Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt that would be the case at all.

If Dumont faces up to it, (sincerely) apologises to his teammates and works his ass off at training, they will no doubt get around and support him.

Why punish his donkey?

The only problem with delisting is that another club will pick him up for nothing and he'll continue his career business as usual. The afl needs to make a call if convicted to prevent him playing anywhere. I agree cab drivers don't deserve this and it shouldn't be tolerated.

See people, The unfortunate outcome of inbreeding when the last 2 mods that mated produced Jack Reacher.

Inbreeding of mods needs to be outlawed guys. Enough is enough.
For a moment l thought it was b tron editing my posts again.

The only problem with delisting is that another club will pick him up for nothing and he'll continue his career business as usual. The afl needs to make a call if convicted to prevent him playing anywhere. I agree can drivers don't deserve this and it shouldn't be tolerated.

What about when a player pleads guilty to a charge?

Should the AFL dictate they be cut too?

If so should it be retrospective and we would need to hand back the 99 cup because we'd have lost Carey after he pleaded guilty to sexual assault charges in 1996?

No where is it written that you need to be a good bloke to play footy. Some off our very best have had issues off field. It is often lemented on here we have too many "Good Blokes"

I saw someone write not a shinboners a-hole? What does that mean? Anyone reckon that a 19 year old Glenn Archer with his mates from Noble Park could have done something equally as stupid? Its really not that much of a stretch given some of what has been written in print about him.

A confessed rogue, Archer reckoned you hadn't had a good night as an 18-year-old without plenty to drink and a fight.

There are people making ridiculous statements on here based on scarce facts.

My bold prediction is that the club will wait and deal with the actual rather than deal with the hypothetical.

Dumont didn't murder anyone, yeah it might be a pretty s**t thing to do but I don't expect much more than a slap across the wrist unless he has priors. However again I don't expect that to be the case because I think that our recruiters will have done their due diligence.

Marely Williams broke a guys jaw, was charged with and convicted of Grievous Bodily Harm, has a suspended sentence and he continues to play footy.

Aggravated Robbery:
The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation.

Grievous Bodily Harm
serious physical injury inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another.

Brett33 is pi$$ed (sic) that you're drinking all the hootch!!! Swig swig give. You're screwing up the rotation.

On a serious note, if Dumont tried to rob and/or assault a cabbie (more than just watch his mate do it) then serious punishment needs to be handed down. I've been wrecked out of my gourd many times and never once tried to rob or assault anyone.
Exactly! Booze isn't cheap (especially for a student). When I was at a wedding not long ago they stopped serving free alcohol after 10 (cheap bastards) but they handed out free champers at 11 for a toast. 4 people at the table didn't like champagne so they passed theirs down to me. May mean I'm a cheap sod, but i'd prefer money smart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If so should it be retrospective and we would need to hand back the 99 cup because we'd have lost Carey after he pleaded guilty to sexual assault charges in 1996?

No where is it written that you need to be a good bloke to play footy. Some off our very best have had issues off field. It is often lemented on here we have too many "Good Blokes"

I saw someone write not a shinboners a-hole? What does that mean? Anyone reckon that a 19 year old Glenn Archer with his mates from Noble Park could have done something equally as stupid? Its really not that much of a stretch given some of what has been written in print about him.

My bold prediction is that the club will wait and deal with the actual rather than deal with the hypothetical.

Dumont didn't murder anyone, yeah it might be a pretty s**t thing to do but I don't expect much more than a slap across the wrist unless he has priors. However again I don't expect that to be the case because I think that our recruiters will have done their due diligence.

Marely Williams broke a guys jaw, was charged with and convicted of Grievous Bodily Harm, has a suspended sentence and he continues to play footy.

Aggravated Robbery:
The taking of money or goods in the possession of another, from his or her person or immediate presence, by force or intimidation.

Grievous Bodily Harm
serious physical injury inflicted on a person by the deliberate action of another.

Quoting because mere liking is not adequate for this post.

Aggravated Robbery:

Grievous Bodily Harm
Wow Marley Williams got off light.

Dont think he will be delisted, libba was found with drugs and wasnt delisted

Dont think he will be delisted, libba was found with drugs and wasnt delisted

Murray Newman from West Coast is the other one that should be seen as a bit of a precedent.

Must admit the contract is taking longer to negotiate than I thought it would.
Ok, spill the beans gokangas, you have a big offer from the Magpies BF Board, is that right? And who is doing the negotiating for you? Bloody Pickers I bet.

Murray Newman from West Coast is the other one that should be seen as a bit of a precedent.
but too be fair it might be because of the ability and future eg if this was cunnington there would be no way in hell you would delist him, probs gets suspended and have to do some course and pay a fine

More importantly, why is there two Dumont threads. What happened to the mega galactic super thread concept?

Merge I say, merge damn it. Two threads is one too many.
See this wouldn't happen if l was a mod, megathreads, megathreads all around, vote one K4E for lord mod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back