2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah they are but no point wasting nowell on him, may as well leave it be a shoot out, harris is a better ruckman than monky but not by much, rotate them 2 all day with monky resting in the pocket and harris on the bench. its rare that u get 2 quality big men/genuine ruckman in the same side, and they've even got nowell as a third one! will go a long way 2 deciding the premiership as noorat dont really have a quality ruckman

yeah they are but no point wasting nowell on him, may as well leave it be a shoot out, harris is a better ruckman than monky but not by much, rotate them 2 all day with monky resting in the pocket and harris on the bench. its rare that u get 2 quality big men/genuine ruckman in the same side, and they've even got nowell as a third one! will go a long way 2 deciding the premiership as noorat dont really have a quality ruckman

ha a shoot out...gee i rekon it still would be if u say harris is that good he can ruck they can have monkey and keilar and thornton down there along with jenkins shephard and co and there backline is their biggest weak link by an absolute mile if matt van kempen can keep fraser under 10 goals it would only be because the midfield has stopped the ball coming in and if nowell played on him nowell could run off and be dangerous and fraser would have to be more accountable....who is harris anyway/? did he play last year?

rovers have signed mccaskill from warrnambool........yeah we know umps give the votes but remember they see things differently from the supporters on the outside looking in. Itd be a joke if they only watched certain players each week and im sure they dont...wouldnt be fair on the average player who may put in a blinder!!!! im starting to lean to dennington but who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a long time since my last log but let me get one thing straight; Bad Hair Day - you are an idiot with no idea about coaching. You bag Sholly as a coach and from previous reading you bagged the last coach. You are the kind of person who only sees coaching as what they do on saturday and not the rest of the job during the week. Can I go as far to say as that you are a person who rates themselves far too highly and never put yourself in a coaching position because your are as weak as piss!!!!!!!!!!!!! No excuses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weak as piss. I can only hope that Sholly finds out who you are and has a discussion with you. Yeh - your opinion but how about you put your real name to it.
Hard to pick final teams - Timboon just hitting thier straps and Power and Dennington playing well. The rest making up numbers but that nothing new.
Bad Hair Day - put your real name out there otherwise you are an abosulte joke. I am sure Matho and Sholly would like to know who you are too. Maybe you're a player that couldn't get a game under either coaches but blamed them for your weak skills and attitude. You are pathetic weak as crap person!!!! How dare you judge a coach without knowing what they do!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure you have something to say, but once again it will be weak and ill informed...............

Geez, haven't logged on for awhile and I see I have copped a hiding.

A couple of comments:
1. "come in spinner"- i knew this would spark a little controversy but I suppose saying someone is over rated and looks after themselves shouldn't really get such a personal and over the top response.

2. I have coached and been quite successful so not too concerned about your comments

3. Be careful who you slag because you do not know what might come back to bite you.

ha a shoot out...gee i rekon it still would be if u say harris is that good he can ruck they can have monkey and keilar and thornton down there along with jenkins shephard and co and there backline is their biggest weak link by an absolute mile if matt van kempen can keep fraser under 10 goals it would only be because the midfield has stopped the ball coming in and if nowell played on him nowell could run off and be dangerous and fraser would have to be more accountable....who is harris anyway/? did he play last year?
u may have a good point but i dont think it will happen, and thornton should definately not be in that side. if he's playing in the finals its weak by the other selectors. harris didnt play last year but he played 4 south b4 that

u may have a good point but i dont think it will happen, and thornton should definately not be in that side. if he's playing in the finals its weak by the other selectors. harris didnt play last year but he played 4 south b4 that

oh ok i sorta remember harris a bit now...thornton would still get a game if i were coach because he takes an ok forward and if it frees up one other player to kick a few well i think thats ok..as coach he would play a very unselfish role which would hurt his goals etc but if he played at full forward he would still kick a few...probably only need three or four kicks to get 3 or 4 goals..just how i see it tho....and the only hing weak about dennington is there back line..onto the other teams timboon would be lovin not gettin any attention but i do believe they would be worried bout rovers beatin them in the finals....i think if they get through to the prelim (DEMONS) they will be a chance of an upset..and talkin bout coaches who are not worthy of a game SHOLL!

oh ok i sorta remember harris a bit now...thornton would still get a game if i were coach because he takes an ok forward and if it frees up one other player to kick a few well i think thats ok..as coach he would play a very unselfish role which would hurt his goals etc but if he played at full forward he would still kick a few...probably only need three or four kicks to get 3 or 4 goals..just how i see it tho....and the only hing weak about dennington is there back line..onto the other teams timboon would be lovin not gettin any attention but i do believe they would be worried bout rovers beatin them in the finals....i think if they get through to the prelim (DEMONS) they will be a chance of an upset..and talkin bout coaches who are not worthy of a game SHOLL!

