Player Watch #11: Jake Batchelor - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

If he can fix up his kicking he could have a career like Joel.
He's got a dodgy ball drop that needs to be looked at. Susceptible to pressure and windy conditions. Love his attack on the man and footy.

Reminds me a lot of Joel Bowden.
Very good 3rd man up. Very strong above his head.
If he can fix up his kicking he could have a career like Joel.

He reminded me of Joel Bowden early but now he is more like Joel Bowden style but only as good as Patrick. I hope he can redeem himself and become a good back man.

Probably my favourite player at the moment. Struggling a bit for form but he is one of the only guys in the team who will lay a bone crushing tackle or shepherd. If we had 5 more hard players like him In the team, other teams would fear us (rather than being a laughing stock). Keep him in the team I say.

Dimma said in his dissection this week half backs run 12-13km/game. Newy I reckon would be pumping out about 9-10. Not that much difference

Anyway regardless of how far they run their roles are very similar IMO.
Not that much difference ?????? It's a huge difference. Newman is a liability. This season Batchelor has not been a liability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah he wasn't bad....stupid free kicks against vlas, rance and houli gifted the roos goals. Otherwise defence wasn't too bad.
In all seriousness that first half was like having an hour long dentist appointment and the second half was like having an hour long proctologist appointment. How Hardwick can say our back line played well is nonsense on stilts.

I do understand he has to remain positive while his job and vision for the club slip away through inadequacy. He looked like he hadn't slept for 4 days on Dimmas dissection so I'm expecting a win on Sunday .

Five years on a list and he decides to get fit and do a preseason. What were our staff doing about it?
Tells you a lot about this club
Not Xxxxxxxxx professional at all let alone enough

So true. I found this bewildering

If the club allows this kind of mediocre thinking then what do you expect. We seem to do quite a few things at about 45-65% as good as the competition leaders.

He's been poor this year just like the rest of them plain and simple . Just another fluff piece by the club instead of demanding better.

When is it gonna stop ?
Probably when you start watching games and realise you're wrong :rolleyes:

I actually like batch but needs a little more polish and class. i give him a couple years and he just may turn into a joel bowden

I actually like batch but needs a little more polish and class. i give him a couple years and he just may turn into a joel bowden
I love the work he does off the ball, you could make a highlight package of his blocks and the work he does to let other players off.

Sad that we consider him the exception to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back