Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Life membership was at 150 games or 10 years service

It was why I was so shitty Harro never got a fairwell game and we stranded the bloke on 149 and 9 years

Hmm its interesting

Turtle played 141 games and was there 9 years and is a life member.

Harro played 149 games and was there 9 years and isn't.

Yep, as clear as mud. As I said, buggered if I know.

This crept up, great achievement by Lindsay.

Somehow I remember watching some SA u18 highlights in 2006 and noticed this kid who could just stand next to bigger opponents and the ball would somehow end up on his chest. He didn't seem fast or look very athletic but damn it the ball found him and he did good things with it.

Didn't know the same kid would end up with us and become a genuine North Melbourne person one day. Or that he'd have a hell of a lot of heart to go with the talent.

Lindsay seems to be a magnet for critics but those of us who value him see ability that you can't teach a lesser play.

You can train up a 6 foot 4 athlete all you want but at crunch time in a final it's players with innate talent like Lindsay Thomas who can turn a game on it's head. Plus his fistpump channels Arch - what's there no to like?

010413_thomas_ic.jpg

Congrats, Lindsay! Love the bloke. It's annoys me that pretty much everytime he has a set shot commentators mention his 'yips' which were, what, 3 or 4 years ago? He worked so hard to improve and they keep bringing it up, they just need to let it go. He's deadly accurate now and one of the players I'd most want kicking for goal after the siren for the win. Hope he kicks a bag this weekend :thumbsu:

Love LT.

His magnificent goal against Carlton on that Friday night at Docklands (chicken wing game) is a highlight of my shinboning barracking days. Those Carlton w***ers around me were deafened by my roar of delight & I remain forever grateful that my less than graceful leap into the air did not result in me tumbling from the top tier to the ground.

Thrilled for you LT & here's to a dazzling finals series.

Harding had 10 seasons, 2001-2010, Harro had 9 2001-2009

But both returned in some capacity off field, perhaps getting Harro over that 10yr mark. I think it's to do with years of service to the club rather than years on field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fell in love in his first game for us.

0.5 from memory. Never worried about that but left thinking this guy gunna be alright.

I was well wrong,much better than alright.

Rnd 1 2007 @ The MCG V Collingwood, The Shannon Grant miss :(
was right behind the goals that day.
Also thought that Thomas was goign to be a good player for us.

Lindsay "LT - Lunatic" Thomas, we love ya round these parts mate.

Absolute superstar, bleeds royal blue and white, first in when it jumps off, clutch goal kicker, winds up the opposition every week, beautiful lace out passes, relentless forward pressure, champion - deserves a flag or two.

250 more like this'll be just fine thanks Lindsay.

I'm wondering if he had a chat with the coach. :stern look

Onya little champ. Keep plugging away, need him to step it up in boomer's absence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back