Player Watch #17 James 'Don't forget the O' JordOn

Remove this Banner Ad

James Jordan.jpg

Player Profile:

At just 22 James Jordon can call himself a premiership player after appearing in the 2021 Grand Final for Melbourne as the medical substitute, the same year he made his debut for the Dees. The midfielder was initially taken as pick 33 in the 2018 draft and joined the Sydney Swans on the opening day of the 2023 AFL Free Agency Period. He played just 18 games in 2023 with the hopes to improve and grow in the red and white.

James Jordn
Born: 20 December 2000
Draft: 2018
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers >> Melbourne

Last edited:
In the last month I’ve gone from “yeah he’s a solid player, nice to have him in the squad” to “wow, he’s a very good player who adds value to the team in many ways”.

Reckon we’ve given him more purpose and a lot more love … our boys really get around him, he seems to be enjoying himself… and playing with more passion and confidence than he was with the Dees.

And the kicker is that although he plays so maturely, he’s still only 23 !! 😍

Won't get Brownlow votes for the job he did on Walsh tonight, but he was great.

He feels like the sort of signing we made as part of a group (along with Adams and Grundy) when we took JPK, McGlynn, and Mumford back in 2009 which were a catalyst for a successful period.

He is a key player in our side, firmly best 22.

With all due respect to Ryan Clarke, JJ is absolutely nek level, and he can calmly pot them from 50 just for good measure…. Lots of ❤️ for JJ

Apart from his defensive roles which he's played exceptionally this year he very rarely makes mistakes with his disposal. The kind of player who just has a good understanding of what's required in the moment and executes the kick or handball far more often than not.
93.8% disposal efficiency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise Jordon was completely unused as the sub in the 21 premiership win. I reckon that would burn a bit.

All 3 of our new recruits have plenty of added motivation.
How terrific would it be for he and Adams to win the flag this year with us? I know it would be amazing for everyone involved with the club, but for those two in particular, it would be so satisfying.

What I like is that in addition to padlocking, JJ is also creative and plays his part in our helter skelter scoring chains etc

Fifty years ago he would have been described as a utility player in the papers, Footy Record, TV and of course on ScanlonsFooty Cards.

Wow... now that's what I call analysis... that's what these overpaid mainstream journalists should be doing.

That was an amazing read and great insight. And damn our coaches deserve some recognition for that tactic. Worked absolutely brilliantly. Hopefully it can be replicated on a regular basis.

As per the player comments pre-season & early season the mixing between our players and their positions throughout the game is causing all sorts of problems. Great analysis on JJ's role in the team so far.
Also indicates the discipline Jordon brings and his willingness to take things on - traits Horse loves.

I was so impressed by what I saw of Rowbottom in those clips. He is so focused and energetic and effective. Even in the clip where Chad chips the ball to Jordon, Rowy streams forward and into 50 where he is on his own and provides another option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back