Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Strikes me as a strange decision to continue playing him when there are 2 fit ruck men in the VFL. I guess he needs continuity after last year. He has all the tools to be a damaging player. Let's hope his best is to come as the year unfolds.
Sorry if he's under done there is ample support there. Poor coaching/medical if they've pushed him out there. Explains a lot. Hird has to take the blame.

and why tell us now?

Hird said this is the first time he's been pain free this year, I think it showed as well, had a little bit more spring in him tonight

Probably right there I guess my concern was play an injured player you get a Kommer situation.
Kommer's patella tendinitis is a chronic condition with unpredictable healing times. A fracture nearly always heals in 4-6 weeks if blood supply is adequate. Scaphoid and navicular fractures, for example, are notoriously poor healing injuries because the blood supply is often minimal.

Kommer's patella tendinitis is a chronic condition with unpredictable healing times. A fracture nearly always heals in 4-6 weeks if blood supply is adequate. Scaphoid and navicular fractures, for example, are notoriously poor healing injuries because the blood supply is often minimal.
Oh fair enough. Suppose as you can see im not one with much knowledge on injuries..
Thanks for clarifying though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they've been playing Bellchambers injured then Hird has genuinely lost the plot (I've been starting to wonder).

What possible need is there to play an injured average ruck when we have to perfectly fit average rucks in reserve?

The alternative is that the injury has not hampered him and that Hird is trying to deflect pressure.

If they've been playing Bellchambers injured then Hird has genuinely lost the plot (I've been starting to wonder).

What possible need is there to play an injured average ruck when we have to perfectly fit average rucks in reserve?

The alternative is that the injury has not hampered him and that Hird is trying to deflect pressure.

I think he has brought it up to take pressure off Tom. They were questioning his output and he gave a reason why he may not have been peak form yet. He made strides last night.

Love how this is the coaches fault. If a player puts his hand up to play its on them. His form hasnt been bad enough that he be dropped. He has been steadily improving each week

In what way did Bellchambers make strides last night? He looked like a state league player at times last night.

No strides, unless you are calling that contested Mark a stride

Hes the slowest guy off the mark I can rem ember, jumps off two feet, smack showed what a touch of endeavour can do, can mask deficiencies in talent.

I wouldn't mind so much if it looked like he was busting a gut but just seeing the arm in the air and trying to mark from 5 deep on a standing start isn't acceptable.

Maybe should have signed already, $$ dropping weekly?

i think Bellchambers should have been dropped awhile ago in favor of Giles an McKernan , as some has said Belly needs to get some Form, you cant play ya way out of a bad slump, just look at Ian Baker-finch. Carlisle should have been dropped weeks ago. he hasn't been fit, but i dont just blame James Hird, it comes down to the Match Committee also.

i think Bellchambers should have been dropped awhile ago in favor of Giles an McKernan , as some has said Belly needs to get some Form, you cant play ya way out of a bad slump, just look at Ian Baker-finch. Carlisle should have been dropped weeks ago. he hasn't been fit, but i dont just blame James Hird, it comes down to the Match Committee also.
Giles? He's been s**t in the VFL.

Giles? He's been s**t in the VFL.
from what i hear from the club he's not to bad, i dont think the club would have gone after him in the Trade if he was crap. ,

IMO he's better Built than Bellchambers. but our Ruck options are kinda running out. Giles has to be tried, Belly just isnt with it.

You have to wonder about this playing Bellchambers with a fracture in his knee. Is it excarbating the injury? If it is we definitely shouldn't be playing him. Even if its not he's been ordinary. That said at least Goldstein didn't do too much outside of hitouts - so that was a win.

I don't think there's any combination of Bellchambers/Giles/Mckernan that's going to be dominating the hitouts so i'm not too worried which ones we pick. Right now we just have to accept we've got some journeyman types in that ruck spot. Truthfully i'm more concerned about the rest of our list. Rucks are the easiest position to recruit for deficiencies in. Get the rest of the list right for a flag challenge and it won't be hard to get a decent ruck from another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back