Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

My personal preference is that Steinberg comes in to take Brown, but if not, yeah, I'd be reasonably comfortable with Hibberd running off Brown.
Would make sense for Steinberg to come in but most of your lot on here don't have much confidence in him. Hibberd will be nowhere near Brown's reach.

Would make sense for Steinberg to come in but most of your lot on here don't have much confidence in him. Hibberd will be nowhere near Brown's reach.

Steinberg's been solid against similar types in Lycett and Leslie, and his absence last week probably cost us 2 points with Watson kicking 4.

Obviously if we go in without Steinberg the gameplan would be to have third up jumpers in every Brown/Hibberd contest where possible.

Steinberg's been solid against similar types in Lycett and Leslie, and his absence last week probably cost us 2 points with Watson kicking 4.

Obviously if we go in without Steinberg the gameplan would be to have third up jumpers in every Brown/Hibberd contest where possible.
Drew Petrie likes this.

Wait, if he was solid against Leslie why was he dropped?

Drew Petrie likes this.

Reckon Hooker's fairly comfortable with that matchup.

Wait, if he was solid against Leslie why was he dropped?

I assume they were mucking around with structures, but Bomber said on the team selection video it was to get Bellchambers into the team for a run before the finals.

Reckon Hooker's fairly comfortable with that matchup.

I assume they were mucking around with structures, but Bomber said on the team selection video it was to get Bellchambers into the team for a run before the finals.
Hooker's a massive challenge for Petrie but it's doable without having to worry about the third man up if Hibberd's busy battling a giant all night.
If those were Bomber's words then it sounds unlikely that Steinberg would come in. He's only played two games, you'd give him another game to settle into structures if you were happy with him.

Brown is extremely mobile for a big guy and gets most of his goals on the lead. Steinberg is the obvious match up as he has proven adept at blocking the run off tall forwards.

Sounds like he's done for the year but Bomber's a hard man to read. Guess we'll find out in little more than an hour. I better stop clogging up this thread about the great Mark Baguely. Been good chatting, Ben. Hope you enjoy what you see on Saturday.

At least Bomber hasn't got a sandwich this week...

Cheers, I'd wish you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it ;)

Lindsay took the chocolates last time. Will be a good match up to watch. Baguely's a ripping player.
Hibberd played on him last time, before Hardingham got moved back after Zachary was subbed on for Gleeson and Baggers was on Boomer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd played on him last time, before Hardingham got moved back after Zachary was subbed on for Gleeson and Baggers was on Boomer
Yeah, realised that in the end. Surprised me, thought Baguely was more of your stay at home type.
So Baguely to Thomas and Hibberd to ???

Yeah, realised that in the end. Surprised me, thought Baguely was more of your stay at home type.
So Baguely to Thomas and Hibberd to ???
It'll end up Hurley-Black, Hooker-Petrie, Steinberg-Brown, Baguley-Thomas, Hibberd-Ziebell/Cunnington, Dempsey-Turner

Wish the team played with as much heart as this bloke. The key to his game was he kept his feet in most contests. A few should learn from him. I wrote him off early in his career but I was dead wrong. He done the red and black proud tonight. He is Essendon.

Thinking about his performance....we need more guys with his hardness. Teams always get in lower and harder than our mids...it's why we always think we get slaughtered by umps v Sydney. Mids should look at this bloke for lessons on how to rip in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back