Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

If they play this bloke again this week it would be an utter pisstake.

It might be enough for me to ring the club and tell them to put a hold on the auto renewal.

If they want my money and time, ******* earn by taking the game seriously and stop gifting blokes games because Rawlings ****ed up and offer a moronic contract to a player that was nothing but a fringe player at another club.

Yeah he is scared of his fricken Moon Shadow. :stern look
The Cats (Stephens) on the field with the Silver Buffoon (McDonald)

s**t Bloke from the Blues (Fisher) and the man that’s on Shrooms (Corr)

When you getting a hardball son? We don’t know when.

I think he shat his pants again.

You know he’ll have to wash his shorts again.

Leave aside all the cat stuff I just don't and never have understood what he brings. Has done nothing to justify being walk up best 22 and that is saying something at this club.

Said it weeks ago, but he can f right off until he brings something useful to the table.

Leave aside all the cat stuff I just don't and never have understood what he brings. Has done nothing to justify being walk up best 22 and that is saying something at this club.

Said it weeks ago, but he can f right off until he brings something useful to the table.
He is playing because he can run all day and few others can. Yes, he is unbearably soft. But no softer than say Brandon Ellis, Dyl also has better disposal and is better one on one. This is the role he needs to play, basically just running up and down the wing all game. He doesn't even need to get the ball much as long as he can provide an option when we have the ball and cover a man to block those easy outlet kicks that killed us on the weekend.

He is playing because he can run all day and few others can. Yes, he is unbearably soft. But no softer than say Brandon Ellis, Dyl also has better disposal and is better one on one. This is the role he needs to play, basically just running up and down the wing all game. He doesn't even need to get the ball much as long as he can provide an option when we have the ball and cover a man to block those easy outlet kicks that killed us on the weekend.

Should've given him 6 years, then.

My god.

What, so basically the role Bailey Scott performed with distinction last season, until we decided to turn him into a shjt HB flanker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he isn’t even running all day.

At the ground you could see him giving Morrison 50-100 metres of space which invariably led to Hawthorn having a free to overlap.

I get wings aren’t always the most accountable, but when Hawthorn have control of the ball you still have to work.

Give him some time in the vfl to work on his defensive game and move Scott back on the wing
This is the worst part of Dylan playing. Scott is harder, maybe a slightly worse kick but a much much better footballer overall. Get him onto the wing, his rightful position, and drop Dylan to the VFL. Play Bergman at halfback.

Any idea why he didn't use his elite running power to stay somewhere near Morrison?
Like the rest of our midfield, I don't think he really knows what his role is.

As unimpressive as he has been, he is one of our only players capable of running out a game. We really have to keep him in the team because of this. This is why Lazzaro is also getting games. They are clearly both potatoes, but we are getting torched in transition by fitter, faster teams.

Like the rest of our midfield, I don't think he really knows what his role is.

As unimpressive as he has been, he is one of our only players capable of running out a game. We really have to keep him in the team because of this. This is why Lazzaro is also getting games. They are clearly both potatoes, but we are getting torched in transition by fitter, faster teams.
But didn’t you say his job was to run up and down the ground? So the bloke doesn’t know how to execute a role that is to purely run up and down a wing all day?

Stop making excuses for a player that is nothing more than a lazy cat.

Morrison gave him an absolute bath and lesson on gut running and becoming a link in the chain.

Our bloke was jogging 50-100 metres behind him most of the day, so no wonder he can run out a game when he hasn’t exerted any effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back