Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Joe due a break?
I can't see us having the same structure at Subi. Goddard/Watson too important in the middle to have one deep forward most of the game.

Ashby knows how hair is worn perfectly. Hurley, do take note.

I thought he was ok/alright.

For a debut cant expect much even in a flogging i wouldnt be playing him ahead of Gleeson for too long though.

Hes a bit off our very best 22 still

I agree, but it is good to see we have some players that are on the fringe that if needed can come in and perform at AFL level. Didn't look like a deer in the headlights at least.

Our back line is well set with smells such as Ashby and Gleeson. Both awesome users of the footy.

I thought he was ok/alright.

For a debut cant expect much even in a flogging i wouldnt be playing him ahead of Gleeson for too long though.

Hes a bit off our very best 22 still

Disappointed once again with this kid.

I know hes only a kid but i dont see the signs im looking for.

His composure is that bad at the moment, its unblievable and its evident to people who have no idea about football (people i sat with)

I think he was ok/average last week trying to be nice to him coz it was a great night for us last week so no need for bad vibes.

But this guy has serious question marks over his kicking, composure and decision making.

First dropped for me. Not far ahead of Colyer though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely disagree with the above post. Wasn't his best game but I liked the way he tried to take the game on, and he didn't turn it over that much. Would like him to play the Saints game before a spell in the 2's. No need to belt him to the ground. He is a good player, lets see him develop, the ideal goal will be 6-8 games this season.

Completely disagree with the above post. Wasn't his best game but I liked the way he tried to take the game on, and he didn't turn it over that much. Would like him to play the Saints game before a spell in the 2's. No need to belt him to the ground. He is a good player, lets see him develop, the ideal goal will be 6-8 games this season.

I wish i had time to watch over the replay of both the Carlton and Freo game, cut footage of him and show how poor his composure has been.

Its a whacking of a young guy which i dont like to do, composure comes with experience some times. Some naturally have it just look at Gleeson. Whereas Ashby its his major deficiency. He blazed 2 out on the fulls today under very little to no pressure when he had other easish options on. That wasnt all.

Hes good one on one as a competitor and wont lose many contest. Being deep down back hes gonna need composure though.

I wish i had time to watch over the replay of both the Carlton and Freo game, cut footage of him and show how poor his composure has been.

Its a whacking of a young guy which i dont like to do, composure comes with experience some times. Some naturally have it just look at Gleeson. Whereas Ashby its his major deficiency. He blazed 2 out on the fulls today under very little to no pressure when he had other easish options on. That wasnt all.

Hes good one on one as a competitor and wont lose many contest. Being deep down back hes gonna need composure though.

I agree he needs more composure, what young bloke doesn't after 2 games? What was everyone saying about Cale Hooker after 2 games...how about Jobe Watson...do I need to go on. He has played a grand total of 2 AFL games. If he had played 100 and he showed no composure I'd be worried. He has good skills, can kick the ball well. I turned today's game off after 3 quarters as I was in the city and I had seen enough, but he wasn't the only one kicking it out on the full, even our best players did today. The one thing about Freo's press is those 'easy' options are not that easy. Have faith in him coming good. At least there is upside unlike Colyer or Jetta!

I agree he needs more composure, what young bloke doesn't after 2 games? What was everyone saying about Cale Hooker after 2 games...how about Jobe Watson...do I need to go on. He has played a grand total of 2 AFL games. If he had played 100 and he showed no composure I'd be worried. He has good skills, can kick the ball well. I turned today's game off after 3 quarters as I was in the city and I had seen enough, but he wasn't the only one kicking it out on the full, even our best players did today. The one thing about Freo's press is those 'easy' options are not that easy. Have faith in him coming good. At least there is upside unlike Colyer or Jetta!

Yep so right now hes not good enough to be playing in a top 4 side.

I just dont like what i see very early on from him. Sure alot of youngsters can be said not to have composure but hes right at the end of the scale. There is potential upside as their is with any players. He will need to learn very quick.

I just dont like what i see very early on from him. Sure alot of youngsters can be said not to have composure but hes right at the end of the scale. There is potential upside as their is with any players. He will need to learn very quick.
Think it's very harsh to say he has no composure after playing a fired up Fremantle in the west. They put more pressure on you than any other team in the league

For a 2nd gamer, he certainly wasn't our worst out there yesterday. Clearly he needs an extra pre-season or 3 in the weights room and getting used to playing bigger bodies.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him be back in the VFL this week, but I think he's got a future in the league.

I personally don't think Ashby is in our best 22 in his own right.. but he has done well for his first two games. I disagree with KA.. definitely enough promise to persist with and look forward to seeing him in 2015-2017...

Good depth player and glad to get some games into him in case we need him second half of the season/finals.

I never said he should be a starter in a top 4 side. I said give him 6-8 games, ideally against lesser sides and re-load for next season. He needs another pre season to fill out at least.

I personally don't think Ashby is in our best 22 in his own right.. but he has done well for his first two games. I disagree with KA.. definitely enough promise to persist with and look forward to seeing him in 2015-2017...

Good depth player and glad to get some games into him in case we need him second half of the season/finals.
I'd agree with this.

He's not best 22 if you have Baguley, Hibberd, Dempsey, Fletcher, Gleeson available as guys who can play small(ish) defence.

Solid contributor and looks promising but behind the above at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back