Past Player: Scott Selwood (2008 - 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

SELWOOD%20Scott.png

Details
Number
Height 186cm
Weight 86Kg
Games 135
Goals 37
DOB 27-03-1990
Debut 2008 Round 3 Vs Fremantle

Draft history: 2007 NAB AFL Draft 2nd round selection (West Coast) No. 22 overall.
Honours: 2012 best and fairest

Last edited:
banneravf.png

Scott 'Scooter' Selwood is a marvellous young talent who is now into his 5th year on the list of the West Coast Eagles at just 21 years of age. His main attributes are his amazing ability to tackle and destroy anything in his path, dominating the oppositions best midfielder week in week out while also having just as big an impact when it comes to attacking. After having a breakout season in 2011, Scooter is now one of the first players picked by the match committee every week because of his great consistency. He is now the best tackler and tagger in the AFL and is quickly gaining on his brother Joel in the race to become the better player of the two. Scooter will be looking forward to another great year and taking another step forward as he pushes to be the next captain of the club.

Stats: Scott Selwood's Career Highs

Disposals: 28 v Brisbane, 7th Aug 2010
Kicks: 14 v Brisbane, 7th Aug 2010
Handballs: 14 v Brisbane, 7th Aug 2010
Marks: 8 v Western Bulldogs, 30th Jul 2011
Goals: 3 v Adelaide, 3rd Sep 2011
Tackles: 14 v St Kilda, 16th Jul 2011

Second Round 2012 Nab Cup
West Coast v Port Adelaide
Time on Ground % - 55
Disposals - 17
Kicks - 8
Handballs - 9
Tackles - 3
DE % - 65
DreamTeam pts - 61

Selwood goes from hunter to the hunted

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/13085096/selwood-goes-from-hunter-to-the-hunted/

For 2 1/2 quarters, Scott Selwood was given a taste of what life would be like as an outright ball winner.

The 21-year-old came on as a substitute midway through the second quarter of Saturday's NAB Cup match against Port Adelaide in Mandurah.

"I got released a little bit today," Selwood said.

"We didn't really have any run-with players or anything, so I got to play my natural game a little bit.

"It was enjoyable, but I'm willing to do anything that Woosh wants me to do.

"My fitness has always been OK, but I've got fantastic players around me like Luke Shuey and Daniel Kerr doing their roles and also Matty Priddis has been fantastic. I'm just happy to slot in there somewhere."

He finished the year as the competition's leading tackler and shut down the likes of dual Brownlow medallist Chris Judd and rising Richmond star Trent Cotchin. - (The West)

Third Round 2012 Nab Cup
West Coast v St Kilda
Time on Ground % - 92
Disposals - 23
Kicks - 12
Handballs - 11
Tackles - 7
DE % - 74
DreamTeam pts - 120

Eagles fly into final

Midfielder Chris Masten (19 disposals and 10 tackles) continued his impressive pre-season to suggest he will be a consistent contributor in the Eagles' engine room this season, while Daniel Kerr (six clearances and a goal) and Scott Selwood (23 disposals) were influential.

More to come...

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/scott-the-best-selwood-175692

Saw this article by accident, thought I'd post it. Good to see he's getting the recognition he deserves!

Good read that, Scooter playing very good footy this year.

He had a great game against Brisbane in late 2010 that I think was a turning point for him, that period was probably a turning point for a few of them I reckon .

We didn't win a game of those final few but those losses did us more good than all the cheap wins at the end of 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, being Scooter's new sponsor, I thought I'd kick things off with some solid fact. A very reliable source in Broome told me that Scooter's going the extra mile this year and having skinny milk in his double shot latte every morning. If that's not commitment I don't know what is. *

*I don't know anyone in Broome, and this will become a quasi-serious thread when Bandy gets his s**t together and updates us.

So, being Scooter's new sponsor, I thought I'd kick things off with some solid fact. A very reliable source in Broome told me that Scooter's going the extra mile this year and having skinny milk in his double shot latte every morning. If that's not commitment I don't know what is. *

*I don't know anyone in Broome, and this will become a quasi-serious thread when Bandy gets his s**t together and updates us.

And as his sponsor next year you have to vote for him everyday in favourite player thread. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back