2009 WDFNL Season. Movements and Rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to noorat to have a look at power and the demons.. have only seen both sides couple times the weather really ruined but power look very sharp even in those conditions.. they are hard at it then they just run timboonhad a crack but poor 2nd quarter lost it.. brad johnson very smart player he dominated and the fella hutchins for power dont hear much of him but he does it at both ends of the ground. rylance was kept very quite... wont be surprised if it is these 2 teams at the end to fight it out

on that note. should somone start a thread, all have a crack at naming the TEAM OF THE YEAR?

ill have a crack at it but im only going off the sides and performances I have seen so im happy to be corrected or take on any valid opinions

B: C. Blackberry J. Boydle L. Duncan
HB: B. Parkinson D. Newman A. Clements
C: C. Hall J. Rhodes C. Lenehan
HF: D. Stenhouse B. Fraser J. Nowell
F: A. Rylance F. Matthews D. Chaplin-Burch
R: K. Wagstaff N. Murphy G. Sheppard

Int S. Jenkins, S. Bourke, B. Wilggins, L. Madden

Coach- Ben Kenna
President- Mick Hunt

ill have a crack at it but im only going off the sides and performances I have seen so im happy to be corrected or take on any valid opinions

B: C. Blackberry J. Boydle L. Duncan
HB: B. Parkinson D. Newman A. Clements
C: C. Hall J. Rhodes C. Lenehan
HF: D. Stenhouse B. Fraser J. Nowell
F: A. Rylance F. Matthews D. Chaplin-Burch
R: K. Wagstaff N. Murphy G. Sheppard

Int S. Jenkins, S. Bourke, B. Wilggins, L. Madden

Coach- Ben Kenna
President- Mick Hunt

id have to have a bit of a think for mine.
do we name 1 or 2 ruckman?
just 2 players you have not named, but parsons from nirranda at FB? and C.Keilor from Dennington in a FP.
I havnt seen much of dennington but is gary john sheppard having that good of a yeaR?

matty stewart should leave the wdfnl alone. nothing wrong with our league.the hampden are running scared, they are trying to drag us into there ordinary comp. the wdfnl is a better comp (not skill wise but just genuinly better competition for results)

Oblett, seriously, you are a tool!

WDFNL is a better comp, please!

Each and every week is easier to pick the winners in the WDFNL, name one upset for the season???

In the Hampden, Camperdown has beaten Koroit, Cobden has now beaten Koroit and Port Fairy has beaten Camperdown.

The reason for that is that the Hampden League has quality players in "EVERY" team that on there day can play good enough to beat a team above them.

The WDFNL clubs are lists of players that are there because that is exactly where their at. Either retired Hampden players, or players who just simply want to play district. There is nothing wrong with that, but that equates to them playing at that level week in week out.

That then turns into sides become robot in their performances and the results are so predictable it isnt funny.

Does that make for a better competition, I think not.

Grow up smell the roses.

As for saying the Hampden League is running scared and is an ordinary comp. You are a tool!!!

the team of the year is a load of crap and a waste of time! What does it achieve?? If a team of the year is picked you can always pick countless other teams that would be just as good!!!

Each and every week is easier to pick the winners in the WDFNL, name one upset for the season???

In the Hampden, Camperdown has beaten Koroit, Cobden has now beaten Koroit and Port Fairy has beaten Camperdown.

The reason for that is that the Hampden League has quality players in "EVERY" team that on there day can play good enough to beat a team above them.

The WDFNL clubs are lists of players that are there because that is exactly where their at. Either retired Hampden players, or players who just simply want to play district. There is nothing wrong with that, but that equates to them playing at that level week in week out.

That then turns into sides become robot in their performances and the results are so predictable it isnt funny.

Grow up smell the roses.

As for saying the Hampden League is running scared and is an ordinary comp. You are a tool!!!
i think as what oblett means is it is more interesting because they have 12 teams..u ask any player of the hampden league and they will agree that playing most sides 3 times absolutely sucks and they can very quickly loose intrest which is why some may leave hampden....i think the hampden have to have more teams but where they get them from i dont no..wouldnt mind seeing the relegation system but i cannot see it working because clubs rely on netballers as well to keep going and say the premiership footy team got elevated but there netballers where horrible it would then ruin the top divisions netball comp so i dunno how it would work......and team of the year is not such a bad thing i dont believe because it recognises the best players from the league. i think its a joke when players are picked for there name and not their ability which does happen a bit but for some players they really do deserve the recognition!

id have to have a bit of a think for mine.
do we name 1 or 2 ruckman?
just 2 players you have not named, but parsons from nirranda at FB? and C.Keilor from Dennington in a FP.
I havnt seen much of dennington but is gary john sheppard having that good of a yeaR?

yeah Shepp is having a very good year, as for Chris Keilor he is leading the goal kicking but he refuses to play in front and anyone with the supply he is getting will be kicking bags, dont get me wrong he has ability but he prob isnt in the best 6 forwards in the league

the team of the year is a load of crap and a waste of time! What does it achieve?? If a team of the year is picked you can always pick countless other teams that would be just as good!!!

i think maybe a certain someone has never been named in a "team of the year" :-( lol. i understand your point that there could be 2 or maybe 3 very good tema picked from a league as big as the wdfnl but realistically you could pick the very best side if you had to and that is what its about, THE best side in your opinion. instead of just saying its a load of crap show us your side and then let us see how well you know the league...

