Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

What Darcy doesn’t realise cos he’s not very smart is he’s actually telling on himself.

What he’s saying is as long as you were a great or decent player with the right connections you can ride the gravy train in the media on a over inflated salary for the rest of your days.

Whereas Cornes who was a very good player but no star and not part of the boys club has had to make his name by actually watching 9 games a week, doing his research and having a strong opinion.

Darcy is threatened by this as he sits back eating his vanilla ice cream with vanilla topping with the rest of the 7 team. If management eventually wake up to how boring they all most of them will suddenly be unemployed and he is threaten by that deep down in the back of his mind but he wouldn’t be smart enough to actually realise this is where it comes from.

Was having some network issues on my phone so I pulled out the rough old work mobile to listen to the radio (wired earphones as antenna style) randomly scanned and it stopped on 87.6 MHz. Assuming Fm. It was SEN breakfast with Gary and Tim. No idea how. I live in rural Victoria and have always had to use the SEN app. It stayed on them until about 8ish then I think it was SEN track or something racing related. Is this a known thing or did I stumble across this little nugget
SEN have purchased a lot of stations/frequencies in regional areas. It would've been one of those.

Darcy is threatened by this as he sits back eating his vanilla ice cream with vanilla topping with the rest of the 7 team. If management eventually wake up to how boring they all most of them will suddenly be unemployed and he is threaten by that deep down in the back of his mind but he wouldn’t be smart enough to actually realise this is where it comes from.
Darcy is one of several who could be easily replaced and it would make NO difference. In fact, some people wouldn't even notice.

And aNOTHER thing: :tongueoutv1: he's one of those posers who loves to brag about his overseas, mid-season holiday. "Ah, yes, ah, Howie, ah, I was lucky enough to take the family to the South of Frarnce for a couple of weeks. That's right, I'm so rich and indispensable that I can visit one of the most exclusive places on Earth while you plebs had to stay here." :grinv1:

Last edited:
Was flicking around looking for a Sunday morning footy review show yesterday and stumbled upon yet more horse racing chat.

Only voice I could recognise (helped they called him by name) was that Miles bloke with the bogan SA accent who proceeded to tell listeners that 'there are some days where it's best to tell people not to bet'.

Given horse racing doesn't exist without betting and the amount of betting ads on SEN and the 'standing in the corner of a Pub TAB shouting and riding home your bets' vibe of SEN Track, it struck me as peak irony.

Was flicking around looking for a Sunday morning footy review show yesterday and stumbled upon yet more horse racing chat.

Only voice I could recognise (helped they called him by name) was that Miles bloke with the bogan SA accent who proceeded to tell listeners that 'there are some days where it's best to tell people not to bet'.

Given horse racing doesn't exist without betting and the amount of betting ads on SEN and the 'standing in the corner of a Pub TAB shouting and riding home your bets' vibe of SEN Track, it struck me as peak irony.
8That 11am to 12 on a Sunday is as low as it gets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite Darcy moment was about 15 years ago (whenever it was) when Terry Wallace's reputation was dogcrap after his coaching spell but doing media with Hutchy/SEN. Darcy had a crack at him at whatever station he was on. SEN gave Wallace a chance to respond, and he said something like, "Darcy wasn't the most courageous player I coached..."

Ooooof!!!
Darcy has parlayed a generally underwhelming playing career incredibly well into the media. Had one big season but the rest were standard. Considering the length of it, it's interesting how his playing side is almost never drawn upon by colleagues during games, unlike a Hodge, Richardson etc.

He won’t last long

Darcy has parlayed a generally underwhelming playing career incredibly well into the media. Had one big season but the rest were standard. Considering the length of it, it's interesting how his playing side is almost never drawn upon by colleagues during games, unlike a Hodge, Richardson etc.

Even many Dogs supporters think he's a pain in the a*** and completely up himself.

I typically listen to certain segments of certain programs in podcast form.

I have the day off.

I would never in my life have believed just how many ads there are unless I actually tuned in this morning. It is insanity.

You can flick between stations listen to a segment and SEN are still in an ad break or have gone to another. Then DerWayne at the end of his 3 hours pads the last five minutes with ads and plugs because he obviously CBA talking to the plebs a second longer.

You can flick between stations listen to a segment and SEN are still in an ad break or have gone to another. Then DerWayne at the end of his 3 hours pads the last five minutes with ads and plugs because he obviously CBA talking to the plebs a second longer.
Yeah I typically am flicking between stations if I'm in the car so never fully realised.

Yeah I typically am flicking between stations if I'm in the car so never fully realised.
I'm the same mostly. The other day they went to a break came back, news update filled with ads then back to a break it was like 15 mins of ads. The news update should be the break, especially if the news update is riddled with ads itself on the intro and exit. if it wasn't for podcast form I wouldn't be consuming SEN I don't think

I'm the same mostly. The other day they went to a break came back, news update filled with ads then back to a break it was like 15 mins of ads. The news update should be the break, especially if the news update is riddled with ads itself on the intro and exit. if it wasn't for podcast form I wouldn't be consuming SEN I don't think
AW is the same

Simon Hill was on with Dwayne, and Pipe starts talking about AFL. Thought that Simon's head was going to explode.

"With respect Dwyane, AFL is not my sport, I don't watch it".

Same applies for me with the A-League!
I heard that , he is probably the greatest waste of space on there , oops i forgot Luke ,Phitzner and Hargraves

I just watched it on youtube. Not one of Darcy's best moments, you could see the other four looking a bit uncomfortable.

I cross paths with Kane a fair bit. He is definitely very introverted but he is a good guy.

Darcy almost sounded bitter the way he kept saying Kane gets paid well for his opinions. I've never really picked up that Kane is about money, almost the opposite. He would be one of, if not the hardest working media people around in terms of research. Also the guys at Triple M are paid a load more than SEN.
Kane admitted the other day he doesn’t watch every game.
How can he be well researched if he’s not even watching every game?
A replay of a game minus breaks is 2hrs
if I was paid 500k+ and my profession was to comment and give insight of the game I would dig in for 9months and watch every game.
he’s all piss and wind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back