Traded 11. Darcy Lang (2014-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Adcock, Waters, Chaplin, Mundy would be the nice gets out of that lot.
IIRC, many were keen on Tenace before we got him.

I think Tenace was one of the few that we picked, who were rated at a young age but never developed enough to become a really good AFL player. He did still manage 59 games though, been plenty of others in the top 10 over the years for other teams who never achieved half of that. Our record in the first few drafts wasn't good either, thankfully a lot has changed since then.

Adcock, Waters, Chaplin, Mundy would be the nice gets out of that lot.
IIRC, many were keen on Tenace before we got him.
A few were pretty keen on himafter we had him for a couple of years as well.... shows it was obviously an easy mistake to make

A few were pretty keen on himafter we had him for a couple of years as well.... shows it was obviously an easy mistake to make

I really hoped we'd let him go to Melbourne instead of Moloney- Demons were keen.

So much angst over an 18 yr old who's only just been drafted...I really don't get some of you clowns, but you'll still applaud if/when he debuts and plays a decent game, even kick his first goal. Fickle is a word that comes to mind, even greed. Boy we've been fortunate to have won a few premierships over the course of the last 7 years.

Hear hear! We've won in seven years the number of premierships a statistician would expect to see in 54 years! But moreover - we're actually threatening for more!

I love my team and I trust them to make good choices

meto's completely lost it!

His predictions were way off and he can't take it. I fear for his safety, seems very emotional and all over the joint at present.
Maybe his son can keep an eye out for him, wouldn't hurt to be extra cautious.

...worth a read meto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andropause

We gave him a shoutout in the podcast - three times! Thought that might be enough to get him back on the rails...

Guess not.

Still yet to see them in the hoops (we will on Tuesday, along with Jumper numbers), but this is better than nothing!

1479503_724716237558188_566329284_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lang finished with 7 votes from 7 games in the Morrish Medal. Winner had 16 votes from 17(?) games.
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I reckon Darcy Lang looks a bit like Tom Liberatore. Hopefully he's just as good at finding the pill on the field and not as good off it.

had the same thought. Left thumb and forefinger ready for the pinch!

Lang finished with 7 votes from 7 games in the Morrish Medal. Winner had 16 votes from 17(?) games.
Sorry if this has been posted before.

No I had not read this before - good info and he obviously went alright when fit.

And there in is a lesson for a few posters on this Board.

People questioned Wells' selection at pick 23 over Darling - I know I did. At first Darling looked great and Guthrie was just finding his way.

Now we see why Wells went after Guthrie. I am not sure I can be as optimistic as MD but for sure he will be a good player and will get better next season as he gets more games and builds his body.

Enter Lang. I was a big Dunstan fan - but after my last lesson I will wait and see what happens. Lang could end up being some really reliable midfielder that we all come to respect and see as best 22 in 2-3 years. He could end up being the next Guthrie - and for 2 seasons quite a few were unsure if he was best 22 until mid season this year. Check the earlier posts.

So don't get ahead of yourselves Cats fans. Maybe we wanted Zac Jones and he went earlier - but that still meant that Wells had the choice of Dunstan and Acres and he said no thanks give me a bit of Land thankyou very much.

Now what does that say. He seriously believes that Lang will be as good, if not better than both these guys. And being a Falcon he must have seen a bit of him and heard a fair bit from the those at the Falcons about Darcy. Simply stated he thought Lang was a better bet than Acres and Dunstan.

Now from the reading of the papers and the phantom drafts, and that is where many of us get our info from, we find it hard to believe that Lang could be a better bet than Acres or Dunstan. But Wells has been in the caper for quite a long time and has info we don't get in the papers. He has shown quite often with re considered strange picks he is right.

The only question, which some have asked, would Darcy have been there at pick 36 and therefore we could have taken Acres for example ? Well GFC simply don't take risks like that obviously. Not big gamblers and that seems fair enough to me.

Darcy Lang is the man. I can remember Bartel being pretty ordinary in his first 20 or so games and he turned into a champion player. Rarely outstanding IMO but an incredibly consistent, good value player that worked very hard and stuck to the game plan. If Lang even gets close to being the reincarnation of Jimmy Bartel I am sure most of us will be jumping for joy.

I knew there was a reason why I voted you Best New Poster of the Year ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back