Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

If he played for Collingwood he'd not only have a regular spot on The Footy Show, he'd have his own friggin show and be worshipped by the media.
Ben Cunnington's Fishing Adventures.

Makes kicking a checkside/banana goal look as easy as shelling peas :thumbsu:

One of the highlights of the arvo I reckon. Looked to dish off. Reassessed as time was ticking. Held the ball for a banana attempt, looked up and casually walked forth to bang it through. Blighty would've been happy to see him kick it high too, as he often said that's the technique which is the correct one, rather than those you see who try to spear it through half post high.

One of the highlights of the arvo I reckon. Looked to dish off. Reassessed as time was ticking. Held the ball for a banana attempt, looked up and casually walked forth to bang it through. Blighty would've been happy to see him kick it high too, as he often said that's the technique which is the correct one, rather than those you see who try to spear it through half post high.
So casual about it all, won't die of stress this bloke.

Loved the little cheeky smile he gives Dal when they come together for the high-five too, as if to say "that's as easy as taking wheat off a blind chook"

This man is the epitome of 'clutch' and 'enormous'. Pivotal to our finals chances, and I suspect if Goldy wasn't in the team, he'd be in line for another North B&F

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunday 3.20pm @ the MCG - centre stage is all yours my boy!

Was it Martin that tried to 'don't argue' Cunners a couple of years ago, only for Ben to grab his arm and pull him into a 'holding the ball' tackle?

Was it Martin that tried to 'don't argue' Cunners a couple of years ago, only for Ben to grab his arm and pull him into a 'holding the ball' tackle?
You could be right, he ripped Dusty's arm out of the socket and whacked him with the soggy end

The stage is set for Ben this week. Obviously he needs a big game, and I'm talking 25+ disposals and hit the scoreboard, which I hardly think is unreasonable for a midfielder with his talent and where he is at with his development. Hope he spends a bit of time up forward with Ziebell to really stretch their defense.

The sort of player you just love to have on your team in finals. Massive final 3 quarters

One thing he needs to work on though. He ALWAYS looks to give off to the best option when he sometimes should go for the first option available. I guess that's what makes him such a good player cause he rarely wastes a disposal, but it really bites him in the ass at times. Could've cost us the game if the holding the ball was paid against him.

Solid game by Cunners.

Played 73% game time so will be nice and fresh. Some of his kicking was sublime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back