Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a shocker last night.

In terrible form. Another week or two of this crap and there's no chance he can retain his spot.

Still just as quick, but his kicking has gotten worse. A couple of years ago it looked like his kicking was improving even at running at full tilt, but not anymore.

Yeah he has been rubbish and disappointing for 18 months.

Should be dropped but won't be.

To think so many have (has?) Atley > Heppell after draft etc.

LOL. Not fit to shine Dyson's boots at the moment.

Yeah he has been rubbish and disappointing for 18 months.

Should be dropped but won't be.

To think so many have (has?) Atley > Heppell after draft etc.

LOL. Not fit to shine Dyson's boots at the moment.

Heppell is a sheepdog.

About as damaging as a fruitata.

Ats has been inexplicably moved upfield. Boomer is playing his role.

Dumbfounded as to why.

Heppell is a sheepdog.

About as damaging as a fruitata.

Ats has been inexplicably moved upfield. Boomer is playing his role.

Dumbfounded as to why.

Nah that's rubbish TPA.

Heppell is not a great kick yes, and he gets plenty of cheap touches, but he is so much better than Atley the last two years it's embarrassing to think Atley is a better player.

Atley is/has been very disappointing. I rated him like we all did. Needs to be far better in traffic and decision making, needs to get much more of the ball, and needs to go when it's his turn - he hasn't done enough of those three for mine too often.

Last edited:
Nah that's rubbish TPA.

Heppell is not a great kick yes, and he gets plenty of cheap touches, but he is so much better than Atley the last two years it's embarrassing to think Atley is a better player.

Atley is/has been very disappointing. I rated him like we all did. Needs to be far better in traffic and decision making, needs to get much more of the ball, and needs to go when it's his turn - he hasn't done either of those three for mine too often.

I didn't say Ats is a better player.

Heppell sluts it out the back. Lacks hurt wih his touches. A lot of sideways stuff.

Ats was one of our best in the first couple of weeks.

He won't be dropped.

I didn't say Ats is a better player.

Heppell sluts it out the back. Lacks hurt wih his touches. A lot of sideways stuff.

Ats was one of our best in the first couple of weeks.

He won't be dropped.

Atley deserves to be dropped. He won't I agree.

Heppell is a far better player cheap touches or otherwise.

To say he sluts it out the back is wrong. He gets plenty of contested midfield touches too, of which Atley gets none as he hangs back waiting for the release.

His run is fantastic and very impressive, but he needs to do more IMO.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just leave Atley in the backline..its where he is most comfortable and plays his best..just like Hansen in the backline.

I can see why we want him in the midfield but he just looks lost. It does not come naturally to him.

Just had a case of deja vu. Stop forcing players into midfielders when they are clearly not meant to play there.

We move our best running defender into midfield who cant get a touch and to compensate we move our best attacker into the backline in Harvey. Where is the logic in that?

Just had a case of deja vu. Stop forcing players into midfielders when they are clearly not meant to play there.

We move our best running defender into midfield who cant get a touch and to compensate we move our best attacker into the backline in Harvey. Where is the logic in that?

There is none. It's why many are growing tiredsome of Scott and his development of players.

There is none. It's why many are growing tiredsome of Scott and his development of players.
Trying to have a more versatile squad to keep up with the jones. Its not unpredictable to anyone other than our own players who seem to spend a lot of the game waving arms and shaking their heads in disbelief at their team mates stuff up after stuff up.

If he is going to play as a midfielder he needs to be in the centre square. That's where we need his explosiveness. No point having him on the wing because he doesn't know how to find the pill on the outside.

Thats the one. He actually has good instincts in traffic, needs to play there. Like Judd, I don't think the outside game is built for them, they excel at bursting away from traffic, not getting it outside like Smith or Hill. Guts or nothing in a midfield sense.

And can't drop him, that is what you get when you don't consider speed as an asset for five years.

Saintly has been hating on Atley for 18 months.

Can't believe you actually believe Mullet was better than him.

That's because he has been ordinary/disappointing for 18 months.

As for Mullett, he also struggled last year but I think he is a talented player and it's not wrong to suggest he could positively impact our team.

Last edited:
tumblr_lcbb9h3qkS1qdoghio1_250.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back