Delisted #19: Shaun Edwards - Rookied by Sydney, now retired from AFL - 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw that, hard to imagine though. He's had a great pre-season and has shown a lot.
Has a bit of Reimers about him in the way he plays (the good parts of Reimers).

I'd like to throw a green vest on him and unleash him on tired sides.He's quick, slippery, gains big meters on foot and by foot and can kick a goal. Reckon Hes the perfect impact sub. Can play fwd, back, mid if needed due to injury or just as a game breaker late.

Actually watching the game. Agree with the sentiments here and think it'd be a wonderful idea. Not only as an impact player but a perfect opportunity to say, hey, this is what it takes to be a consistent performer at AFL level

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually watching the game. Agree with the sentiments here and think it'd be a wonderful idea. Not only as an impact player but a perfect opportunity to say, hey, this is what it takes to be a consistent performer at AFL level

Looking at our list there are a few players that can be used as a sub with different focus.

Some would be great as impact players, and others would be used more to give them a taste and ease them in.

Hopefully some of that second group can have an impact like the first group.

Looking at our list there are a few players that can be used as a sub with different focus.

Some would be great as impact players, and others would be used more to give them a taste and ease them in.

Hopefully some of that second group can have an impact like the first group.

Edwards sits firmly in the middle of both camps now. From all the noises coming from the coches he is (almost) there. Giving him a taste could pay dividends as to show the desired level he needs to get to whilst being almost there could see him do some serious damage late in games as I think he is almost ready to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hows he been going in the VFL? Thought he was pretty exciting in the NAB cup, would be good to have more the just Colyer igniting some spark into the team.

Hows he been going in the VFL? Thought he was pretty exciting in the NAB cup, would be good to have more the just Colyer igniting some spark into the team.
Been really s**t.

No he hasn't. Has played some good matches this year.
I'm one of his biggest fans but he's done nothing the past 3 weeks.

Going to declare he will not make it. He is exciting at times but he simply gets lost too much during games. Has no idea about defense and gets caught ball
watching more than an under 13. Too bad really, 15 years ago he would have been a star but it is no longer the same game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that ultimately he won't make it but I'm happy to use him as a sub. Personally I think the sub role can hinder the development of young players as they miss playing full matches. For example has playing 1 quarter of football each week for a fortnight helped ashby or hams? I don't think so. Therefore I'd rather use a guy like Edwards as sub as I don't think he will ever be a 4 quarter afl player anyway. If they do scrap the sub rule then currently I see no role for Edwards. He's just a flashy player who cannot run out 4 quarters. What he can do though is take the game on and add some pace so he has purpose as a sub.

Still yet to put a complete game together in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back