Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the split it was easy enough for most people with little knowledge of the area to assume that all Sudanese were alike. When most Australians talk about the Sudanese its almost always Dinka.

I agree with Hearts to hearts its great to be better informed, the more insight you can give us the better.

We'll just have to work on getting you to ditch the Navy for the Royal Blue and White ;)

You know you want to.

Majak himself would hate that, he's South Sudanese (dinka to be exact) who really really don't get along with Northern Sudanese (Nubians). Sorry to be pedantic :oops:

Don't be sorry, as an avid reader of the Sudan Tribune I worked out pretty quick that the North and the relatively newly formed South aint mates.I do wonder though whether South Sudan was a Sydney recruiting zone and we've stolen another one? I mean just like Longmire and Carey.

Now when I came across the article which now is available for all to read on the end of every post I make. What struck me was it was next to an article including pic of two young boys beaming as they proudly stood next their brand spanking new anti aircraft gun.Which was clearly purchased via some kind of community benefit program!

Anyone who thinks there's nothing amazing about Majak's life is a complete and utter *en idiot, I mean *en idiot- *!!

How to kick a banana.

Two weeks in a row he has hit a drop punt from tight angles and made a mess of all of them.

He needs to practice them after training. Should really have 5-6 goals after his first 2 games...

It's a confidence thing. The bloke can seriously kick. Probably doesn't want to be 'to cute' or showing any party tricks so early. It will come. Should just kick through it rather than stabbing at it from close range.

He is human, he must be nervous when lining up. Needs game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could have kicked 3 goals today despite a very very crowded forward line. If he has delivery we will see the best of him.

Expectation will always stay high with him, simply because of the aura that goes with his story.

Hansen would have been better.

In 3 weeks time people will agree with me.

There's far too much wank factor attached to snippets of highlights and VFL form.

There's far too much wank factor attached to snippets of highlights and VFL form.

This. Lots.

I doubt Hansen would have done any better in those situations where it was getting bombed on his head...probably would have been closer with his goal kicking though

Hawthorn played Majak very well , as they should as one of the benchmark teams . They cut of his run at the bounces and thinking trying to bomb kicks on Majak's head is a bit simplistic , he also misjudged the fall of the ball a few times . Having said that Daw and Black could well be the future , in the next 10 rounds Petrie , Daw , Black and Thomas given the chance could cause some real damage .
4-1
5-1
3-1
4-2
5-1
Lindsay Thomas has been nothing short of awesome

Majak had the L plates on today. We have to expect him to make soem mistakes as he's learning.

Maybe that's just a price we have to pay.

But the thought occurred to me during the 3rd 1/4 : I reckon Hansen would have got 2 or 3 goals from the same opportunities.

(ducks for cover..................)

You honestly think so?

Hawthorn played Majak very well , as they should as one of the benchmark teams . They cut of his run at the bounces and thinking trying to bomb kicks on Majak's head is a bit simplistic , he also misjudged the fall of the ball a few times . Having said that Daw and Black could well be the future , in the next 10 rounds Petrie , Daw , Black and Thomas given the chance could cause some real damage .
4-1
5-1
3-1
4-2
5-1
Lindsay Thomas has been nothing short of awesome
Kicked 4-2 last week. Get rid of.

From memory both Maj and Drew contesting for the marks in the first half. Needs to find that chemistry with Drew, it'll come with more game experience. I did like Brad's positioning of Maj as a deep forward, plenty of space to out mark or out run his opponent.

When it clicks, it's gonna be good to watch.

A good learning experience for Maj. Hard to mark it when its sitting on your head all the time, if he gets a running jump at it with some space he'll be dangerous going forward.
But I think he'll make way for Tarrant and I hope Black gets a chance now. Maj might have to make way.

Yes Hansen would have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and torn the game apart. Hansen has been that damn good this season he would have been the difference. Lachie would have taken Lake and Gibson to the cleaners. The guy is a champion. :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back