Chief Crow

AFC young gun
Dec 11, 2007
City of Churches
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Today in the advertiser I noticed a little article written by Rucci saying that Craigy has vowed to play 2 of this years new draftees against Collingwood this friday night in Alice Springs.
So I assume it will be between Talia, Craig and Wright as the article didn't say who. It will be good experience for these kids.

The article also mentions that 5 changes will be made to the squad which played against Port. Thomo, Tippo and Bock to return with only Birdman confirmed out.

Today in the advertiser I noticed a little article written by Rucci saying that Craigy has vowed to play 2 of this years new draftees against Collingwood this friday night in Alice Springs.
So I assume it will be between Talia, Craig and Wright as the article didn't say who. It will be good experience for these kids.

The article also mentions that 5 changes will be made to the squad which played against Port. Thomo, Tippo and Bock to return with only Birdman confirmed out.

I wouldnt be surprised if one of them was 'gunna' (Gunston). I went to training today (report to come shortly) and they did a drill which was our starting 18 vs the 2nd 18. Gunston was part of the starting 18. Then there is Tippett, Bock, Thomo (who all didnt train in the drill [probably resting]) plus the other new draftee and that makes our 22.

However Davis, Sloane, Cook, Armstrong were all part of the 2nd 18. Surely they wont all be dropped this week.

I wouldnt be surprised if one of them was 'gunna' (Gunston). I went to training today (report to come shortly) and they did a drill which was our starting 18 vs the 2nd 18. Gunston was part of the starting 18. Then there is Tippett, Bock, Thomo (who all didnt train in the drill [probably resting]) plus the other new draftee and that makes our 22.

However Davis, Sloane, Cook, Armstrong were all part of the 2nd 18. Surely they wont all be dropped this week.

I thought Gunna would be in the mix but I thought his body compared to the other 3 I mentioned was alot more under developed. He has impressed me at training when I have been.

Does anyone know how big the squads can be in the nab challenge games. I know we atleast play with normal rules in these games which is better.

Im certain 5aa will broadcast the game here in Adelaide.
And the AFL will prevent them from broadcasting it over the net from their own website, while failing to provide a link on the AFL website - thus preventing non-Adelaide based people from hearing the game at all.

I remember that from last year I had to get dads massive old radio out to listen to the game haha. He's upgraded to digital however I'll be at the Fringe friday night so I'll miss it anyway

Well obviously Knights is another definate out due to his foot thing. Should be interesting! Will try to listen to it, or at least try to get snippits of the score!

:eek:

Ah, now you remind me, Vader; I think I remember I read about the Challenge list length, and the convention to keep it Cup size, in one of YOUR posts.

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the AFL will prevent them from broadcasting it over the net from their own website, while failing to provide a link on the AFL website - thus preventing non-Adelaide based people from hearing the game at all.

You could try starting the stream before the game starts as that used to work. Not sure if they have fixed it, but you can give it a go.

Use the 5AA site to stream the sports show and it might not cut out, they may just stop new people joining.

Good luck

^ Hopefully that works, any reason they don't air to to anywhere other then Adelaide and Darwin? Thought it may be on the radio in Melbourne due to Collingwood also playing

I rated Gunston as the most impressive when I saw footage of this years draftees. I think he looks quality both in marking and kicking skills. I could reasonably draw a line through the lot of them in terms of development. Gunston a certainty... and then any of Craig, Shaw or Talia... in that order.

There is a thread on the Collingwood board Vader to a link where I am pretty certain anyone can listen to the game over the net.

Edit: Here it is-http://www.alicesprings.nt.gov.au/alice-springs/notification

I rated Gunston as the most impressive when I saw footage of this years draftees. I think he looks quality both in marking and kicking skills. I could reasonably draw a line through the lot of them in terms of development. Gunston a certainty... and then any of Craig, Shaw or Talia... in that order.

Interestingly Colin Wisbey, a very good talent scout rated Gunston 13th in his list. (Talia rated at 9). He seems like a utility player, can play wing, back, forward etc. Is an interesting player as he's KPP height (191cm) but plays like a midfielder.

Interestingly Colin Wisbey, a very good talent scout rated Gunston 13th in his list. He seems like a utility player, can play wing, back, forward etc. Is an interesting player as he's KPP height (191cm) but plays like a midfielder.

Cool, do u have a link to his phantom draft? Can't find it on that page.

Asking a bit I know, but is anybody able to put the footage of Talia, Gunston, Shaw and Craig up here on this thread :rolleyes:.

Thanks in advance/hopeful anticipation :thumbsu:

Interestingly Colin Wisbey, a very good talent scout rated Gunston 13th in his list. (Talia rated at 9). He seems like a utility player, can play wing, back, forward etc. Is an interesting player as he's KPP height (191cm) but plays like a midfielder.
maybe he can take Otten's role then...

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/89849/default.aspx

2009 draftee Jack Gunston and rookie Ricky Henderson also have been named in the squad for the first time.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/89849/default.aspx

The squad is:

Armstrong, Bock, Cook, Davis, Doughty, Douglas, Edwards, Goodwin, Griffin, Gunston, Henderson, Hentschel, Jacky, Johncock, Mackay, Maric, McKernan, McLeod, Petrenko, Reilly, Rutten, Schmidt, Sellar, Sloane, Stevens, S. Thompson, Tippett, Vince, Walker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back