Delisted #19: Shaun Edwards - Rookied by Sydney, now retired from AFL - 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the people in that thread quite rightly bag the OP.

Fyfe's kicking is inconsistent, not ordinary. He shanks them just as often as he delivers a beautiful bullet pass.
If he shanks them just as often as he delivers a beautiful bulletin pass wouldn't that make his kicking ordinary? Sometimes good, sometimes bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could've sworn that this thread was titled 'Player Watch - Shaun Edwards', not 'Player Watch - Nat Fyfe'.
I'm just glad old George Washington didn't write that Edwards has a large nose like Pav or he walks oddly like Ross Lyon. We would have had more than just one Freo troll hitting this post!

I could've sworn that this thread was titled 'Player Watch - Shaun Edwards', not 'Player Watch - Nat Fyfe'.
I'm just glad old George Washington didn't write that Edwards has a large nose like Pav or he walks oddly like Ross Lyon. We would have had more than just one Freo troll hitting this post!

say that again

Happy with his effort in the international rules game.

Translation: One of the small handful of players that wasnt completely rubbish. :p
Hell that team was so bad, I'd almost give Leroy a pass mark just for that one ferocious tackle he laid..

Alright back on topic, cant wait to see Shaun "The Fyfe" Edwards play next year! ;)

I think Edwards (along with a lot of the young guys at both GWS and GC) is a guy that will surprise some.. I think if he had been drafted by another club, in normal circumstances, then he would be viewed far more favourably.. it is hard to shine in a team full of young stars and a team getting thrashed every week..

I acknowledge he has work to put it.. but from even a few snippets in the IR series.. you start to see why he was so highly rated as a junior.. pace to burn and appears to have clean hands..

Maybe in the EKav bracket.. not ready yet but still showing promise to 'make it'.. I would imagine that if we had taken Edwards with our first round pick.. there would be a heap of excitement and buzz and expectation..

Realistically we need Edwards to make it as a midfielder - its a chance from what i've seen.

Looks like he has been thrown all over the place at GWS, sometimes back, sometimes forward, in the Ireland game he was back, forward & midfield at the end.
really Bomber just needs to find a position for him and let him develop, hopefully wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back