Boys, i think you may be being a little hard on Dennington's backline, Matt Vankempton is only young and has been reasonably solid but Luke Duncan, Ben Parkinson, Ash Salmon and Wayne Davies are all quality players lets not be too harsh until they have a huge score kicked on them, something which im not sure will happen this year.

I see bad hair day back with nothing to say. Would love to know what quite successful means - did you win a game. The only person I am slaggin is you and I can guarantee that it wont bite me because I am a nuetral supporter that enjoys football, but sick of people havin go at coaches when they really dont know. Can't wait for finals when all of the questions you guys ask will be answered. Can't believe you blokes don't rate sholl as a player. I haven't seen him this year but surely he can still play. Maybe he can't.
Rovers demons game this week will be interesting - if rovers can win the stoppages then it could be close. Watch for andy clements who is finding form, thomson in great form and plenty of goal kicking options up forward - unlike last year.
Hargreaves and fary back to cats but made NO diff. How awesome must the power be????

I see bad hair day back with nothing to say. Would love to know what quite successful means - did you win a game. The only person I am slaggin is you and I can guarantee that it wont bite me because I am a nuetral supporter that enjoys football, but sick of people havin go at coaches when they really dont know. Can't wait for finals when all of the questions you guys ask will be answered. Can't believe you blokes don't rate sholl as a player. I haven't seen him this year but surely he can still play. Maybe he can't.
Rovers demons game this week will be interesting - if rovers can win the stoppages then it could be close. Watch for andy clements who is finding form, thomson in great form and plenty of goal kicking options up forward - unlike last year.
Hargreaves and fary back to cats but made NO diff. How awesome must the power be????

You absolute tool!!
You bag me for saying something about a coach and you haven't even seen them play!! Unbelieveable- talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You just undid any credibility you may have had.

Unlike you I am more than happy to swallow my words if they win the flag, and by the way i don't follow Timboon. I am happy to say that I think there are a heap of good coaches in our region, and, happy to change my view if he can get Timboon over the line, similar to when Matho got them there.

Boys, i think you may be being a little hard on Dennington's backline, Matt Vankempton is only young and has been reasonably solid but Luke Duncan, Ben Parkinson, Ash Salmon and Wayne Davies are all quality players lets not be too harsh until they have a huge score kicked on them, something which im not sure will happen this year.

haha your not serious about salmon are ya? and wayne davies?? i agree with duncan and parkinson but i do believe they think they a bit good for the forwards in this league and they very unaccountable which showed against the power.....i do agree with van kempton but he does get the best forward each week which he is not up to..he may be an even better player if they sent some1 like say a nowell down there to take the best defender..ha obviously i think these two sides will play off in the granny but still a long way to go...

well newman certainly walked into that one. Anyway isnt this is a site where we should all have a right to our opnion? ..and if you dont like it - too bad! that what this place is all about!!! Its starting to appear that everyones trying to find chinks in denningtons armour...keep looking as theyll be hard to find. What about doing the same for the power too? both sides dont have too many negatives at all and word has it the dogs havent been able to field their best team all year. Each week i here thers at least 4 - 5 out from the best side they put on the park. Once they have all available players look out!!!! By the way ive never coached and dont follow any team in the top 5...lol

haha your not serious about salmon are ya? and wayne davies?? i agree with duncan and parkinson but i do believe they think they a bit good for the forwards in this league and they very unaccountable which showed against the power.....i do agree with van kempton but he does get the best forward each week which he is not up to..he may be an even better player if they sent some1 like say a nowell down there to take the best defender..ha obviously i think these two sides will play off in the granny but still a long way to go...

mate dennington played power in round one and while power deserved to win on the day i dont think you can make a statement about a players accountability based on one game, if you watch dennington every week the boys are accountable which is showing on the scoreboard.

mate dennington played power in round one and while power deserved to win on the day i dont think you can make a statement about a players accountability based on one game, if you watch dennington every week the boys are accountable which is showing on the scoreboard.

thats an absolute load of s**t pal...just because they pump every team does not mean they are automatically accountable....im just saying they have had one game this year were they have been properly challanged and they were unaccountable..i dunno if u have ever played the game pal but its alot easier to look like ya doin ya job and bein ACCOUNTABLE when u are winning and im saying it showed up when they lost their only game for the year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats everybodys thoughts on matty stewarts proposed idea about combining the leagues and having the 2 divisions?

whats everybodys thoughts on matty stewarts proposed idea about combining the leagues and having the 2 divisions?