B: n thompson (tim), c doyle (aford), j boydle(kn)
HB: b wiggins (tim), s schrama (pan), b parkinson (den)
C: c hall (den), s bourke (kn), j chalmers (aford)
HF: L maddern (kn), b fraser(kn), s heffernan (pan)
F: a rylance (tim), d stenhouse (aford), j nowell (den)
R: k wagstaff (tim), m schrama (pan), n murphy (s r)
I: L wilson (s r), s smith (nir), b lenehan (aford), g sheppard (den)

Grow up smell the roses.

the top 5 can be picked at the start of the year in hampden. this year in district, the last 2 finals spots could be creek, panmure, rovers, allansford or nirranda.... my point is why take a good WDFNL team out of the comp and put them in hampden? they will only end up like north warrnambool, s**t. Hampden better off going for a club like portland, hamilton imps or colac etc?. good standard established clubs that wont fall on there feet. they will also have better depth and better netball teams than a WDFNL team.

B: n thompson (tim), c doyle (aford), j boydle(kn)
HB: b wiggins (tim), s schrama (pan), b parkinson (den)
C: c hall (den), s bourke (kn), j chalmers (aford)
HF: L maddern (kn), b fraser(kn), s heffernan (pan)
F: a rylance (tim), d stenhouse (aford), j nowell (den)
R: k wagstaff (tim), m schrama (pan), n murphy (s r)
I: L wilson (s r), s smith (nir), b lenehan (aford), g sheppard (den)

not a bad outfit, although i wouldnt have lenehan. chalmers having a sensational year!

i think maybe a certain someone has never been named in a "team of the year" :-( lol. i understand your point that there could be 2 or maybe 3 very good tema picked from a league as big as the wdfnl but realistically you could pick the very best side if you had to and that is what its about, THE best side in your opinion. instead of just saying its a load of crap show us your side and then let us see how well you know the league...

you are right i never got in to any team of the year but i never played footy to do that,,i played to try and win a flag ..and i did that!!! i just think the team of the year angle is a waste of time..who cares about the best team...my point is that whatever team is picked someone could always pick a better one. the whole concept achieves nothing!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

parkinson doyle boydle
thompson schrama hall
lenehan bourke chalmers
fraser stenhouse rylance
chaplin-burch keilor matthews

wagstaff murphy sheppard

wilson monk nowell wiggins

not a bad side that wont train together or play anyone!!!!

not a bad outfit, although i wouldnt have lenehan. chalmers having a sensational year!
nah b lenehan is a must, can play any key position, go into the ruck, flanks ect. a very versatile and agressive big man who runs like a midfielder. have always thought he's been very under-rated for years.

parkinson doyle boydle
thompson schrama hall
lenehan bourke chalmers
fraser stenhouse rylance
chaplin-burch keilor matthews

wagstaff murphy sheppard

wilson monk nowell wiggins

not a bad side that wont train together or play anyone!!!!

forward line probablly to top heavy if the side actually played any1 and why wilson and monk on the bench?..and i dunno wat all the fuss about lenehan i dont rekon he is very good at all.....definately not in the team of the year! And also stenhouse has done jack s**t this year for the wraps that were on him at the start of the year! would have fraser at centr half for sure.

its the team i came up with so does it really matter who lines up where?? the whole concept is a wank and amounts to nothing anyway...bottom line is the whole "team of the year" is a complete waste of time and means nothing....everyone plays to win a granny..NOT this!!!!!!:mad:

It doesnt matter who you guys pick for team of the year, although most of you on the money - the problem is whoever picks team usually puts together a group of hampden league has beens.
How about the league put together an Under 21 or 25 team of the year. At least it would make them focus on the youth and future of the league.
Still think the demons under the radar but sholl gotta add goal kickin strength if a chance. Power the favs - best depth of players but if the dogs have a day out then who knows.

the infamous team of the year is picked by each club nominating 6 players to the league..then its reduced to a squad then finally a team. The league only goes with which players are nominated by their own clubs. so its not just a list of hampden has beens but players who are having somewhat of a half decent season...i think there are only 3 or 4 people who go thru the process and have the final say. Picking just a team of under 25s or whatever wouldnt work....plus there are enough u14s and u17s kids running around to ensure the furure of the the league strong for years to come...

I agree with the future of the wdfnl. Plenty of good young talent running around. Pity hampden leaugue think they must play higher level to be good players. Some players just like to play with their mates and enjoy their footy and not be pressured into playing higher level.
Team of the year last year WAS NOT picked the way you mentioned!!!!!!! That is why it was a bunch of ex hampden players.

hey newman09 i forgot to clarify.....thats how the team will be chosen THIS year!!!!!!!!!!! its still a load of crap no matter how its chosen and whos in it. At the end of the day its meaningless. You play for a flag not to be chosen for a pretend team that will never train or play together.....a joke!!!

south rovers will beat russels weak and be the team that sneaks into the finals. panmure will beat a'ford and end their finals campaign. the bulldogs have got their full list 2 choose from now and may be more of a danger than some people think

south rovers will beat russels weak and be the team that sneaks into the finals. panmure will beat a'ford and end their finals campaign. the bulldogs have got their full list 2 choose from now and may be more of a danger than some people think

bulldogs wont go very far in the finals.. they might have there full list to choose from but how many of that list are actually 100%. In finals you cant afford to go in under done you will be found out... panmure could win 1 final cant see them winning 2... the old bodies of panmure will be worn out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back