topic of how Newman's going, but I was pondering this today myself. Grigg plays his best 2 games for the year (maybe the last 2 seasons?), and we have two good wins. Unsighted against the Dogs and Melbourne. Is he a chicken or an egg?

Well off the topic of how Newman's going, but I was pondering this today myself. Grigg plays his best 2 games for the year (maybe the last 2 seasons?), and we have two good wins. Unsighted against the Dogs and Melbourne. Is he a chicken or an egg?

Honestly not sure.... maybe it's work-rate. When he works hard, he plays better. When he plays better it helps us win? Vice-versa....

He is a gut-running mid, so when he doesn't gut run he loses his most effective weapon....

With Grigg and like the RFC, I believe it is all in the head....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newy to miss another 1 or two weeks with a groin injury. Imo this is his last year.
I like him.......but for the good of our list it not only needs to be his last year, but also just a backstop for when C Eliis, Menadue, McDonough, Conca, Lambert and even Arnott if they are not doing well enough or injured.

Welcome back newy

Got to admit he needs a good game tonight and the next game. Or it's out until the gifted farewell game.

There is no way he will not be gifted a farewell game regardless of our situation. That said, hopefully he's still in the team on good form for the rest of the year.
Was Ryan O'Keefe gifted a farewell game at Sydney, Sewell at Hawthorn, team who are serious dont do these things UNLESS thay are out of the race for the flag...

Now you nor I don't have to like it, but if the club are serious, thats exactly how it should play out!

Was Ryan O'Keefe gifted a farewell game at Sydney, Sewell at Hawthorn, team who are serious dont do these things UNLESS thay are out of the race for the flag...

Now you nor I don't have to like it, but if the club are serious, thats exactly how it should play out!

I agree should be played purely on merits. Tonight's a big one for him. Much needed inclusion against the swans

Any thoughts on what constitutes a pass-mark for Newman against the Swans?

Obviously depends on where he plays, but I suspect he'll be played high HF, so I'd be looking for one goal (minimum), a couple of assists, 15 plus disposals and 3 or 4 tackles.

Putting a positive spin on it, he is experienced and team-oriented, so could really set up a few blokes around him with some cunning blocks and his reliable disposal.

Putting a negative spin on it, he really needs to play better than we could reasonably expect McDonough or Lennon would.

Any thoughts on what constitutes a pass-mark for Newman against the Swans?

Obviously depends on where he plays, but I suspect he'll be played high HF, so I'd be looking for one goal (minimum), a couple of assists, 15 plus disposals and 3 or 4 tackles.

Putting a positive spin on it, he is experienced and team-oriented, so could really set up a few blokes around him with some cunning blocks and his reliable disposal.

Putting a negative spin on it, he really needs to play better than we could reasonably expect McDonough or Lennon would.

I'd be ok with less disposals and 2-3 goals. He's certainly capable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back