matty stewart should leave the wdfnl alone. nothing wrong with our league.the hampden are running scared, they are trying to drag us into there ordinary comp. the wdfnl is a better comp (not skill wise but just genuinly better competition for results)

Bad Hair Day - I have nothing against you - just your willingness to slag coaches and then change your mind because they are successful. Do you really think matho would say oh thats ok because he coached a premiership side. Just because you say 'I was wrong' does not take back the slagging of them before that. Fair dinkum! Stick by your comments and dont jump the fence when they prove you wrong. JUST SHUT UP when they do.
ALSO - if you want to be correct with your comments make sure you fully read my blogs. I SAID I hadn't seen SHOLL play this year but I have watched the demons on numerous occasions YOU TOOL!!!!!!!! How do you think I can comment about specific players. You talk about creditability - how can you have any when you change your mind all the time after bagging somebody. I dont call that willing to change your mind - I call it weak and not willing to stick by your original comments.
Im finished with this line of argument - stick by your comments and cop the flack if you are wrong and if your right your opinion is supported. SIMPLE!!
Quick comment - district and hampden leagues better with 10 teams each. Fair draw for all sides. Really don't know how that can be achieved. At least Mattys got everyone talking I suppose.

thats an absolute load of s**t pal...just because they pump every team does not mean they are automatically accountable....im just saying they have had one game this year were they have been properly challanged and they were unaccountable..i dunno if u have ever played the game pal but its alot easier to look like ya doin ya job and bein ACCOUNTABLE when u are winning and im saying it showed up when they lost their only game for the year...

have played the game and still playing tosser, mate if they werent accountable they wouldnt be pumping teams every week would they you are contradicting yourself. They were also challenged against Timboon rd 2 and in the end kiced away. Being accountable means winning mate i suggest you have a good look at your comments on here and get a clue.

have played the game and still playing tosser, mate if they werent accountable they wouldnt be pumping teams every week would they you are contradicting yourself. They were also challenged against Timboon rd 2 and in the end kiced away. Being accountable means winning mate i suggest you have a good look at your comments on here and get a clue.
hahaha...yeah righto so is wat u r saying if all of a sudden east became accountable they would win..oh ok i might go tell joey that and then they can make a late run at the finals..sure they would be happy to no that...and dennington get the ball out of the middle more often than not so it doesnt spend much time in their backline so thats why they pump teams and also because obviously they alot better..and suprise suprise when they played the power and the power won the midfield dennington got thumped..... and i never said there midfielders were not accountable ya tool..so maybe look into my comments before u have a go at me.....

hahaha...yeah righto so is wat u r saying if all of a sudden east became accountable they would win..oh ok i might go tell joey that and then they can make a late run at the finals..sure they would be happy to no that...and dennington get the ball out of the middle more often than not so it doesnt spend much time in their backline so thats why they pump teams and also because obviously they alot better..and suprise suprise when they played the power and the power won the midfield dennington got thumped..... and i never said there midfielders were not accountable ya tool..so maybe look into my comments before u have a go at me.....

quick question for you ********, how many Dennington games have you watched this season? give me an honest answer, my tip is not many. And yes if East players were accaountable they would be having more success, obviously they dont have as higher skill levels but if they were accountable they would be playing alot better football.

allow me to change the whole boring subject of "accountability" for 1 second and say that jason porter is coming out of retirement from this weekend with merrivale but from all reports only wants to play in the twos!!! lets see how long it is till hes in the ones!!!

timboon would be very happy sneaking under the radar.. they are in a perfect spot in 3rd and it is this time of the year they are very tough to handle. yer power and dennington are the pace setters.. between them 2 sides there arent much.. small ground think dennington will beat them but on a big open ground i cant see dennington stopping powers running game. i do agree with members about maybe nowell taking fraser i think dennington will have to sacrafise a big foward to take him.... pwer definatly are beatable but get them on the reid i can just see them running all over who ever it is.

who does everyone reckon will end up playing in the elimination final? it could be out of a few but i'd put my money on panmure and allansford. sth rovers may or may not be better than allansford but they have a tougher draw coming home

who does everyone reckon will end up playing in the elimination final? it could be out of a few but i'd put my money on panmure and allansford. sth rovers may or may not be better than allansford but they have a tougher draw coming home

rovers always cop a bad draw and creek get the dream draws. will be tough for rovers. must beat merrivale. matthews went down early 2nd quarter against timboon with a knee? dunno how bad

whoever plays in the elim final are only making up the numbers in the finals so it doesnt really matter who it will be does it?? i laugh when i hear people say "this team has a dream draw" or "that team has a tough draw"...you really think the league sits down and purposely makes it hard or easy for any particular team??....and does it matter?....If creek have a "dream" draw then they arent taking full advantage of it!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back