Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

we are going to take a player based on the fact JB likes to say 'the smooth-mover' when commentating ffs

That's a silly thing to say.

I dont like the fact we are giving up our only true key-position 'play on the gorillas' backman build-wise

That's also a silly thing to say. Thompson is better in this role without question. Many could argue Grima is better in this role. The match committee preferred Firito more than Delaney in this role against Collingwood (although I know what rationalisation you'll give to this)

Thompson great but not key

Another silly thing to say.

Thompson great but not key nor Grima nor Hansen.

Also incorrect.

I'm all in favour of criticism where it's warranted, but yours just lacks any credibility.

Food for thought I would say

I wouldn't feed that to my dog.

I dont like the fact we are giving up our only true key-position 'play on the gorillas' backman build-wise, Thompson great but not key nor Grima nor Hansen. Food for thought I would say.

Thompson is the strongest player at the club, something easily forgotten due to his skill on the rebound.

He inferred that it's as simple as a swap for Car Keys and a deal re.our second round pick but, asMr Joel said, he was suggesting the trade's as good as done.

I think it will be, nds to roos for our second pick and Delaney. Saints give us a third rounder for Delaney...

He inferred that it's as simple as a swap for Car Keys and a deal re.our second round pick but, asMr Joel said, he was suggesting the trade's as good as done.

So if our club believes we can get a second rounder for Delaney, then 2x second round picks for NDS for 2ish years? Either the talent in the draft pool drops off to chasm-like levels after the first round or that doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

If the talent pool is good would you swap Black and Bastinac for 2ish years of NDS?

So if our club believes we can get a second rounder for Delaney, then 2x second round picks for NDS for 2ish years? Either the talent in the draft pool drops off to chasm-like levels after the first round or that doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

If the talent pool is good would you swap Black and Bastinac for 2ish years of NDS?

I think Pykie said its pretty good down to about 25 and quite even after the first few standouts.

I think it will be, nds to roos for our second pick and Delaney. Saints give us a third rounder for Delaney...

Wouldn't both Saints and North be better off if they gave us NDS as a free agent and a third round pick for Delaney? That way:
* they'd have a compensation pick which should be better than our second round (and if not we could swap our 2nd pick for their compo as part of the Delaney deal).
* we'd still have our second round pick

So, have we got a gun wingman coming through that needs a chop out for a couple of years? If no, i don't see the point of this.
Its not like we are absolute Premiership contenders right at this second, where a couple of years of NDS will make all the difference.
If this is all about grooming Atley, Mullet, McDonald etc and less about NDS the 'messiah' who will take us to glory, i can see some value.

What are we waiting for lets go and get NDS before some of the other 17 clubs jump in.
What are we waiting for?

A thing called the trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[NDS], The three-time All-Australian this morning said although he was contracted at St Kilda for next season, he would understand if he was traded in next month's exchange period.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/st...in-new-direction/story-fnfll94y-1226717530847
How do you get to be a free agent when you are contracted?

Well covered. His contract has an option for an extra year but basically now he can either stay contracted or be released as a free agent, as long as he and StKilda agree.

How much did Goddard cost Essendon in the way of picks?

* me I'd rather not have him if we lose Delaney and our second. Two seconds, a black and Basti...or a cam Richardson and urquart? Trade our second by all means, IF it means we get one back for Luke.

Well covered. His contract has an option for an extra year but basically now he can either stay contracted or be released as a free agent, as long as he and StKilda agree.

Sounds like he has/will have triggered that contract for 2014. So why don't the Saints sign him up NOW? Unless they are offering him up as a free agent.

I think we will get him as a free agent and Saints will be happy with Keys for a 4th rounder and NDS compo.

Sounds like he has/will have triggered that contract for 2014. So why don't the Saints sign him up NOW? Unless they are offering him up as a free agent.

I think we will get him as a free agent and Saints will be happy with Keys for a 4th rounder and NDS compo.

Both parties have to agree to it I believe, it hasn't been taken up yet, Saints want to find out if they get better compensation as a free agent.

On the flip side, would you trade Koby Stevens and Gerrick Weedon (who?) for NDS for 2-4 yrs? Which is basically the 2 picks that West Coast had around that region.

There's no guarantee we would get Busta and Black types for those two picks.

we wont use a fourth pick, what use is that to us, Saints may as well give us an 8th rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back