2004 BFWCPOTY Round 2 Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Milkman
There were a few players I would have slotted in before Lynch, if they hadn't made such woeful errors at critical times. Maybe I voted with my heart a little, but then again Lynch did have arguably the most difficult job on the ground. God knows how many Tredrea would have kicked if it wasn't for Lynch.

I have to agree with your comments about Lynchy. He was soundly beaten by an absolute star in Tredrea but he kept fighting and trying all night. He will learn from that game and was really our only option.

This complete d$#head sitting next to me was bagging Lynch all night - he kept turning to me and saying " Lynch is hopeless! He is shocking - why dont they put Jako on Tredrea!"":rolleyes:

After putting up with this tur# for 3/4 s I finally said to him (and I quote) " Why dont you go out and see if you could do any f&*ing better!" After that he didnt talk to me again:)

It really frustrates me when so called supporters act like this - last year he was bagging Cox continually, this year Lynchy will be his target. Honestly Tredrea would have run Jako a merry dance and probably would have kicked a few more.......

anyway venting over :D , votes to come soon (Lynchy probably wont get one but he still can hold his head up high for competing).

My votes:

5 - Sampi - brilliant game, what a player
4 - Juddy - took some strong grabs, 7 tackles, ran hard
3- Cox - took some good grabs around the ground
2- Fletcher - ran hard, got a bit of it
1- Embers

Funnily enough I got over this loss a lot quicker than I thought. I was pretty proud of the boys for fighting back from 28pts down in the last term to get within a kick. When they were 5 goals down it could have got ugly but they put their heads down and made the last 10-12mins pretty exciting.

Port absolutely killed us with skill level - some of their ball movement was brilliant and they seemed to be in control almost all night to me. Tredrea is an gun - very talented lad, but Lynch kept trying and will (hopefully) learn from his bath....

We still have some serious forward line deficiencies and a reluctance of the coaching staff to do anything about it. Cox and Gardy should both be on the ground most of the time - one in the ruck, one in the forward line, ESPECIALLY with our supposed tall target McDoogs off injured. In the last term Coxy gave a good target, created contests and marked well (shame about that post!)

Overall I am reasonably pleased that even though we were outplayed by a far better team, we still managed to get very close. Our skills can improve a bit (lots of unusual errors) and if we get a tall player that can compete in the goal square it will be a big benefit.

5. Sampi. He's so exciting and his five goals were brilliant. Best for us by a mile.

4. Judd. Slow start but was great in the third quarter. Tackled hard and helped get us back in the game. Plus kicked two goals. Anyone else notice that he took a lot more over head marks than usual?

3. Fletcher. Solid throughout. Our best midfielder over four quarters.

2. Chick. A big improvemnet on last weeks game.

1. Matera. Kicked three goals, lively as usual. (i still can't believe he hit the post. Judging from his reaction, he couldn't believe it either!)

unlucky : Cox, Kerr, Brauny and Embers. After that i'ld struggle to find anyone else who was worth a mention.

Originally posted by jess-jess

4. Judd. Slow start but was great in the third quarter. Tackled hard and helped get us back in the game. Plus kicked two goals. Anyone else notice that he took a lot more over head marks than usual?

Yeah Juddy took some very good grabs last night, both forward and back. He normally doesnt take too many but is such a good judge of the ball in flight - just another string to the bow!! Legend that boy:D

5. Cox
4. Sampi
3. Fletcher
2. Chick
1. Judd

Unlucky: Embers and Braun.
imo, kerr tried, but his disposals were shocking, and not worthy for consideration in my top 5.

5. Sampi - Awesome game with 5 super goals and many excellent marks.
4. Cox - Really influential, was like Gardiner last week, important!
3. Judd - Classy and good in bursts, as usual.
2. Kerr - Heap of ball so he deserves his two votes.
1. Chick - Hardness was awesome and did a lot of 1%ers.

Originally posted by pauljam
This complete d$#head sitting next to me was bagging Lynch all night - he kept turning to me and saying " Lynch is hopeless! He is shocking - why dont they put Jako on Tredrea!"":rolleyes:

Meh, you get that. The folks immediately behind me alternated between saying "That #16 is killing Lynch" and questioning why Rowan Jones ever gets a game (meaning *ever*).

I spent half the game wanting to tell them that #16 was probably the best CHF in the game, and asking whether they actually watched last week's game when Jones was one of our best.

The other half of the game I wanted to kill the TV stations for that damned TV camera they put in my block.

I hate seeing Eagles supporters bagging their own, it's just as bad as leaving before the end of the game. I really wish we snatched that match right at the end, not just for the 4 points, but to teach those tossers who left early a brutal lesson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. sampi
4. kerr
3. judd
2. chick- i loved the tackles, sheaprds, bumps and that great goal he kicked when we needed it.
1. cox

Hourable mention to embley, tried hard but i felt those 5 above names had more of an impact

5. Cox (cannot belive that so many are giving him one vote only)
4. Fletch
3. Judd
2. Braun
1. Embley

I though Lynchy had a great second half...pity about the second quarter though. I guess that what they refer to as a learning curve.

Having said that with at least two of the goals in 2nd quarter the ball was delivered laces out on Treadreas chest. Lynch could not really do much.

He will be just fine IMO.

Glad Jako was never on him. He did alright in the forward line too.

It really frustrates me when so called supporters act like this - last year he was bagging Cox continually, this year Lynchy will be his target.

Even Judd has been a copping it. The following quotes taken from from "Juddy's Jibe":

"Upon leaving the club and walking to my car I was pounced upon by an irate supporter telling me in no uncertain terms where he saw my footballing future (namely down at Fremantle), before I headed into Subiaco for a meal."

Or how about these idiots:

"After a nice meal I was again confronted with supporters, this time by two of Port Adelaide’s, who thought they could impress the girls they were with by walking past and bumping into me.

They brushed past me and proceeded to giggle like six-year-old school girls before looking around for approval from the girls they were with."

Where do these idiots spawn from. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back