Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been waivering on whether he is good enough.

Think I've got to move on from whatever I perceive his deficiencies to be. He's rock solid. If it wasn't for the AFL love affair with Heppell Baguley would probably have been recognised as BOG last Saturday.

Heppell was Best on Ground (for a half), Baguley was best on ground for 4 quarters.

Which half? Watch the replay. It's actually ridiculous.
Bruno, it's not ridiculous to say Heppell was best on in the second half. At the time I gave Heppell the five votes in our MVP but if I had my time again, I'd probably have said Baguley was best on overall for being most consistent.

However, Heppell's second half was undeniably massive.

Bruno, it's not ridiculous to say Heppell was best on in the second half. At the time I gave Heppell the five votes in our MVP but if I had my time again, I'd probably have said Baguley was best on overall for being most consistent.

Speaking of which, why is the MVP thread locked?

Because Hirdisymhero tallied the votes and updated the count last night.
Fair enough, seems earlier than normal. The last votes cast was Tuesday 9:44 am.

It is when you watch the second half in the cold hard light of day.

I am not even sure he had 29.

The custom has always been five or so days after the game.

It was open until yesterday.
Yeah, I guess it was just a case of people not voting as much as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than his slight lack of pace, is he bad at anything?

I had some question marks over his disposal. Think he, along with Cale Hooker have honed in on there expectations to what they can actually do and have improved out of sight in this (disposal decision making) department.

Apart from that, his pace is fine for me (obviously the super quick small forwards will burn him off but how many super quick small defenders are there in the AFL?), his nous and reading of the play are finally marrying up which is allowing him to intercept more of the ball and to run and create more.

Any word on Baguley?

Its not getting any mention anywhere its like it didnt happen. The fact we may lose one of our most important players apperantly isn't newsworthy

Or it means it's nothing significant.

methinks not
BwRKv0vCQAAbKU6.jpg

methinks not
BwRKv0vCQAAbKU6.jpg
And going by pictures Selwood was missing two weeks with suspension.

Could just be a cut in the right place. We'll find out. He walked off and looked okay. Looked clean too, like they wiped it off him and no more blood was coming out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back